Nutrient calculator and vegetable juices

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
nini
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Nutrient calculator and vegetable juices

Post by nini »

It would be nice if we could add vegetable juices to the nutrient calcutor to obtain a more accurate picture of our intake. Like juice of chard, celery, carrot, beet and all that kind of thing. Is that a possibility? (with reference to juices made with three different types of juice extractors: centrifugal, Champion/Samson and the like, Norwalk hydraulic press, we are going to use all of these)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Nutrient calculator and vegetable juices

Post by RRM »

nini wrote:It would be nice if we could add vegetable juices to the nutrient calcutor to obtain a more accurate picture of our intake. Like juice of chard, celery, carrot, beet and all that kind of thing.
All these are not adviced on this diet, mostly because of antinutrients (and fiber)
Carrot juice contains too high levels of beta-carotene. (elevated beta-carotene increases lung cancer risk)
Vegetables in general are not part of this diet, but considered munch foods, even when consumed raw.
nini

Post by nini »

I am very surprised you don't allow even vegetable juices (which exclude the fiber). Is this based on research, clinical practice, or theory? What about Dr Walker who became 117 or 118 years old on his juices?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon

Post by avalon »

I'm afraid the truth might be that Dr. Walker only lived to 99. There seems to be a question about that. :cry: But 99 pretty good! :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Nini,

If I found someone who ate a bad diet and basically had an unhealthy life style but lived to be very old would you correlate their life to their age? I mean you can't look at one person (or a study with a sample size of one) and learn much. there are just too many things we don't know that could have contributed to his life span. I wouldn't just quickly assume it was the juice.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Lemons would be nice. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

yea,

I sometimes put in a few grapefruits and lemmons in my OJ