Raw feet too!

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Roocious
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Raw feet too!

Post by Roocious »

This may be a bit off topic - yet suitable since we are all interested in well-being.

I probably don't need to explain to anyone here that we should walk barefoot - so I'll go straight to the link

barefoot shoes at - vibramfivefingers.com :)

I wish they had these when I ran track in high school - after a few tries my coaches stopped letting me run barefoot on our rocky dirt track.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I prefer http://www.terraplana.com/vivobarefoot, I've worn them for about five years and own no other shoes.
fictor

Post by fictor »

The "barefoot" shoes would be great in nature, but in the city I need shoes with more padding in the soles, if not I get very "tired" and aching feet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

They seem interesting, also for 'natural' running.
summerwave

vivo barefoot

Post by summerwave »

I have worn Vivo Barefoot shoes in cities all over the world for the last five years.

Bare feet don't need "padding." That being said, the shoes are so enjoyable that when I walked in cities, I was conscious of wanting to walk on grass near curbs, or on natural dirt/grass in unpaved areas, as much as possible, as it feels so good with almost-bare feet. But it wasn't because my feet hurt or needed that softness.

This is probably the biggest misconception I have found about barefoot shoes (that they are not good in paved environments). To me it's been completely untrue.

Not all the Terra Plana models are Vivo Barefoots. All of their shoes look great and are beautifully made, but the VBs are a sub-group within their product line.

Great shoes! They are the only type of shoe I wear.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

the vivo barefoots don't seem entirely barefoot to me - they still have insoles with arch support - and constrain your toes which no matter what will ultimately change the roll of your stride

for years I ran with Nike's "free," but it was still constraining because it was an enclosed shoe.

These seem to be the closest things to actually going barefoot
summerwave

VBs

Post by summerwave »

I have 4 pairs without arch support but maybe they are changing(?)

The Dopies do not have anything around the toe. The others I have are broad across the front and my toes move freely within them, in the foot's nature movement while striding.

When you wear barefoot shoes, you come down on the ball of the foot, not the heel, which feels amazing (and after awhile, so natural that it is unnoticeable)--

The spine feels natural in alignment with these.

I don't wear shoes all the time-- I go barefoot a lot when it is warm-- but when I wear shoes I wear these.
summerwave

insole

Post by summerwave »

oh yes; I see; they have a removable thin insole that most people take out.

It doesn't really have much contour; it's just a thin liner. I guess some people transition out of shoes with "arch support" so the company includes this when they ship the shoes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So, which of the two?? They both look interesting to me...
summerwave

shoes

Post by summerwave »

I prefer the Vivo Barefoots because they feel good, are made of recycled materials or low-environmental-impact tanned leather, and have a great fit.

Also, I wear them in somewhat cold temperatures, and having one's toes separated into separate pockets is a bad move when it's cold out. Keeping one's toes in one space is much better in colder climes. And Terra Plana makes great knee-height leather Vivo Barefoot women's boots. They look medieval-- not "stylish" and totally flat on the bottom-- but are exceptional to wear.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I just went to try them on yesterday

If you thought your vivo barefoots mimic being barefoot - think again!

These feel more barefoot than a sock.
Kind of tricky getting them in the toes at first, but once I got them in - I didn't really want to take them off.

I'll be getting some in a couple of weeks.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

fictor wrote:The "barefoot" shoes would be great in nature, but in the city I need shoes with more padding in the soles, if not I get very "tired" and aching feet.
I think you would probably find that you are way less sore or 'tired'. You walk very differently in these shoes and use different muscles.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Roocious wrote:the vivo barefoots don't seem entirely barefoot to me - they still have insoles with arch support - and constrain your toes which no matter what will ultimately change the roll of your stride
What makes you say this? I have four pairs, they have no arch support and the toe area is wide and do not constrain my toes. They don't change my stride. I run in them the same way I run when barefoot, which is different that running in any other shoes I have tried.

They come with liners to insulate from cold, but I removed those on day one.
summerwave

Vivo

Post by summerwave »

It is also convenient, Oscar, not to have to buy 5-toed socks to wear with the shoes....(you may go barefoot in the Vibram Fivefingers but if you wear socks, you have to buy special five-toed ones)....
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

socks are for wieners!

the only way to determine what is better - is to have both!