Do you believe in metabolic typing?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Ducky
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Do you believe in metabolic typing?

Post by Ducky »

Protein type, carb type, fat type, mixed type people?

Im asking it because i hear you all talking about how great it is to drink your OJ with OO and i dont feel like it at all.
I can drink it without any problem only with sugar. I think im a carb type if metabolic typing really exists.
I never was too fond of greasy foods though sometimes it gives me pleasure ( i guess thats when my body needs it ) but not all the time.

Have you ever thought about it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm, so far it looks as if we're all within a certain range of the same needs, the only difference seems to be preference. I also drink my OJ with added sugar, but it could be that the juice of naturally ripened oranges is sweeter to begin with. It's an interesting idea though.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I definitly think different people have (slightly) different needs. I think that it is because some foods aren't that good for someone (while they're healthy for others) that one doesn't like them. For instance, I don't like bananas and kiwi's. I always have the feeling there is something in it that I can't digest properly or something like that. They always give me a strange feeling after I ate them. Don't know about the classifications you make though. But it's an interesting thought indeed.
I think that if you realy don't like something, you just shouldn't eat/drink it. With orange juice, I didn't feel like drinking it either. But it wasn't like I didn't want to or something. Just didn't crave it. But once I started, I noticed it made me feel realy good (and there is definitly a difference in your belly-size :D) So I think you should just try to figure out what works best for you. And indeed it might very well be something totally different from other people's prefferences.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Do you believe in metabolic typing?

Post by RRM »

Ducky wrote:Do you believe in metabolic typing? ... Protein type, carb type, fat type, mixed type people?
I think thats an over-oversimplification thats doesnt make sense.
However, like Iris already said, i do think that everybody is different and everybody has different needs. Not 'metabolic typing in categories', but 'individual typing' (every person is a type). So, yes, regarding all nutrients we have different needs, and we also have different 'issues' with food-ingredients.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's not that easy, if not impossible at the moment, to distinguish people in a natural state of health and diet, so that makes it kind of a moot point anyway. ;)
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think it's just another attempt to place people in certain categories, like people always tend to do.