Wai Diet Research...

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Diet Research...

Post by nick »

This is for Wai and RRM:

I was just curious about when you first started developing the sample diet....

What were some of the early diet you tried during your research?

What were some of the early theories or approaches you took?

When did the whole concept of "dirty" protein figure into the acne problem?

The diet is amazing and the first attempts at developing a sample diet must have been interesting as well...
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai Diet Research...

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by nick:
I was just curious about when you first started developing the sample diet....
Actually, I first started experimenting in my teens. Living on a farm with loads of fruit trees, I mostly ate just fruits, and already found out through experiments that high protein foods made me break out. Never got it under control though.
What were some of the early diet you tried during your research?
The fruits plus normal foods in my teens (experimenting with different normal foods)
When I was about 25, I experimented with a diet of only apples, sugar, oil and liquid free amino acids during 3 months (not a drop of anything else). I have never seen a skin, on anyone, more clear, soft and glowing, than my skin during that experiment. Of course this diet is not healthy and the liquid free amino acids taste terrible (and I had to take so much that I very strongly felt like throwing up every time I took them)
What were some of the early theories or approaches you took?
I hadn't figured out a complete theory. All I knew, from experiments, was that protein and spices had something to do with it.
During about a year I took supplementary enzymes because I thought maybe my digestive enzymes might not be fully able to decompose all dietary protein. That didn't work though.
When did the whole concept of "dirty" protein figure into the acne problem?
After I met Wai.
Wai also had been experimenting with foods all her life, and during her modelling years had lived on a diet of mainly sushi and fruits.
She told me about another model who had obtained a beautiful skin while eating only fruits and raw seafood.
The word "raw" kept on reasonating in our brain.
the first attempts at developing a sample diet must have been interesting as well...
Yes, we knew we were on to something, and it took years of trial and error to work out the details, with lots of moments of disappointment and excitement. Not just the reward of a clear and soft skin, but especially all the responses eventually made it all very worthwhile.
nick

Post by nick »

Originally posted by RRM:
Actually, I first started experimenting in my teens. Living on a farm with loads of fruit trees, I mostly ate just fruits, and already found out through experiments that high protein foods made me break out. Never got it under control though.
Wow, that is very interesting. So even from the beginning when you first got acne, you knew there was a dietary connection.
The fruits plus normal foods in my teens (experimenting with different normal foods)
When I was about 25, I experimented with a diet of only apples, sugar, oil and liquid free amino acids during 3 months (not a drop of anything else). I have never seen a skin, on anyone, more clear, soft and glowing, than my skin during that experiment. Of course this diet is not healthy and the liquid free amino acids taste terrible (and I had to take so much that I very strongly felt like throwing up every time I took them)
What discipline! I bet it must have been hard to go back to a normal cooked diet after having made such a discovery. Was it hard to eat and live while on such a diet? Did you notice/feel the effects of it?
Yes, we knew we were on to something, and it took years of trial and error to work out the details, with lots of moments of disappointment and excitement. Not just the reward of a clear and soft skin, but especially all the responses eventually made it all very worthwhile.
And during that process, you both discovered the "secrets" to the major health burdens. I find it amazing that you dedicated yourselves to understanding/discovering the truth about diet/health. I can't imagine such an undertaking...did you ever think that you were just two "people" attempting something impossible?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:
So even from the beginning when you first got acne, you knew there was a dietary connection.
In the very beginning I didn't really know, but I was trying to get a grip, and then it gradually appeared it was possible to influence my acne by diet to some extend.
I bet it must have been hard to go back to a normal cooked diet after having made such a discovery.
Well, even at that time it wasn't a standard cooked diet. I was drinking loads of sirup and eating lots of fruits (when I had the money) for example, but yes, occasionally I also ate normal cooked meals. It wasnt so hard to go back to that diet because the experiment diet was too unpleasant (liquid amino acids) and unhealthy (lack of vitamins) anyway.
Was it hard to eat and live while on such a diet? Did you notice/feel the effects of it?
The only real hard thing was swallowing those disgustingly acidic liquid amino acids; every day I felt like throwing up with every intake of these. Beyond that, I felt great, and I clearly felt the 'lack of pollution in my body' (very clear, focussed, energetic and good spirited). And, of course, that beautiful skin was a reward by itself.
I find it amazing that you dedicated yourselves to understanding/discovering the truth about diet/health.
Its more like an addiction, or a journey through wonderland. The excitement of the discoveries, the anger towards the pharmaceutical companies, the sadness of all those betrayed people, the thrive, the obligation.
Our ignorance just would have been too immoral.
did you ever think that you were just two "people" attempting something impossible?
We still do.
Some people benefit from this diet, but the challenges ahead are enormous.
nick

