About protein and Neanderthals...

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
gracie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by gracie »

I just read yesterday that Albert Hofmann, the inventor of LSD, lived to 102 and died peacefully in his sleep; when asked how he kept so healthy, he said his secret was that he ate 2 raw egg yolk every single day.
How very Wai of him. :)
102? We can do better.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :D
gracie

Post by gracie »

:) We just need to focus. 103...103...
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Oscar wrote:
Kookaburra wrote:Speaking of aging, do you think being on the Wai Diet will make us live longer? Maybe one of us can break the World Record of 122 years old? What do you guys think?
I too believe that. Seeing how the diet slows down aging enormously, that wouldn't be a surprise. Of course we have to keep in mind the age at which you start, how healthy your body was when you started, how strict you are, possible genetic weaknesses, etc. 122 might not be that old for us.
I am curious to find out how a new born baby will turn out on a strict Wai Diet from day 1. Anyone here recently had a son or daughter?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Snowbunny did,
but not strict, and not from day 1.
viewtopic.php?t=2107

Actually, i doubt that we will find a great difference,
since children can do well on any diet, as they have an enormous ability to recover from anything.
With aging the effects will get clearer, i think.
Iris

Post by Iris »

But I do believe such a child will have far less trouble with being strict, since he/she isn't addicted.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Actually, i doubt that we will find a great difference,
since children can do well on any diet, as they have an enormous ability to recover from anything.
Is it correct to say that babies on a strict Wai diet won't have ADHD?

From the article about ADHD on Waisays:
Young children continuously fight against both the stimulating and oppressing food-substances, which may cause hyperactivity. These children can't keep focused due to receiving conflicting messages all the time, what we call ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
What about whether a baby is fed breast milk versus formula milk? Don't you think there will be a great difference? Breast milk is like the foundation of an infant's life. It's like learning a new language. You got to know the basics before you can speak fluently.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote: Is it correct to say that babies on a strict Wai diet won't have ADHD?
Its hard to speculate, as there may be several correlations.
(environmental toxins)
What about whether a baby is fed breast milk versus formula milk? Don't you think there will be a great difference?
I think there will be a great difference regarding specific issues (such as focus),
but previously i was thinking about physical health in general,
which is normally defined by the absence of illness,
and that is likely to occur on any diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:...but previously i was thinking about physical health in general, which is normally defined by the absence of illness,
and that is likely to occur on any diet.
Personally I think diet does make a difference in them getting sick or not, and also to what extent. Or isn't that what you meant?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What i meant to say is that you will get healthy babies on any diet.
At such a young age the capacity to recover from the impact of toxins is so great,
that they can deal with virtually anything.
I think in babies its more that the lack of exposure to bacteria may cause rashes, allergies, asthma etc.
Regarding adults its a whole different story, as the daily exposure to toxins eventually will take its toll.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:What i meant to say is that you will get healthy babies on any diet.
At such a young age the capacity to recover from the impact of toxins is so great,
that they can deal with virtually anything.
"Healthy" might be more relative than we think, though. As Pottenger's experiments have shown, health can decline over generations, at least in cats. Anyway, this is purely speculation.

I agree on the recovering capacity, but I do think there is a difference (like with us adults) in how quickly and to what extent they get sick. Don't you think so?
RRM wrote:I think in babies its more that the lack of exposure to bacteria may cause rashes, allergies, asthma etc.
This might also have to do with it, same as mother's milk/formula milk influence.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote: "Healthy" might be more relative than we think, though.
Sure.
I agree on the recovering capacity, but I do think there is a difference (like with us adults) in how quickly and to what extent they get sick. Don't you think so?
Sure, but to the average MD, most of them would appear to be 'healthy',
in as much as most adults seem healthy until they get seriously ill.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Sure, but to the average MD, most of them would appear to be 'healthy',
What does MD stand for?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Medical Doctor.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:Sure, but to the average MD, most of them would appear to be 'healthy', in as much as most adults seem healthy until they get seriously ill.
Ah yes, of course.