Uh, guys?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Uh, guys?

Post by fictor »

Why do you guys talk about Wai as 'her'?
I mean 'she' is a dude...

http://www.thijsklompmaker.com/interview.htm

I am very confused. RRM, enlighten me! ;)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Wai used to be two people (a couple), also posting under the nickname Wai. At some point the nick Wai was only used by the female side. Confusingly enough RRM also used to be several people, 'Wai' included... ;)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Wai? Oh, sorry, I mean 'why'?? Why the mysterious
name-changing thing?

I am getting very confused here. Who invented the diet?
The man whose picture I linked to, or his girlfriend/wife?

Is RRM any of these two people?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

They both did. They figured it wasn't about them but about the diet, so Wai is a sort of figurehead/symbol, rather than a person. Everybody should figure out for themselves what they believe is true, or what works for them. Having an (non-)authoritative person saying it shouldn't make any difference.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Haha; I had actually assumed Wai was transgendered, but never really put much thought into it.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:Everybody should figure out for themselves what they believe is true, or what works for them. Having an (non-)authoritative person saying it shouldn't make any difference.
I fully agree with you Oscar. I don't understand why people make this an issue at all (I'm not saying Fictor is dong this). I have seen another site a former member of this site started where people make a big deal about this.
fictor

Post by fictor »

johndela1 wrote:
Oscar wrote:Everybody should figure out for themselves what they believe is true, or what works for them. Having an (non-)authoritative person saying it shouldn't make any difference.
I fully agree with you Oscar. I don't understand why people make this an issue at all (I'm not saying Fictor is dong this). I have seen another site a former member of this site started where people make a big deal about this.
We have discussed this in another thread before, but I will write again what I think about this subject.

For me it is natural to want someone to "look up to", like someone who invented a great diet. It is nice to have an idea of who you are talking to on the web, and who to thank for helping you with your own (skin) problems. The feeling of being "in this" together, all of us, is also a very nice feeling to me.

I think it is only natural that we want to know who "Wai" is. It is only a positive thing, really, at least in my own case. I do not want to stalk RRM or something like that, I just want to get to know these fascinating people :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

for what it's worth, I agree with both of you :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Have you ever considered a career in diplomacy, Iris? ;)

Or was it more in the "O Brother Where Art Thou" category? ;)
Iris

Post by Iris »

haha, how did you know :lol: :wink: With the studie I did, that was an option indeed :)
But I do mean it, It shouldn't matter, and I understand Wai rather stays anonymous. I would probably feel the same if I were her, and the diet isn't about her. But I also understand people want to know who she is, just like fictor said. But in the end, it is Wai's own choise, ofcourse :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Haha! :D

I myself don't care either way (diplomacy, hmmm? ;)), and it used to be more confusing than it is now, since the female part of Wai is out of the (diet) picture.

It was:
Wai = 2 people, one of which was the RRM of today
RRM = 3 people, one of which was the female part of Wai

It is:
Wai = symbol (/once in a blue moon still used by the female part)
RRM = used to be the male half of Wai
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Oscar, were you one of the RRMs?
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nope, I wasn't in the picture back then ;)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So nobody knows who Wai (the female side) is? Does anyone know what happened to her?

What if she was kidnapped by McDonald's?!

Seriously though, being mysterious like that makes me want to know about her even more.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So nobody knows who Wai (the female side) is? Does anyone know what happened to her?
Some know, but we cant tell you.
A promise is a promise.