Butter

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Butter

Post by Mr. PC »

I keep reading confusing and seemingly-contradictory information about butter. I would assume butter is not healthy as it's a dairy-product? And especially when cooked/pasteurized would contain trans-fats. For example I was just reading
Combining fruits and raw vegetables

Most vegetables cannot be consumed raw for they upset your bowels, but a few can. Some can also be combined with fruits:

- Mixed lettuce, chopped red onions, avocado, olives, cold pressed olive oil and some pressed garlic.

- Some lettuce, slices of avocado, sliced tomato, a bit of lemon juice and some chives, basil or any other fresh herbs you prefer.

- Cucumber, tomato, mixed lettuce, avocado with olive oil-dip

- Cucumber, tomato, mixed lettuce, onions fried in butter. (such a little bit of fried onion contains a negligible amount of 'dirty protein')

- Salad of chopped tomatoes, -red onions, -black olives, parsley, olive oil and garlic.

- Mix chopped shallot with pressed garlic, some hazelnut oil (as much as you like), 1 Tbs. wine vinegar, 2 Tbs. orange juice, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, ½ Tbs. powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, and a pinch of pepper. Add 200 g. / 1 cup chopped carrots and let this rest for one hour. Add chopped orange and hazelnuts.
wouldn't frying onions in butter have the negative effect of fried butter?

what about just regular cold-butter? I notice most butter contains salt but if I could find a healthy butter to help my fat intake that would be awesome.

Also off-topic about Black-Peppers; are they 'hot'?

Thanks.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, frying in general will originate harmful substances. Raw butter isn't that bad, because it's mostly fat.

You don't want/can't eat avocado and/or olive oil?

Isn't black pepper what they make regular pepper from?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Is most of the butter bought in the store raw? Or do I have to find specifically raw butter in a health-food store? I notice most of the butter I find has too much salt anyways, but now that I know it's not totally a lost cause I'll start searching for healthier butters.

I do eat avocado and olive oil, I was just searching for a third fat source because I feel I can never get enough fat. I LOVE avocados but they're expensive so I limit myself to one a day. The olive oil makes me gag and I have to force myself to eat it (when I started the diet I tried drinking straight olive-oil which made me sick, so I might have developed an intolerance).

By black-peppers I meant the regular pepper people generally eat.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Mr. PC wrote:Is most of the butter bought in the store raw? Or do I have to find specifically raw butter in a health-food store?
It probably depends on where you live. In California, you have to specifically buy raw butter at a specialty store. It is much more costly.
Mr. PC wrote: The olive oil makes me gag and I have to force myself to eat it (when I started the diet I tried drinking straight olive-oil which made me sick, so I might have developed an intolerance).
I think it may be the other way around. I mean you may have to get used to consuming large amounts of oil. If you start by consuming a small amount then work up to a larger amount you may have more luck.