tribal people and proteins

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
thea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

tribal people and proteins

Post by thea »

Nutrition is not very simple, people who eat "ancestral diet" are in good health. Many of this people eat plenty of protein without effect.
Thank to RMR to answer about high protein diet and tribal people
At this time I eat 60 gr of protein and I feel well

The War on Good Food
by Michael Miles

Unknown to most folks is the U.S government’s war against the small independent dairy farm. The politically correct posture in mainstream nutrition circles today is a war against saturated fat (found mostly in animal foods). Brad Edmonds has pointed this out on several occasions. The FDA, the USDA and numerous state health departments would have conniptions over the articles which have appeared on the LRC website from such libertarian gourmands as Gary North, Brad Edmonds, Karen DeCoster and Jeremy Sapienza extolling the virtues of fatty animal foods and (gasp) even raw animal foods.

Gary North would merit particular censure because he dared claim that such a dietary regimen (which included raw milk and raw organ meats like brain) saved his life. I think Brad Edmonds might get a few hacks as well for suggesting that raw or undercooked pork can be eaten safely. Holy bejeezus! That must explain the crazy anarcho-capitalist stuff he writes.

An exciting thing (for me) is that Gary North, Ph.D. was treated by Francis Pottenger, M.D., whose book, Pottenger’s Cats, makes a powerful argument for using raw animal foods to prevent and heal disease. There is even a foundation devoted to preserving and expanding his work, the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation.

The Price-Pottenger Foundation and the Weston A. Price Foundation are primarily dedicated to the work of Dr. Weston A. Price. This Cleveland dentist was, in my opinion, the greatest clinical nutritionist of the last century. If you want a primer on real nutrition, his book, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, is the place to begin. Dr. Price traveled the world studying societies who for generations had withstood the onslaught of modern degenerative diseases like tooth decay, diabetes, stroke, cancer and coronary heart disease.

His is an ignored work today because the healthiest groups he observed had diets full of butter, cream, milk, meat, seafood of all types, organ meats, etc. Some of the groups, like the Eskimos and Masai, hardly ate any starchy carbohydrates at all. The Eskimos had very little carbohydrates of any type in their diet. The Masai, whose diet consists mainly of milk, meat, and occasionally blood, had and still have as a group one of the lowest cholesterol levels in the world.

He also noted that the distinguishing characteristic of all these groups, regardless of the actual specifics of the diet (which varied greatly depending on geography which affected the availability of food), was the daily use of raw animal foods of some sort, without exception. And in a further politically incorrect observation, Dr. Price commented that the premier health food around the world was…butter! One author notes:

"…many people around the globe…have valued butter for its life-sustaining properties for millennia. When Dr. Weston Price studied native diets in the 1930's he found that butter was a staple in the diets of many supremely healthy peoples.1 Isolated Swiss villagers placed a bowl of butter on their church altars, set a wick in it, and let it burn throughout the year as a sign of divinity in the butter. Arab groups also put a high value on butter, especially deep yellow-orange butter from livestock feeding on green grass in the spring and fall. American folk wisdom recognized that children raised on butter were robust and sturdy; but that children given skim milk during their growing years were pale and thin, with "pinched" faces.2

~ Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig, Ph.D.
"Why Butter is Better" Health Freedom News, 1999

He noted that whenever people from these groups adopted what he called "the displacing foods of modern commerce" they would invariably suffer from modern degenerative diseases. Whenever they returned to their native diets they would invariably recover from these diseases. Perish the thought! Eating fat and meat to recover your health? The low fat (and vegetarian) police simply don’t know what to do with his body of material.

For a modern nutritional application of his principles, Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats, by Sally Fallon with Mary Enig, is a good read even though it is a cookbook. The first seventy eight pages are priceless and deserve to be in a stand-alone format.

For a modern clinical application of the observations of Price and the work of Pottenger, see We Want To Live by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. For those of us who are more academically inclined the book will be frustrating for its lack of references, but the story is quite compelling. It details the use of raw animal foods like meat, milk, butter and cream in healing people of cancer, diabetes, and a host of other diseases.

Price, Pottenger, and many others like them are ignored because we live in a fat phobic and raw phobic society, despite solid evidence that the high-carb low-fat approach is one of the roots of much of what ails us today (as well as evidence suggesting that Pasteur was wrong and the danger of bacteria and parasites in food is overstated, especially given modern entrepreneurial inventions which do wonders in protecting our food supply. Some Doctors have even suggested that some diseases are a result of not having enough parasites in our system).

