Promotion of the Wai way....

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Promotion of the Wai way....

Post by dionysus »

After reading some horrific side effects caused by drugs such as Roaccutane, with people gambling that the drug does not turn them psychotic, i have to ask the question. Why is nobody listening?

Why do dermatologists not listen? (I presume journals have been inform)

It's crazy that more people do not understand that they don't need to gamble with drugs like Roaccutane.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey dionysus, my Father worked for a comapny that made antibiotics. To this day, at 80 he will swear his life to antibiotics...and to pharmacology! I can't say it's ALL bad, but man the blind faith that's given freaks me out.

If we were all in a room/BAR, together, we could be having a totally cool discussion over some brewskies and have some real time worthy banter. And it's the discovery of new knowledge, faulty or not, that we can take home and assimilate as we wish. Like all of a sudden all this info, good or bad, starts to make sense. You start to pick and chose what to believe as true, and you let the other go. Perhaps for later, when new evidence makes light.

I meantion this because it's easy to be overwhelmed by new information. And just because I may be excited about learning something new doesn't mean itis gospel, you know. Sorry, for me this ties into another thread.

How do you convince someone not to rely on a drug for results?

Sadly, my Mom is doing Chemo and taking tons of meds. All I can do is remind her to eat well. But she still eats chips, pastry and has two Vodka drinks a day! My Father, high blood pressure and other thingies- tons-o-meds. How to convince them diet may be the answer? They don't hear me. Maybe a little, so I keep chirping.
avalon

Post by avalon »

ehh... over freshly made virgin bloody marys???
RRM
Administrator

Re: Promotion of the Wai way....

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:Why is nobody listening?
Professionals are not interested because it cannot bring them any money.
Most acne patients are not interested because its seems a very hard diet.
That leaves this diet for those who care and have the stamina.
nick

Post by nick »

Perhaps a new paradigm in thought will occur and people will realize that doing it the hard way is the only way to be sure, thus a group of people who start now and gradually build up will bring that change. Perhaps RRM's osteoporosis theory and subsequent research will only bring more people to this realization and then tip the state of mind that people currently believe in...

But only people without the illusion that money is god, can set an unbreakable movement, one based on fact and science: people who walk the walk and who talk the talk of truth.

You can't buy that!
You live it!
Last edited by nick on Mon 26 Mar 2007 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
rischott

Post by rischott »

after 5 more months or so, i'm planning on going to panama or peru or colombia, i'm going to buy 5-10 acres, build a cob house, have a beautiful fruit garden, and live the way I believe life is meant to be lived. no clocks, no calendars, just the clean beautiful air, and so on. My family has disowned me in many ways and can not understand my 'extreme diet'. They continue to use coffee, prescribed medications, and chemicals all over there body.
Wai can not be promoted as a miracle diet or a 2 week clean your body getaway. It is definetely a completely new outlook on life. I know that for myself, i found wai and raw eating in general at a time that i was already trying to find a new way of life. They go hand and hand. I don't think wai could be promoted to the masses because just like my family, they'll reject it as some sort of cult religion. And maybe in a way, we are a cult religion, but it sures feels a hell of a lot better than stuffing my face with french fries and milkshakes, anxiety over being 35 seconds late to work, and shitting out a bowling bowel every night.
Thank you to everyone who has taken personal responsibility and are changing things towards the more natural way of life.
nick

Post by nick »

Rischott,

I find your plan to be something that is a personal dream that is possible but at the same time I haven't given up hope yet. Personally, I think it would be great as I wonder how many types of different fruits you can grow in that region.

Have you researched it out?
What about Olive Oil or fresh fish?
Can you grow avocadoes too?

It would be interesting to see how possible it would be.
Let us know what you find out.

And yes, you are right that most of society isn't open to such a diet.
But it is more than a diet.
The key behind understanding the diet is actually carefully reading the site and articles and then doing your own research to see how it holds it to fact. Each time I read something from other sites/books/experts or just read about the biochemistry of how the body works, the Wai theory becomes stronger and stonger.

