Friend wants help improving her diet.

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Friend wants help improving her diet.

Post by Mr. PC »

So my sister-in-law has told me she wants me to tell her what to eat (after I beat her in an arm wrestle). She doesn't really know how extreme the wai-diet is; she doesn't see me a lot.

Is there an easier to follow diet I could give her? I know for a fact she will not sip on juice with olive-oil all day, and I don't want to deter her with things she doesn't like. She doesn't have acne but I think she wants weight-loss and maybe to be stronger while looking thin. Also she might be pregnant. I told her about egg-yolks but she scoffed at that. I remember a while back mentioning that you shouldn't drink beer even while breast-feeding, and I think I upset her by coming-off as a little controlling. (I can understand that feeling you have to limit your diet/life because of another person and not for yourself would be upsetting).
RRM
Administrator

Re: Friend wants help improving her diet.

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So my sister-in-law has told me she wants me to tell her what to eat
Thats too easy.
If you want something, you need to be willing to do something to get it,
and to learn about it.
Otherwise is so easy to blame and push away.
Dont waste your energy.
I told her about egg-yolks but she scoffed at that.
Dont waste your energy Mr PC.
Use your energy to achieve something positive.
We easily waste our energy. Wisdom is saving your energy for the real opportunities that will be presented to you.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks; I guess it just felt good to finally have some positive feedback from someone IRL, especially since she had been telling me I was nuts earlier. Also I was thinking about my future nieces and nephews. Sometimes I wonder if I should just leave everyone in my life behind and seek out a more like-minded community. As long as these people are in my life I'm gonna feel the want to help them, but it's pretty hopeless.

On the other hand I often have little sympathy for adult humans who seem to be making all their own problems, and are generally assholes to one minority or another. It's hard to know what to focus your energy on.
Iris

Post by Iris »

On yourself :wink:
Ofcourse it is worth the energy to help people, if they want to be helped. If not, so be it. Have respect for each other (I'm not directly aiming at you here, just a thought in general). It's only food :wink: