Merry Christmas! and juicing

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Biev
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Merry Christmas! and juicing

Post by Biev »

I hope you're all out having a great time, unwrapping presents, hugging family, and not getting nagged at too much for not eating the roast : P

I got a juice machine for Christmas, I was excited! Until I realized that it doesn't press fruit, it spins really fast. Gah. What's the point (-_-);

Oh well.. it's the thought that counts, and all that...
Christina

Post by Christina »

What do you mean, it doesn't press fruit. It's a juicer, right? :roll:
But no juicer presses orange juice. You need a citrus juicer for that, either electric or manual, depending on how fast you want it.
Our families are used to us being the raw foodies. They buy fruit, avos and fish for us every time. And my mom is a raw foodie herself, so it's really nice when we're with her. She eats it all, the eggs, the fish, even raw beef, she's just so cool and that at 70! I'm exited because I've been raw for 7 years this January. Aren't 7 years the supposed time to turn around all your cells.
Merry Christmas!
Christina
Biev

Post by Biev »

Well, you can have the thing that spins under an orange half, or you can have a regular press for all kinds of fruit, and then just peel the orange and press down on one part at a time, that's what I used to do (back when I had access to my mom's). I don't see how the spinning thing would be any different from a blender as far as generating heat goes, but if you say it's alright v(' ')v
Christina

Post by Christina »

I have a green life juicer. It's a twin gear mechanism and it's slow, so as not to create much heat. I've heard that centrifugal juicers are not as good. But I'm not sure about all the differences. The twin gear ones like the green life are pricey though. Thanks for good old orange juice made by hand :D for those who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a juicer and have to clean it all the time- so much work.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Hehe, actually I've given it a try and it's not as fast as it claims. So I guess it will be okay : )
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Strictly speaking, regarding acne, all juicers that make pulp of the fruit are not okay.
But of course, it matters very much how susceptible your skin (some acne sufferers can even eat a little cooked food without getting acne)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Ah. It does make pulp. But I'm not seeing a reaction, either way. I guess I'm lucky.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

With me it took a few weeks of juicing before the acne really started to kick back in, so please take note of that.