Apparently my parents think I'm strange perhaps even 'crazy' to some degree. They can't beleive their son, their firstborn would go off the deep end and follow something from the internet.

The thing that irritates me is that when I ask them to spend the time to read and understand it, they say they aren't a doctor or a nutrionist. It's like they don't think it is possible for them to have the intelligence to understand the science, when really it this attitude that prevents them from vertical growth.

It is hard to set someone free from their own mental prison. But that is also the key to being to smart: the defining factor in understanding the diet is also the ability to show others beyond a reasonable doubt how it works and how it it fits in with the model of current nutrition and where Wai presents their case against the current framework of thinking. To walk someone through Wai's work and deftly explain how it works and show the logic of it is the key to convincing others.

Now if we could implant the desire to want to sit down and learn is the next step. That is why you have to be dead honest as to why you do it and why you want others (family) to at least take a look at it and respect it. To make/have a strong a emotional connection with the ones you love to have them take an extreme look at this 'extreme' diet is part of the equation. They do indeed owe us the promise that they will take a look before bashing it.

I'm not sure of what you have done to show them about how the diet works, but most people never take the time to take the hard look at the facts. I certainly do sympathize with your situation and I hope something good can come of it.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I do not believe it was our families fault if they do not understand the diet.

I had to draw graphs and calorie tables so they understood how it work.

The first time i did Wai i lost alot of weight because i was doing the diet incorrectly.

So when i did the diet a second time round i had to explain to them why i lost the weight and how to it prevented.

They understand it is Roaccutane or Wai. So there is no real choice

RRM wrote:
dionysus wrote:Why is nobody listening?
Professionals are not interested because it cannot bring them any money.
Most acne patients are not interested because its seems a very hard diet.
That leaves this diet for those who care and have the stamina.
The majority of journals in my discipline (psychology) are headed by academics. It trully saddens me to think an academic would put money before knowledge, especially knowledge which in theory could save people from turning psychotic.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:The majority of journals in my discipline (psychology) are headed by academics. It trully saddens me to think an academic would put money before knowledge, especially knowledge which in theory could save people from turning psychotic.
I dont know about psychology, but if I take a look at articles published about osteoporosis, its very rare to find something 'sincere'/'honest' written / set up. The vast majority is about finding drugs that can fight the symptoms. The same for cancer, vascular diseases, ADHD, alzheimer's etc. etc.
Im guessing that it is not fundamentally different in very different fields.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:
dionysus wrote:The majority of journals in my discipline (psychology) are headed by academics. It trully saddens me to think an academic would put money before knowledge, especially knowledge which in theory could save people from turning psychotic.
I dont know about psychology, but if I take a look at articles published about osteoporosis, its very rare to find something 'sincere'/'honest' written / set up. The vast majority is about finding drugs that can fight the symptoms. The same for cancer, vascular diseases, ADHD, alzheimer's etc. etc.
Im guessing that it is not fundamentally different in very different fields.
Presume its all a matter of funding.

I guess universities can only gain major funding for areas that the drug companies feel are going to benefit themselves.

...and of course the drug companies are not going to do detrimental research themselves.

Plus it is hard (from my limited knowledge) for new postgraduates to start up their on research. With new postgraduates usually having to join a research team that is already establish at the university.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:Presume its all a matter of funding.
Thats the key matter, indeed.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that since governments more and more need their money elsewhere, the funding is left more and more to companies. So to get funding, researcher would have to present interesting research to companies, who would only fund research beneficial to them.
mesay

Post by mesay »

In addition, I would say that meaby most of the people are in a survival mode. In this way, is cooked food and drugs valuable. It is not easy to get the difference between survive en live as in life all is mixed, but it is possible... and proven!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Has any of you guys/gals ever went up to someone with bad acne and told them about the diet.

I sometimes have the urge to do this but i need to think about the best way to go about it with causing to much discomfort (to them)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nope I haven't (actually haven't seen anyone with bad acne since I'm on the diet), but I might if the circumstances are right.