measuring blood sugar to gage right intake

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

measuring blood sugar to gage right intake

Post by Christina »

I just bought a tiny blood sugar measuring device. Since I don't want to wait until I interpret my bodies messages right, I bought this to keep track of my blood sugar throughout the day for a week or so and figure out how often and how much to eat in order to maintain the right blood sugar level. The question here is, which number is optimal?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think there is a range between which the blood sugar can fluctuate. Too high and the excess energy will need to be converted into glycogen or body fat. Too low and your body will secrete adrenalin (epinephrine).

I'm not sure about these numbers, but I seem to remember the range being about 4 - 8 mmol/L (70 - 150 mg/dL).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

How often will you measure and when?
Christina

Post by Christina »

I learned sth that might nix my great idea. The test strips cost $1 per strip and you need one for each test. To get a good idea of what's going on I would need to use 10 strips or more per day. Too expensive. Imagining that they are reusable, I bought the $40 mini measuring devise and counted on another 10-20 for the strips. Well, thought wrong. :( My mistake for not researching it before hand.
So, if anyone wants to do this, plan for $70 per week plus the device. It's not worth it for me. I'm not a diabetic.
I cannot believe the money that is made at the cost of ill people. It makes it so worth it, to put all you energy into staying well. What is junk food/cooked food anyway if the risk is being at the mercy of the pharma industry!!?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, they're very good in making money...that's why they are the second largest industry in the world...after the weapon industry. :(