Why did you start the Wai diet?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.

I started the Wai diet because:

I had acne
43%
I had other skin problems
4%
I had a disease
2%
I had general health problems
7%
I had problems with another diet
2%
I wanted to (more or less) eat like the first humans ate
7%
It seemed the healthiest way to eat
29%
Of another reason, namely...
7%

Total votes: 56
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Why did you start the Wai diet?

Post by Oscar »

I myself started it because it seemed the healthiest way to live. All explanations 'sounded' very logical to me, and it was a natural step after a raw diet.

Gavi got Corinne interested, Corinne got me interested, we started on a raw diet, because the Wai diet seemed too big a step at first, then we gradually moved to the 100% Wai diet.

Let me know if more options are needed. :)
Justin

Post by Justin »

After having a really unhealthy diet all my life e.g vegetables - frozen broccoli once a week , fruit - basically never, never eaten a single nut. Lived off pasta, cereal, chicken, bread, potatoes, cheese sweets etc (nothing healthy). Just to give you an idea, i had my first avocado at the age of 19.
I've been researching nutrition for the past year or so, slowely changing my diet in accordance to what i believed was the most healthy natural diet for 'the human animal'. Finding WaiSays was the final piece in the jigsaw to complete my nutrition study and try to reguvenate myself.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cool :)
huntress

Post by huntress »

I do this for all of the reasons: acne, cellulite, weight, physical health, mental health, strenght...etc.

I am happy to have found a diet that gives positive results to EVERYTHING!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great! :)
sabie

Post by sabie »

Depression, anxiety, eating disorder, body dysmorphia, PMS (sooo bad), ADHD, over sensitivity to everything, tinnitus. Some of the physical symptoms I have been experiencing include eyesight getting foggy, so many spider veins now, a few varicose veins and water retention. In the past two years I have cracked some ribs, broken a wrist ( surgery), I took myself off one anti depression med I had been on for 6 years (slowly over the past few months) and now I hope this way of eating can enable to to stop taking the other med I am on. I'm so happy that this site exists!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Mainly to eliminate possible dietary causes for mental fog, low motivation, and ADHD.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I started the diet for all sorts of reasons: weight loss; relief of acne, depression and inability to concentrate; improvement in my poor self-image; and also because it made more sense to me and was less dogmatic than mainstream raw-foodism (with which I'd had plenty of prior experience). The principles of the diet also are aligned with my ecological views; so all in all it is perfect!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Because I completely messed up my body by eating just fruit and made it unable to tolerate anything except fruit.
You can't live on just fruit for long periods of time. Wai diet seemed to be the best alternative.

If I wanted to follow the healthiest diet I would have followed Wai anyway. But I don't think I *would* have tried to eat the healthiest diet possible - I was perfectly happy as a toxic cooked foodist. :twisted:

I stopped drinking my banana smoothies because Wai said they were bad. I knew they gave me acne but that didn't stop me drinking them (at least 4 glasses per day). But Wai's words about dirty protein put me off.

I don't think I qualify as a Waiian now though :(
The website does say somewhere you can do a vegan version of the diet but I'm not doing it right.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Somehow I missed this thread!
Well as Oscar said Gaviel got me really curious...Especially since 3 years after telling me about the diet he was still doing it and looking great...So I thought there is something to this. I started to read. I first went raw then some months later Wai.
No particular problems although now I notice how much better I feel and how many unseen benefits this diet brings!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Cairidh wrote:Because I completely messed up my body by eating just fruit and made it unable to tolerate anything except fruit.
You can't live on just fruit for long periods of time. Wai diet seemed to be the best alternative.

If I wanted to follow the healthiest diet I would have followed Wai anyway. But I don't think I *would* have tried to eat the healthiest diet possible - I was perfectly happy as a toxic cooked foodist. :twisted:
What was your motive for trying to go on a fruit only diet?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

johndela1 wrote:
Cairidh wrote:Because I completely messed up my body by eating just fruit and made it unable to tolerate anything except fruit.

What was your motive for trying to go on a fruit only diet?
I was vegan and then I found out that when grains/beans/seeds are harvested, millions of field mice, voles, rabbits, ground nesting birds, frogs, etc are massacred. I then couldn't look at a bowl of pasta or cereal without seeing fields of golden grain and red blood - which sort of ruins your appetite.

The only thing left to eat was fruit (and nuts, but they gave me headaches.)

(I had stopped eating veg when I was 5 because my Grandpa was a keen gardener, and I started helping him in the garden. I planted bulbs, and seeds and then watered them every day, and nurtured them. Then when they grew in to vegetables he wanted me to pull them up!! I couldn't do it, and from then on I couldn't eat vegetables, even though I ate meat. It's not that I thought vegetables had feelings, or could feel pain, it wasn't a logical decision I made, it just upset me to kill/eat them.)

I was perfectly healthy on a cooked vegan diet with lots of raw fruit and no veg. I was much prettier too. :cry:
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Of another reason, namely...

Beautiful young skin till the day I die!! :)
To be young and beautiful forever!!! (Ok for as long as possible then)
To get the most ideal nutrition for the amount of food I eat.
To be able to be very thin YET healthy and thriving
To get rid of cellulite
To make up for all the bad habits in the past
To build up all the cells in my body from superior material so my body will be too!!
To solve PMS and hormone related problems
To always be happy, especially thin AND happy.
To be able to bounce back after every stressful, crushing event in my life
To be able to be thin and yet EAT.
To eat delicious foods instead of going on stupid diets eating disgusting things
To have an excellent diet instead of some expensive skin cream that will actually ruin my skin in the long run.
To be committed to planting the seeds that will give me the results I want when I am older, instead of ruining my body with bad habits while I am young that will catch up on me later. To be a hot granny one day.
TO BE THRIVING AND AS HEALTHY AS I CAN BE!!

So in short:

HEALTH
BEAUTY
HAPPINESS!!

:D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I was perfectly healthy on a cooked vegan diet with lots of raw fruit and no veg. I was much prettier too. Crying or Very sad
Huh? How come, Sweetheart??
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Cellulite, acne, and overweight.

Then I realized that I ALSO wanted it for my state of mind (energy, happiness, alertness, not being plagued by cravings).

I also started getting more interested in the body, especially because you notice so many changes on this diet. So I am doing it for health (and, yes, immortality.) :)

But I admit...the vanity part is a huge motivating factor. Nothing wrong with that!