chewing

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

chewing

Post by Maleko »

This may sound like an odd question, but occasionally I get the craving/curiosity to try and sample tasty foods, like some fine chocolates, or a bite of cheesecake or something, but I really dont want it in my body, so I just chew it up and spit it out. Well, I tend to do this alot. I am sure I lose some good salivary enzymes, but is there any other downside to this, like sublingual absorption of junk like hormones and chemicals.

I try not to do it too much, but it really helps me to be 100% raw.

Aloha
nick

Re: chewing

Post by nick »

I would think that you would absorb a a very small amount of the food, but its probably harmless, unless your sensitive to salt or dirty protein.

I prefer smelling tasty foods. For me, if I give it a strong sniff I can feel a wave of satisfaction through my body. Smelling coffee is so awesome. Or something spicy, however smelling cooked and eggs makes me wanna gag. It gives me a one second buzz and reminds me of how I use to eat.

Do you do that everyday? Why not indulge on a much food item. Since your diet is so clean, I would bet that cooked food tastes even better now than it did before.
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

I dont do it everyday, sometimes i go a week or more without doing it, but sometimes its fun late at night....my girlfreind does it with me too. Its fun. We well get a whole box of fine chocolates or we will try a new flavor of haagen daaz. The part of it that doesn't feel right, is the part in which I indirectly support companies that dont treat animals well. Like dairy companies. So I try to buy organic chocolate mostly.
nick

Post by nick »

So you just taste test them?
I barely ever have cravings on this diet anymore.
Your girlfriend follows the diet too?
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

Well, its more like eating without swallowing lol. Yes, she just started following the diet as well. Our diet has been very close to the wai diet for a long time, with one exception, we did alot of veggie juices and thus we cut back on fruit a little too much because of it.

We eat sashimi every other day, we used to do raw organic eggs, but we always ate the egg white...so that is one major change now. In fact for a while we were even doing egg white shakes lol yikes.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I like watching cooking programs. Bit odd don't you think? :lol:

My faviourite at the moment is the Great British Menu.

Great British Menu is a BBC television series in which top UK chefs compete for the chance to cook one course of a four course banquet.

The first series banquet was for the Queen on her 80th birthday.

The second series is to cook for the British Ambassador to France at the British Embassy in Paris.

Not just any cooking but posh artsy cooking :lol:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hey, I loved watching the one for the Queen's b-day! :D
avo

Post by avo »

Since starting Wai I have really enjoyed watching, smelling, and talking about foods. Mostly new and interesting foods with unique ingredients and different ethnic dishes. Stuff that uses lots of spices and flavorings in order to look/smell yummy. But the stuff never goes near my mouth, I don't feel any need to.

My only munch foods are occasional raw, grass-fed beef, and about 1 shot or glass a month of either Sake, Ouzo or some organic wine.

Food Network (foodtv) is my favorite televison channel! I love Good Eats, Iron Chef, Ham on the Street, and the couple shows by Bobby Flay. I also like Top Chef (reality show) and another show that I don't remember the name of right now.

But I don't get to watch any of this anymore, as I don't have cable. But I still watch some videos on youtube.com every now and then.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

A while back I was working at a company where the owner was a strict CRON (cal restricted diet) guy. I asked him if I could invent a food condom of sorts. Something you could put in you stomach then eat what ever you wanted like 1/2 of a cheese cake, then extract the food.

This may sound sick, but I thought if people are goiong to be vommiting food this would be safer.

Any how, he said why not just chew food then swallow it. This started our debate on getting full satisfaction from food. For me if I can't swallow the food, it isn't fully the same. He told me that doesn't make sense because my tongue is where I taste (or something like that) and it was some physchological thing.

I just feel like if I put some rich tasting food in my mouth, I have to resist not swallowing it because that is where the most pleause comes from.

So just chewing food would be torture.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:So just chewing food would be torture.
Exactly; it doesnt make sense because biologically, chewing / eating is for getting the nutrients. Biologically, enjoying your food is just a means, and the swallowing is essential for the satisfaction. Im sure its not just psychological, but that there is an actual physical response (to the brain).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avo wrote: My only munch foods are occasional raw, grass-fed beef, and about 1 shot or glass a month of either Sake, Ouzo or some organic wine.
I didn't know raw beef is a munch food. I eat raw grassfed beef regularly. I get ribeye and usually eat every part of it, fat and meat.

I thought this was wai compliant like salmon.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I think you're right John, it's just not recommended, because of the risks- irradiation and such.

avo:
But I don't get to watch any of this anymore, as I don't have cable. But I still watch some videos on youtube.com every now and then.
Man, I don't have cable either anymore :cry: !!! I was a Food network Junkie.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:I think you're right John, it's just not recommended, because of the risks- irradiation and such.
Correct. But if it is radiated, you could in fact call it a munchfood. ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Thanx for reminding me, Oscar :D