diet and breastfeeding

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Leslie Breaux
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

diet and breastfeeding

Post by Leslie Breaux »

I typically take my egg yolks after dinner and then immediately nurse my baby before she goes down for the night. I know nursing burns a lot of calories, so am I taxing my body too much by nursing when I should be resting after consuming the egg yolks? I feel generally ok while nursing.

Also, I am gradually returning to the Wai diet after giving birth(Ijust couldn't do it while pregnant). Can one experience a detox(fatigue, etc.)when slowing returning to a raw diet? I am very fatigued these days, but I also have a tooth problem(getting root canal). My tooth was severely abcessed. I am debating whether or not to have it pulled. I have had pain now for 2 months and really feel awful. Any advice on that?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum. :)

I would think nursing should be fine, but I'm not totally sure.

Regarding the tooth, I would always try to keep my teeth as long as possible. So in your case, get the root canal done. Pulling the tooth is a last resort.
RRM
Administrator

Re: diet and breastfeeding

Post by RRM »

Leslie Breaux wrote:I know nursing burns a lot of calories, so am I taxing my body too much by nursing when I should be resting after consuming the egg yolks? I feel generally ok while nursing.
With nursing you loose a lot of calories as they go into your baby, not because of any sort of physical action that requires muscle actvity. so, its perfectly okay regarding the yolks.
Can one experience a detox(fatigue, etc.)when slowing returning to a raw diet?
No, it must have to do with a change in energy intake. Consuming too little energy is the mistake most made when going on this diet.
My tooth was severely abcessed. I am debating whether or not to have it pulled. I have had pain now for 2 months and really feel awful. Any advice on that?
My advice would be to ask for the dentist's advice after he has checked it out.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Hi Leslie! I'm breastfeeding too. I have a little boy who LOVES to eat, so I have to be careful to eat enough. I feel I have to sip OJ while he's nursing most of the time. I also nurse after eating fish or yolks with no problem, but I like it better if I'm laying down at the same time (seems to save energy). Try to get a lot of sleep and take care of that tooth as soon as possible (you'll feel so much better). Blessings!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck