Pollution, global warming

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Pollution, global warming

Post by avalon »

<RRM> This thread is a spin off from another thread</RRM>
Johndela1 wrote:Sometimes I think it is too late to live this simply lifestyle. Even indigenous people are being affected by pollution and modern developments
It's very sad. Have you looked up nitrogen poisoning?

http://www.whoi.edu/oceanus/viewArticle.do?id=4498
Other statistics are less known but more worrisome:

* Eleven of the world’s 15 most productive fishing grounds—and 70 percent of the major fish species in them—have been or will soon be overexploited.
* Within 60 years, one of every four houses within 500 feet of the shoreline could be destroyed due to sea-level rise and inappropriate coastal development.
* The bottom of all the oceans’ continental shelves are trawled by fishermen at least once every two years, with some areas scarred by nets and chains several times a season.
* At any given time, several thousand species are being carried from one location to another in ship ballast tanks, ready to invade and colonize distant habitats. In San Francisco Bay alone, 234 invasive species have become established, and a new species successfully invades every 14 weeks.
eek! And this morning on the news, here in the states, it looks like the scientists warnings on Global Warming have been silenced by the Bush Administration.

Good time to get that serotonin kick, I would say :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

It seem to be a bad to me, but it is natural. Humans are part of nature and if we are contributing to this then it is natural.

There are many scientists who say that there where times in history where volcanic activity caused a mass poisoning of the world. Gasses came out of the ocean and killed most sea dwelling and land dwelling animals.

With or without people, the world we know is a transient thing

I'm not saying we dont' do damage, just that it almost seem inevitable
rischott

Post by rischott »

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/no ... upiter.htm

An article that points to the sun as the culprit to global warming.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oh God! I'd almost rather believe it was 'Man's' fault because if it isn't we're screwed unless we bulid a space ark and join with the Galactica and get off this rock :shock:
mesay

Post by mesay »

We don't have 6 hearth or even 3, just 1. That's the way it is. We are in the same boat.

I dont see any propaganda in Europe (by the way also overconsuming SUV!!!). It seem like fossilleoil industry have more power in other part of the world.
mesay

Post by mesay »

I have seen this info meany time: the meat industry is responsible of 30% of the global warming and transport (car, truk and so on) 12 %.

My interpretation is obvious over the best act man can do before demanding breaktrought in the clean production of electricity.
"Mistic simplicity for the ignorant"
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

mesay wrote:I have seen this info meany time: the meat industry is responsible of 30% of the global warming and transport (car, truk and so on) 12 %.
There isn't really a good way to know this for sure. If you look at some studies they say we are normal. Temps have been hotter than this before. Most people look back at short times spans and say we are hotter now.

look at this longer term pic:
http://www.brighton73.freeserve.co.uk/g ... 0yrfig.htm

I'm not blaming of justifying man's role in global warming just saying there is no science behind blaming man. Just because something seems so doesn't make it so. There are to many unknown variables.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:If you look at some studies they say we are normal.
The temperature?
There are other factors that have been proven not to be normal, proving that man IS to blame.
just saying there is no science behind blaming man. Just because something seems so doesn't make it so. There are to many unknown variables.
There are variables that show us that it is beyond doubt that it is man who is to blame.
I remember that as a small kid i used to think that there had to be an ill effect caused by cars and factories and so on; i found it very unlogic to believe that there was no ill effect on the air and the earth.
johndela1 wrote:I'm not saying we dont' do damage, just that it almost seem inevitable
Ah, ok, then i misunderstood you.