Keeping my mouth SHUT!

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Crysten
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Keeping my mouth SHUT!

Post by Crysten »

Hi, I'm new to this wonderful new way of life. I'm about three weeks in now. I'm still not 100%. I find it very, very hard to follow this diet when I go out, and being that I live in a fun, young neighborhood in the city...AND that it's summer, I go out pretty often.

I don't have acne, but I just recently acquired cellulite due to the fact that I was in the hospital and then in Europe--not a good combination to help me stick to my usual diet consisting of non-processed foods, fruits, veggies and grains. Not going to take this cellulite attack lying down, I googled cellulite problems a few weeks ago and stumbled upon the free acne book, which I immediately began devouring. I love it! Thank you RMM and Wai for using your precious time to gather all the information and write it. And you too Oscar, for all your great responses to the posts.

Okay so now for my "problem," I'm used to having my friends, family and even co-workers come to me for nutrition/exercise advice. I love talking about both topics and am somewhat knowledgeable in them. However, now that all my thinking has changed so drastically due to this fantastic (yet hard) new lifestyle, I find it so difficult to answer people's questions and/or keep my mouth shut about my new findings.

I want to pass on what I know--at least to my friends and loved ones. However I am hit by nothing but comebacks and "holier-thank-thou" remarks. I think this is really just a venting post, as I know this change of "keeping quiet" has to come from within rather than having people tell me what I already know to be self-evident. So even though I love talking both about nutrition and exercise, I think for now, I'm just going to have to stick to other topics. Maybe I'll talk about the fact that the Bears finally got rid of Tank Johnson (yes, I'm a Bears fanatic). Ugh! But hey, thanks to all of you for your great posts and responses. I have been having so much fun reading all of them.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
~Crysten
The height of perception comes from the lightness of being. ~Stuart Wilde
Frost

Post by Frost »

yes, most people seem to resent me when they ask why i cant eat or drink something they offered me. i was talking to my boss (another health food strict person) about this, and she said that people are just jealous or dont like the fact that others are able to control themselves. because they cant, they feel weaker and thus threated, and rationally, will respond with hostility in some form.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, people tend to think its kind of cult-like; that you are irrationally believing in something radical. Just a glimpse of the idea that you might be right is already very irritating for them, because if you would be right, then their believes about health are about to get shattered.
We tend to want to keep believing what we believe.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think a good way to talk about it is matter-of-factly, without giving any reason for people to believe you're trying to "win them over" or proving their way is totally wrong. Normally I don't volunteer anything about the/my diet unless specifically asked, even though I'd like every person on the planet to know.

Especially in the beginning it's going to be tough when going out and such. Addictions are often associated with social environments, which doesn't make it any easier. Plus, not being 100% makes it also more difficult (the closer to 100% the worse it is), because you'll keep thinking about the addictive foods.

Good luck, and keep us posted! :)
Crysten

Post by Crysten »

Exactly Oscar, all I could think about yesterday was Mint Oreos!

Thanks for the responses guys. It's actually getting easier. I love eating like this, I feel refreshed all day long!
The height of perception comes from the lightness of being. ~Stuart Wilde
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Crysten wrote:Exactly Oscar, all I could think about yesterday was Mint Oreos!
I think everyone has something like that...for me it was crunchy foods (was addicted to potato chips with lots of additives).
Frost

Post by Frost »

peanut butter...
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Butter with a little bit of toast.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Frost

Post by Frost »

lol, i like missing food that i used to love though.