"Food Inc" documentary

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
bbdave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

"Food Inc" documentary

Post by bbdave »

I wanted to start this new topic to discuss the new documentary "Food Inc."
It deals mostly with where our food comes from and how it got there. Let me know if you've seen it and what you think.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I haven't seen it yet. Isn't Michael Pollan in it?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I just saw it last night...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

and?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

It is scary how much influence large corporations have on the US agriculture system.

If a bee crosses your plants with someone using genetics that are proprietary you are in trouble...
bbdave

Post by bbdave »

Here is a site with a summary of the film.

http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/06/1 ... d-inc-pbs/

This documentary seems suitable to show to a friend who is strongly against eating raw food. It can be a first step to get them to think about what they are eating.
bbdave

Post by bbdave »

Also, from the link above, at around 12:05 minutes into the video, the director actually compares the food industry with the tobacco industry. If only he knew how much more similar these two industries are!
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I see the last post is almost a month old already, but the thread was still on the first page. I was about to post about Food Inc myself and then I saw this thread.

The documentary is quite impressive. The basics most of us will already know, but being shown the details, it creates a completely different awareness. I'm going to write a TV broadcast company in the Netherlands and ask if they are willing to air it. Most likely not, but who knows...

To anybody who hasn't seen it, I can recommend it. Here is the first 10 minutes on youtube. The more tech-savvy people here will find other ways of obtaining it :)