Post by nick »

Have you ever had someone who didn't feel the benefits when they correctly followed the diet?

When I think about it, their are too many people living on this world to support with just raw foods like fruit, fish, etc.. Vegetables and prepared foods are needed to "nurish" most countries.

This raises many questions about health and the future of humankind.

Thanks,
Nick
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its impossible to tell who's correctly following the diet, and who isn't. But, yes, someone reported that he couldnt cope with the sugars in fruits and needed more fat, for example.
And yes, I think that prepared food was introduced in the first place because it is so convenient, and enables us to feed entire cities (and armies).
On the other hand, if only people can chose their own destiny in health, thats a major improvement, even if 99% of people chose to keep eating foods that decrease lifespan and health.
If only we all are fully informed, and thus have the freedom of choice.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Nick~
Hi! I just started Wai's diet yesterday. I'm excited to see the results! I just wanted to respond to your post about the whole world not having access to fruits and fish, and I thought you might be interested in a book by Weston A. Price called "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration." It's an EXTREMELY interesting book to read if you are AT ALL interested in nutrition. It's about Doctor Price's(who was a dentist)findings in his studies of all kinds of different tribes and primitive people from all over the world (written in the 1930s) and how their diet affected their health, especially their dental health and general facial form as well as resistance to diseases such as tuberculosis. He found the Masai tribe of Africa, who ate meat, milk, and blood almost exclusively, to have perfect teeth and general health (and no acne)and would grow to heights of over 7feet regularly. He found the same to be true of the Inuit or Eskimo people who lived primarily on blubber and meat with some nuts and sometimes cranberries. I believe much of it was eaten raw. Also some Gaelic peoples who ate mainly raw milk and a handmade rye bread. So you see, there are many ways that people can be healthy without this particular diet, I would say it is mainly a matter of getting rid of the greed and influence of the big food industries and the government and drug industries as they are all together in a bed of greed and, and doing REAL, and UNBIASED research to find out what foods are truly "good" for us, as well as seeking a lot of wisdom from our ancestors. I think Wai and RRM have done a wonderful job doing exactly that. Thank you for your contribution to REAL health, Wai and RRM!!! :D
~Amber
Monique

Post by Monique »

did d weston a price book tell maximum age of these ppl?
tsilentlucidity

Post by tsilentlucidity »

RRM wrote:
If only we all are fully informed, and thus have the freedom of choice.
Precisely. :D
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Monique~
Hi. I havn't yet finished it - I'm about 1/2 way through, but it has been extremely interesting and informative thus far. The groups that he studied who were on their "primitive" diets or as he also calls it "obeying Nature's laws" were, however, nearly completely free from ALL degenerative diseases, which would suggest that they did not die until very late ages. I am very interested in that as well, and will look into it some more. There is an organization meant to spread the information that Dr. Weston A Price uncovered in his travels at www.westonaprice.org if you are interested in learning more about him. I'll let you know if I find anything else regarding longevity in his book.
Love you all!
~Amber
Monique

Post by Monique »

thanx amber!
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

My understanding is that a common practice among Inuit was to put their elders (often in their 60s or so) on ice floats and they would drift off to starve to death. The sick and injured weren't always cared for either. Life in the arctic circle is extremely difficult and there isn't much room for those that can't provide for themselves or the group.

Although I don't think this is practiced any longer, it might be something to consider when looking at the apparent health of a particular group.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog