Why am I eating such massive amounts?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
calusa
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Why am I eating such massive amounts?

Post by calusa »

I've been eating large amounts of fruits for some time, and just recently learned about combining sugars and fats together to prolong energy and all the rest of it. But the problem is it works so well! I have massive amounts of energy and I'm just bouncing off the walls. I can hardly type this, as my fine muscle movement is poor. So basically I'm consuming not much more fruit that I usually do (although I'm eating more honey), but with the added fat from avocados, tahini, oils and nuts, I feel like a machine. I'm eating because I'm addicted to it, not because I'm at all lacking in energy. Mabye I'm used to being traquilized by food, that now I don't know what to do, I have very little bad effects, apart from having to do physical activity, and I just keep on eating this diet! I meditate for about 15 minutes, and then I get up and feel like a train. The big problems here are a greater potential to form ego, and to feel like I'm better than others, and a lower ability to feel compassion. As well I'm sweating when it's the middle of winter! It feels like a 30C day.

Mabye someone can give me a suggestion on how to slow down? I don't like eating munch food because of the dry, fibrous and constipating nature of most of these foods.

It's truly a situation where a lack of suffering is causing me to abandon my search for happiness. I'm not joking!!!
calusa

Post by calusa »

One thing I should add is I just can't bring myself to eat eggs, let alone a fish. Is my overeating caused by a lack of cholesterol? I've been vegetarian (eating the occasional heated product containing small amounts of egg, and a fair bit of dairy) for about 1 year. I've been on this diet for about a week, before that I had more dairy and less oil/fats.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Why am I eating such massive amounts?

Post by RRM »

calusa wrote:I've been eating large amounts of fruits for some time, and just recently learned about combining sugars and fats together to prolong energy and all the rest of it. But the problem is it works so well! I have massive amounts of energy and I'm just bouncing off the walls.
the problem is:
that could be good, and it could be bad, depending on whether its enough, or too much.
with this diet you do feel very energetic. All those years since 1995 i feel extremely energetic and work like an idiot at work. Before that i felt often lazy and lethargic.
However, if you take in too much energy, its bad for your energy system.
the good thing is that you will find out soon enough; if you gain weight, you are taking in too much energy.
Are you experiencing ups and downs? Or do you feel energetic all the time?
The big problems here are a greater potential to form ego, and to feel like I'm better than others, and a lower ability to feel compassion. As well I'm sweating when it's the middle of winter! It feels like a 30C day.
he he, i know what you mean. Even in the late autumn and early spring (in the middle of the winter our 300 chairs terras is not there) im working outside the restaurant where i work in just my t-shirt, as my body easily converts enough energy into heat.
Mabye someone can give me a suggestion on how to slow down?
Try to find your balance. If you are not gaining weight, its your natural energy. Enjoy it!!! 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

calusa wrote:One thing I should add is I just can't bring myself to eat eggs, let alone a fish. Is my overeating caused by a lack of cholesterol?
That might be the case indeed...
you dont need to eat 'a fish'. Did you ever try to eat just a piece of fish?raw fish sushi / sashimi?
What is the problem?
You cannot stand the idea of eating an animal?
Smell?
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

Hey Calusa! Youre so right about the wellbeeing and extatic feelings from this diet hehe, its so damn wonderful :D

When I started I used to be really disgusted by all types of fish so my natural assumption was that RAW fish would be even worse to eat, tasting slimey and fishy. But oh was I wrong, once I tasted it it became one of my favourite foods (no kidding). Really, ýou gotta try it! Even if you dont like cooked fish, the raw one is not even close in taste, texture or smell. Very mild and fresh tasting, lovely :)

If I dont eat enough animal protein my body as well as yours gets severe cravings to overeat on fruits or anything available so im sure youll come a long way in fighting your overeating issues if you get more protein.
calusa

Post by calusa »

Thanks everyone for your replies. About the animal foods, yeah it's just that I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing by harming a living thing. I used to eat raw eggs and to me raw fish is exactly the same as cooked fish, they both come from an animal that can feel pain. Eggs are a bit different, but they're still a flesh food. I might try the egg yolks once a week or so and see if I eat less of everything else. If you look at it from a karmic perspective, by eating a few kilograms of fruit, I am still contracting more karmic debt maybe than if I ate some animal food. I'll let you guys know how it goes :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I'm just curious. Do you think it is wrong that many animals eat other animals?
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

hi calusa, i was wondering how the energy management is going? any new insights / strategies?
calusa

Post by calusa »

hey guys,

johndela1 - no i don't think it's wrong that so many animals eat other animals, in fact i don't really have an opinion about it at all. for me though, deep inside, knowing that i have a choice, i prefer to eat the lowest forms of life, which used to include various insects like aphids which were still on my food when i ate it, but now it's just plant life. also, i try to minimize the amount i eat, and to minimize foods which cause me to become irritated - like onion, or uncaring and full of myself - like too much cacao or yerba mate. my diet is becoming a means to feel more peaceful, and make it easier for spiritual pursuits.

claireelis - well first of all i've realized that i only need large amounts of energy at certain times. consuming too much energy causes it to be used in a wasteful way, such as in thoughts, movement or heat. when i minimize my desires and impulses, and disentangle myself from attachments and behaviours, then i become very still physically and mentally, therefore reducing any desires for much food at all, and many worldly things.
in regards to diet- i don't follow any strict regime, except to eat mostly raw food. so i have small amounts of everything including juiced greens and grasses, raw greens like rocket and parsley, superfoods like goji berries and maca root, ginger, strawberries, wild or organic herbs like hawthorn berries and chamomile, lemons, etc. if i feel like some cooked food i stand at the fridge or cupboard for a minute or so, and often the desire goes away. it has taken some time to move away from it, but by not eating any cooked starches and dried fruit, as well as not eating too much fruit, i've been able to minimize those feelings of sudden urgency to have some cooked starch or sugar i used to get. i am much more peaceful not eating too much sugar, and i feel much better physically too. sometimes i do eat sugary fruit if i do some intense exercise, but that's not very often, and i usually have the stamina to get through some hard work if need be. soaked nuts are great too.

hope this helps