Celibacy

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Celibacy

Post by andyville »

Hey,

I have read a number of studies where it has been shown that mice who are restricted from sexual intercourse, live longer than those who lead a normal sex life (whatever that is for a mouse). I have heard claims that the same effect is evident in humans who refrain from sex, although I doubt that any serious studies have been made.

As a meditator I am very intressed in seeing what a period of complete celibacy might do to my meditation, my focus and - ultimately - my health. I would like to know if anyone has experienced long periods of celibacy and, if that is the case, what was the experience like? Any interesting links and thoughts on the possible advandages/disadvantages of celibacy, would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I've read books on Chinese medicine and they teach that men loose a lot of 'vital energy' when they ejaculate. They really seem to stress this as a big health issue specially as you get older.
jfk

Post by jfk »

Don't know about 'vital energy' but for centuries the church has convinced people that sex out of wedlock means burning in hell and that restraint is close to Godliness. Meditation is largely about spirituality, so some loose correlation there.

The ethos surrounding celibacy does sound a bit like another control system. If you ran 10 miles you'd be tired too, and if using less calories = living longer and that is your goal, then any strenuous exertion, including the hot n steamy variety, opposes your purpose.

On the oher hand, the discussion in 'wai says' about oxytocin etc. suggests climaxing is accompanied by all round body-nourishing effects.

Plus isn't it possible to put so many constraints on your behaviour that life becomes too designed? As a young person there seems to be a lot of pit-holes strategically placed to trip you up. We're told to eat and do a lot of wrong things from birth, but from that moment must attempt to conform to unattainable levels of beauty and intelligence in order to be deemed worth existence - and avoid hell of course. :?

The media has infiltrated every aspect of human behaviour in order to mould our psychology. Their approach toward sex related matters makes a strong attempt to puzzle us. But I still feel there is an element that can't be ruined - because our sexuality is very powerful and unique - can't it be one thing that remains organic, un-pre-determined? With food we are supposed to listen to our bodies, isn't this the same? Imagine conducting your sexual experiences by whether or not it made you live longer/healthier and the mental shackles that you would be imposing on yourself. If sex was never on the cards again, life would seem a hell of a lot longer than anyone would want it to be. There ain't nothing healthy about that.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Do think sex would be the problem but ejaculation.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

From what I read it is specific to ejaculation. They actually talk about having sex without ejaculating, which seems crazy to me. If my wife as been fully satisfied and I had to choose between ejaculating and losing some health benefit or simplying stopping, I'm ok with losing some health benefits.

Weather this is true or not, I don't see myself ever having sex without ejaculating, but I guess some men do this.
nick

Post by nick »

At its very essence, ejaculation is about giving life, fulfilling the male biological purpose of ensuring the survival of his genes.

How could that be bad by itself?
It is was male's are designed to do.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I think the issue is on frequency or how much we do it. We are designed to drink water, but too much water will kill you. Keep in mind I am not saying I agree with this article I was just saying that some people believe that ejaculation has a metabolic 'cost'. Personally, I havn't done enough research to come to any conclusions.

here is a quote from: http://www.hps-online.com/tsy4.htm

"According to Chinese physicians, the same point applies to semen, except that the loss of semen is even harder to replace than blood.

The body must invest a lot of essence and energy to fully replenish semen supplies and re-establish proper hormone balance after a man ejaculates.

When ejaculation frequency exceeds the capacity of the body to fully replenish semen, men experience chronic fatigue, low resistance, irritation and other symptoms of essence and energy deficiency. They also lose all sexual interest in their partners, who may well be ready for more action."
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I was 'celibate' for a year, and got a straight 4.0 LOL it was like Seinfeld when George gave up sex and suddenly he could think clearly.
avo

Post by avo »

That is so true, it is actually funny. Back in sophmore and junior year in HS, I was pretty abstinate. I had 3.8 GPA.

Now... let's not even get started, lol. I'm squeeking by... :)