While high-fat high-protein diets are all the rage at the moment (Dr. Atkins and Protein Power for example), rest assured the food Nazis are working overtime to turn the tide against this populist monstrosity. Even more, in many metropolitan areas around the country, it is considered de rigueur to eat raw animal dishes like sushi, sashimi, carpaccio and steak tartar. There are even restaurants out here on the left coast that use raw in their name.

I will never forget the delight my server had the first time I ordered steak tartar from a popular upscale restaurant in my area. He is from the old country and was simply delighted that a relatively young chap like me knew "what was good for him." Little did he know I was about to sprinkle my tartar with a wonderful homemade sauce that consisted of raw butter, virgin coconut oil, and garlic, which I had secreted into the restaurant. Tartar is my favorite politically incorrect dish because it has raw beef and raw egg.

This brings me back to the original point of this article and the problem at hand. While it is still possible to go into a store and buy raw meat, fish, and eggs (and this may soon change because of the threat of biological terrorism, at least according to my local paper), has anyone noticed there is one product you cannot buy raw?

Hmmm…think about it for a moment. It is the stuff which is supposed to do a body good. It also helps build bones in twelve different ways. Various celebrities sport moustaches on billboards around the country extolling it virtues. There is even a major computer maker that uses the source of this foodstuff as their logo and occasional ad spokesman. You got it, milk, or more generally, dairy products of all stripes.

As of this writing the only raw dairy product that you can find on a somewhat regular basis at retail is cheese. Even then, by law, it has to be cheese that is aged over 60 days (presumably to kill any dangerous pathogens present in the milk) which severely limits the choice to only hard cheeses.

Any real cheese connoisseur knows that some of the best cheeses in the world are imported or local raw milk cheeses and wouldn’t think of eating a pasteurized copy. There has been more than one occasion upon returning from Canada that cuban cigars weren’t the only contraband I was carrying, a number of fresh soft cheeses that I can’t get in America somehow magically appearing in my luggage.

Ronald Reagan signed into a law a statute forbidding the interstate sale of raw milk products. So even in states where raw dairy is legal the products can’t cross state lines (except cheese aged at least 60 days) although people often cross to obtain these products. Most states have for all intents and purposes regulated raw dairy out of existence even where it is legal.

Despite the proven virtues both medically and nutritionally of raw milk (in contrast to the proven negatives of pasteurized homogenized milk, which we only have today because of bureaucratic intervention) there has been an unceasing war against it producers. Dr. William Osler called it white blood. Hippocrates referred to it as a cure for tuberculosis. Dr. J.R. Crewe routinely healed people of various disorders using raw milk in the early part of the last century. Dr. William Campbell Douglass has in our time done the same thing. None of this is speculation or private opinion but a matter of public record.

Yet producers and sellers of raw milk, butter, and cream are regularly persecuted around the country, saddled with enormous legal bills and often robbed of their livelihood. Consumers like me often must go through enormous pains to get the stuff and are very leery of sharing sources lest the powers that be force them out of existence.

Several months ago I received an email that highlights the plight of farmers who want to meet the demand for raw dairy products:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I always find it interesting when people mention the Masai, because their average lifespan is about 45 years. Even if all those years would be in good health, the same amount of healthy years can be reached on a 'normal' diet. In 2005 women in The Netherlands were without chronic disease until 41.1 yrs, while men until 47.3 yrs, even though they lived on to an average of 81.6 and 77.2 years respectively.
thea wrote:Nutrition is not very simple, people who eat "ancestral diet" are in good health.
What is good health? And how long do they stay in good health?
thea wrote:Many of this people eat plenty of protein without effect.
Which effects were tested?

There are a number of diets around in the world, and they all have a place on the healthy scale. Comparing a SAD to a vegan diet, one might well conclude that a vegan diet is healthier than a SAD, but does that mean that a vegan diet is the optimal diet for healh?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Let's not lose our heads over this, Highlander. :?: Not a clue why I thought of Highlander???

I agree it is interesting about the Maasai lifespan on average. It will be very intersting to see how long Aajonus Vonderplanitz lives, yes? Or, Alissa Cohen. As now we have so many people claiming 'The Way' to good health.

Maybe now, with such Media proliferation, the truth will out itself. One thing is for sure:

http://www.jacklalanne.com/biograph.html

Maybe we should be watching this guy :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I'd like to see some stats on the very old in the Massai culture. Maybe a lot of young people die from violence or something and the statistic of 45 losses some meaning.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I think there's a film in the works to record the lives and ways of the Maasai.