Culinary school

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Culinary school

Post by avo »

I am considering it. Planning it, actually.

What are your ideas and feeling on this? Pros, cons, anything you feel like saying, or any questions you might have, experiences, etc.

Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You mean you consider going to it? Or open one? Or?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I actually enough cooking. Making everything look pretty and knowing that the people who are eating the food (my friends and family) are enjoying the meal. It gives me pleasure that i bring pleasure to them.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avo

Post by avo »

I'm planning on going to the Culinary Institute of America, located in upstate New York (20 minutes from where I grew up, actually). At least 2 years, then hopefully (more than likely) get into a really good restaurant position. After that is anyone's guess, but it wouldn't be bad to eventually work with some top chefs or even open my own place(s).

dionysus - I feel the same way, plus the fact that I love learning about food/cooking and actually applying that knowledge. Every aspect of being in a kitchen and restaurant environment is appealing to me.

I'll be getting my feet wet soon, I'm going to start working in a Italian restaurant soon, a deli as well, and also apprentice under a butcher/caterer. We'll see how I like it after a few months. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It wouldn't be my thing, but if you like it, why not? I still like watching chefs prepare dishes, it's like art sometimes.