For people who have issues with willpower

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

For people who have issues with willpower

Post by Mr. PC »

http://www.sharpbrains.com/blog/2009/07 ... lasticity/

Apparently willpower is like a muscle, and we have a limited 'reserve' of it. So for example it's harder to resist junk food while forcing yourself to do laundry. It also mentions that using willpower drains your blood sugar; which I think we all know the answer to :D

But also you can 'work out' your willpower by using it all the time. So I bet wai dieters have a stronger will power than most people.

It mentions meditation, which I'd really like to get into. I tried a couple of methods, but guess what I didn't have enough of :wink:

I don't really know what they mean by 'mindfulness meditation' though. On a side note anyone know any practical/useful methods of meditation? I remember I used to do the Buddhist meditation of disgust for food. Basically meditating on the idea that food is disgusting. Apparently some of these Buddhist meditations are dangerous btw, but to be honest that only makes them more appealing to me.

Anyways, what do you guys thing about this concept on willpower?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i noticed that as long as i keep my blood sugar level up,
my willpower seems endless.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I've also been reading a lot of research concerning fluoride, which is said to damage the part of the frontal cortex specifically controlling willpower. I can go back and find sources if anyone is interested.
gianni

Post by gianni »

One thing that makes me have very little will power is eating grains. When I eat grains I not only have a hard time resisting detrimental food, but I also have a hard time doing things that I should and actually want to do.

Betsy
Iris

Post by Iris »

gianni wrote:One thing that makes me have very little will power is eating grains. When I eat grains I not only have a hard time resisting detrimental food, but I also have a hard time doing things that I should and actually want to do.

Betsy
Same here...