Family First Timers

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
nomadishere
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Family First Timers

Post by nomadishere »

Hello,

Our family is very excited to start the Wai diet but have a couple questions we are hoping some of you would care to address.

We plan to follow the diet very closely, and want to make sure we have our bases covered.

- There are suggestions to eat sugar and we would like to know what kind or if we can only eat fruit-sugar?

- We have not found discussion about water consumption, can we drink water normally? Can we drink too much?

- We hear salt is important to good health and would like to know if the Wai diet does or does not support salt intake.

- We checked out the example diets and the recipes, we are curious what you guys eat in a given day and how much?

Your help is *greatly* appreciated!

- The Waltons
Justin Walton
http://nomadishere.com
nomadishere

Oh yeah...

Post by nomadishere »

And is the Wai diet ok for a 1yr old baby?

Thanks!
Justin Walton
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hello The Walton Family!

I can only asnwer for myself of course.
- There are suggestions to eat sugar and we would like to know what kind or if we can only eat fruit-sugar?
The only sugar I get is from the food I eat. I've never been a big juicer, so i don't do the juice, oil, sugar drinks.
- We have not found discussion about water consumption, can we drink water normally? Can we drink too much?
I just drink if I am thirsty. You may find that that will be less as fruit contains the purest water your body desires. The more watery fruits you eat the less you'll drink.
- We hear salt is important to good health and would like to know if the Wai diet does or does not support salt intake.
It doesn't recommend it. That after some time of leaving it out, you'll come to appreciate foods natural flavorings. I'm afraid I have yet to give up my Celtic Sea Salt or Organic Soy, maybe one day. The free acne book does acknowledge some leeway as you find your way.
- We checked out the example diets and the recipes, we are curious what you guys eat in a given day and how much?
I can't seem to eat as much as everyone else without gaining weight, likely because I am less active, but here is a sample from one of my normal days:

Breakfast:
One fruit and some brazil nuts/almonds or walnuts
Snack:
An apple, walnuts
Lunch:
Tomato Cucumber salad, olive oil, lemon juice- pinch of sea salt pepper
Snack:
2 Raw yolks or fruit smoothie
Dinner:
4-50z of Sashimi(favorite being yellow tail and Mackerel)
nomadishere

THANKS

Post by nomadishere »

Thank you so very much. Your quick reply is much appreciated.
I personally can't seem to rid the soy myself. :)
Justin Walton
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

If you eat foods on this diet your appetite should dictate how much you eat. You wont be wanted to eat if you don't need it. Even when I am not active, I eat as much as I want. Sometimes this means I eat less than I used to because I know I can just eat more in an hour or 1/2 hour and don't feel the need to eat enough to last to my next meal.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Family First Timers

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum. :)
nomadishere wrote:- There are suggestions to eat sugar and we would like to know what kind or if we can only eat fruit-sugar?
Sugar (plain table sugar) can be added if there is need for more energy. Otherwise the sugars contained in fruits are sufficient.
nomadishere wrote:- We have not found discussion about water consumption, can we drink water normally? Can we drink too much?
Normally the consumption of fruits will provide you will all the water you need (I get 1.7 liters of water per day), but if you feel thirsty then by all means drink some water.
nomadishere wrote:- We hear salt is important to good health and would like to know if the Wai diet does or does not support salt intake.
The Wai diet does not support salt intake. There is no official RDA for sodium, and deficiencies are extremely rare (only if the kidneys aren't working as they should).
nomadishere wrote:- We checked out the example diets and the recipes, we are curious what you guys eat in a given day and how much?
My daily regimen is more or less this (OO = Olive Oil):

Breakfast: Mushed banana, OO, chopped apple
Afternoon: 0.5 liter OJ with OO and sugar (sipped)
Late Afternoon: 1 avocado with a few cherry tomatoes, OO, some vinegar, a little bit of chives
Dinner: 100-120gr sashimi (usually raw salmon) or 4 egg yolks
Evening: 0.5 liter OJ with OO and sugar (sipped)
Midnight: Mushed banana, OO, chopped pear

The Wai diet should be fine for a baby. Mushing or finely chopping up fruits, and lateron slowly introducing them to raw fish and egg yolks. And of course breastfeeding as long as possible.

Soy sauce was the last item I dropped. Only when I noticed it contained wheat did I understand why it was so addictive.
nomadishere

THANKS

Post by nomadishere »

Thank you all so much. You are great!
Another question I am wondering: Have any of you had problems with the acid in the orange juice taking the enamel off of your teeth? I have heard not to drink so much because of this. So I am just wondering if there is something I am suppose to do (rinse mouth out with water after drinking)?

Wow I had no idea there was wheat in soy, looks like I'll be letting that go earlier than intended.

Thank you all :)
Justin Walton
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The acid can be a problem, especially in the beginning, depending on the condition of the teeth. I believe that on a common diet the teeth aren't in optimal condition, so it would take some time on the Wai diet to get to an optimal state within the possibilities. So go easy on the OJ in the beginning, make sure to add enough oil when you do, and follow the tips (regarding brushing) I gave in the "teeth" topic (and in other topics).

Since there hasn't been any research done which helps us to understand how teeth react in different diet situations (all research is on standard cooked diets), we have to speculate and experiment.
nomadishere

THANKS

Post by nomadishere »

The roof of my mouth hurts when drinking too much OJ, so that and the 'enamel' part I will start out slowly, maybe just half the amount normally, and then increase.

Thank you so much
Justin Walton
avalon

Post by avalon »

nomadishere wrote:
Wow I had no idea there was wheat in soy, looks like I'll be letting that go earlier than intended.
Just so you know they do sell organic-wheat free sauce:

http://www.amazon.com/Tamari-Sauce-Redu ... B0000CE3T8

If you do go the juicing route, it may be a good idea to use straws so as not to wash your teeth with acid. Though the research isn't there, there are testimonials about teeth problems with excessive juice intake. Using a straw will help bypass this effect.
nomadishere

THANKS

Post by nomadishere »

That is good to know. I'll definitely have to try the straw.
Thanks
Justin Walton
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Maybe this isn't helpful, but I usually 'chew' my juice to let it mix with saliva before swalling it. Does anyone know if this helps it digest better than just putting in in your stomach with a straw?

I have read that acidic fruits do no damage to teeth and I have also read that they do. I am confused on this.

Any one know of any good studies that indicate anything about this?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:Maybe this isn't helpful, but I usually 'chew' my juice to let it mix with salavia before swalling it. Does anyone know if this helps it digest better than just putting in in your stomach with a straw?
The chewing is required to increase access of digestive juices; by chewing you make big food chuncks much smaller. Orange juice does not contain such chuncks of food and the required saliva will mix with the juice anyway (without chewing).
So, no chewing required for OJ etc
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I said 'chew' not chew. I should have been more clear. I dont' mean I chew a liquid, but rather keep it in my mouth longer to let saliva mix with it.

I guess I was thinking there was a better saliva mixing thing going on in my mouth than if I swallowed the juice quickly.

that isn't true?
avalon

Post by avalon »

I could see how sublingually, you might get some good absoption going on, but I'm with RRM on this one.