My dog on Wai Diet....

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My dog on Wai Diet....

Post by MJ »

My dog has always been on a raw food diet. However, I adjusted her diet a bit since I am doing the Wai Diet. I used to feed her vegetables, but I stopped doing that. Since I juice my fruit, I give her the juiced pulp (with olive oil). She also eats raw egg yoke. When we cut the skin off the raw fish that we eat, we feed her that fish skin. The only thing she eats that I do not is raw chicken (with the bones) and raw beef and pork bones. She's eaten raw meat and bones since she was very young, so that's nothing new for her. I mix things up so that some days she is eating fruit, egg yoke, and olive oil and other days she is eating chicken and bones. I don't feed her large amounts of meat everyday anymore because I noticed that most predators (like wolves, lions, tigers, wild dogs, etc..) don't hunt and kill another animals to eat every day.

Anyway, after making some adjustments in her raw food diet, I noticed a tremendous decrease in her body odor. In addition, when I bathed her in the past, I would use shampoo to clean and cover up the unpleasant dog odor. I noticed that she would get dandruff after bathing when I did that. Now I just rinse her with water and she has no unpleasant odor. In addition, she no longer has and dandruff after bathing.
Christina

Post by Christina »

MJ, that sounds awsome.
If you feed her yolks, fruit and oliveoil for one day. How does she react when she receives chicken or meat after the little break. Does she go more crazy over it than the other foods?
MJ

Post by MJ »

My dog has always had a very high food drive. She's eager to eat everything.

Plus, my dog is extremely well trained. She never shows any food possessiveness. My 3 year old could walk up and take her meat and she wouldn't do anything to him. Of course any dog will prefer the taste of meat over fruits, however, any sort of negative food aggression is more of a dominance issue.

When I give her the yolks, fruit, and olive oil, I will give her a beef or pork bone. On the days she eats the raw chicken, I don't give her additional bone. I usually alternate between meat and non-meat days. At most, I will have her go 2 days without the chicken meat, but she seems satsified with the bone on those days.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting to read. :)
MJ

Post by MJ »

Yeah, I'm truly amazed that it is possible for a dog not to have an unpleasant smell that we typically associate with dogs. After washing her with just water, a friend of mine smelled her and thought I had used some sort of soap because she had no negative odor. It was just a kind of neutral dog smell, just like how I have a neutral human smell after being on the Wai Diet.

A dog's sense of smell is hundreds or even thousands of times more sensative than a humans, so I am glad that I am not longer using some sort of shampoo that has a cosmetic fragrance on her.
Christina

Post by Christina »

How many meals do you feed her? And how much in one meal?
MJ

Post by MJ »

I only feed her once a day. An adult dog only needs once a day. I feed her late in the evening right before she is to go to bed. I don't have an absolute set amount. I based it on how she looks and how much I have exercised her.
Christina

Post by Christina »

This is off topic. How often do you eat? How large are your meals? What works best for you?
I was just sitting here pondering this question so I'll just start by asking you. I'm not planning on eating like your dog.
MJ

Post by MJ »

I eat about every 3 hours. But in general, I just eat when I'm hungry. I don't have a set schedule. Sometimes it's small- like some juice with olive oil and yoke and a banana. Sometimes it is larger, like juice with olive oil, the salad, and some raw fish or beef. I just go by how I feel. If I'm feel more hungry, I will eat more. If I'm less hungry, I eat less. There's no absolute set pattern.
Christina

Post by Christina »

thank you :)
MJ

Post by MJ »

By the way, here's something else that is kind of funny in regards to odor. I have a nanny and she will change the diapers of my 2 year old son. When my son eats something that is not part of the pure Wai Diet, she can tell because his poop is horrible smelling- to the point she feels like she is going to throw up. However, when my son eats 100% pure Wai Diet (no munchie food), his poop is signficantly less nasty smelling.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I can relate. My poo usually hardly smells. But the other day I went to a christmas party and ate a bit of the food. The next two days it smelled more.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Same here.
Biev

Post by Biev »

My cats enjoy the wai diet as well ;o)

I usually try to feed all my pets whatever is in my fridge that's closest to what they'd eat in the wild. That's easy for the turtle, but since I have five cats it's a bit tricky (and would get really expensive if this was all they ate). They always have cat food available, but I don't want this to be all they eat. They love this diet because they get to lick olive oil off my plate everyday, and I've always given them bits of raw fish (mostly fish I've caught), and raw meat on the rare occasion that I have some. Since I've started this diet I've been giving them the sacks that I discard from my egg yolks, and whole eggs if I happened to break the yolk early - they go nuts for those! I wonder why I never thought of feeding them raw egg before. Cats eat chicken eggs (and sometimes whole chickens) around here anyway : )

Three of them are still kittens, so I always let them sample new things (or sniff and paw at them then decide this is revolting). This way, they don't bug me at all when I'm eating fruits and nuts, and they know to wait patiently for me to finish my salad or fix up my eggs : ) Then if something they like isn't particularly cat-healthy (yogurt, olives... asparagus o.O), it becomes a very occasional treat (Christmas is coming : P)

I can't say anything about them not smelling, though. They play in the trash can (-_-);
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think RRM, who is feeding all the cats in his neighborhood, uses cheap raw chicken as a staple, to keep the costs in check. ;)

The BARF diet has been developed for cats and dogs (a carnivorous Wai diet, one could say). http://www.barfworld.com/