Prevention of diseases

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Prevention of diseases

Post by chris m failla »

Hello, I am a RN and have seen lots of patients with hemmorhagic strokes. This is when the brain bleeds suddenly and causes serious damage to the person. I have read that this is caused by low fat vegetarian diets, and in fact, most of the people I have interviewed or their families regarding the patients diet, usually they were vegatarian. I have also seen vegatarians with high blood pressure and cardiac problems. Recently, I met a few seven day adventist that have never drank or smoked, or even drink coffee. However, they are suffering serious blood pressure problems and cardiac surgery. Can this diet prevent strokes of both kinds; ischemic and hemmorhagic?
The website www.biblelife.org mention this subject and feel that high fat and high protein protects against hemmorhagic strokes because the diet strengthens the blood vessels of the body. What do you guys think?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Prevention of diseases

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:...patients with hemmorhagic strokes. ...
I have read that this is caused by low fat vegetarian diets...
regarding the patients diet, usually they were vegatarian.
There are lots of different hypotheses regarding this.
One is about low zinc and iron levels due to a lack of animal food.
Can this diet prevent strokes of both kinds; ischemic and hemmorhagic?
That depends on what the real cause is.
There must be statistics about correlations to diet.
biblelife.org mention this subject and feel that high fat and high protein protects against hemmorhagic strokes because the diet strengthens the blood vessels of the body.
How does that work in their opinion?
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

That diets low in cholesterol and fat, as well as protein, and especially saturated fat which is the only thing that protects against hemmorhagic strokes. That saturated fat helps in repairing and building healthy strong blood vessels. The website also names a few prominent vegetarians that have actually suffered this stroke. One is the minister and inventor of the halleluha acres diet of fruits, carrot juice, and this barley mix drink. Obviously that is a vegan low fat diet. I believe the Waidiet can help because we eat plenty of raw yolks and fish and brazil nuts. The biblelife camp eat red meat in the morning, red meat at lunch, and red meat for dinner. All cooked, and claim frutose in fruits causes diabetes. However, I see proof of what the biblelife author prints, but waisays is level above. They never mention about protein causing a insulin secretion as well, and even more in some circumstances, and they never mention HCA's and other chemical substances originating from cooked meat. But they say that eating carbs or high carb diet will cause diabetes and high blood pressure and I see living proof everday that this is correct. Even my co workers that are mostly Filipino, are suffering these maladies because of a diet of moslty rice and noodles.
gianni

Post by gianni »

I can't really answer any of the questions you asked, but they are really good questions, and this morning I started googling in some areas that may be related and, at least for me, help me understand more about diet.

Some of the questions:

Does this diet protect against stroke?

Does a vegan diet cause stroke, and if so, why?

Does animal fat protect the arteries from stroke?

Does fructose cause diabetes?

Why does a diet high in cooked grains, i.e. starch, cause stroke?

One of my own questions: How can anyone eat cooked red meat three times a day and not suffer some sort of nitrogen overload issue?!!!?

Here are some things that I started googling:

stroke + uric acid; lots of sites including stoke = elevated uric acid; serum uric acid strong predictor of stroke; diabetic prevalance and stroke; rheumatoid arthritis = high uric acid and increased risk for heart attack and stroke

Also found that the increased blood pressure that causes a stroke can be from kidney issues(which of course can be caused by uric acid blocking the kidneys).

One thing that I found with respect to uric acid is that the source of it is not necessarily high nitrogen foods. Another possible source can be leucocytosis. Have you ever heard of the man who did research on the effects of cooked food on the blood and found that cooked food causes leucocytosis? So today with googling stroke + uric acid I found that dead leucocytes can be a source of high uric acid levels. So anything that causes a lot of dead white blood cells can raise uric acid levels. To see the extent of issues which include raised uric acid levels, just start googling whatever health issue you can think of, including diabetes, stroke, glaucoma, etc....

I hope this isn't off on too much of a tangent. If so, you can just move it.

Betsy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:they say that eating carbs or high carb diet will cause diabetes and high blood pressure and I see living proof everday that this is correct. Even my co workers that are mostly Filipino, are suffering these maladies because of a diet of moslty rice and noodles.
If the insulin system gets strained too on a very regular basis, for many years,
then there is the risk of diabetes.
The insulin system gets strained too much if you very regularly ingest more energy than you need at that moment,
which basically happens with every big meal, particularly when high in starch and/or protein.

There is high carb (single sugars) and high carb (starch),
which are not the same.
Consuming simple sugars (fruits), there is an immediate satiety response to the influx of glucose particularly.
Consuming starches, this satiety response is delayed, as the starch needs to be separated into glucose first.
The consequence of this is that you can easily eat a big meal of noodles and pasta, for example,
as the satiety does not kick in immediately.
Its much harder to consume such a big meal of fruits.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

gianni wrote: Does this diet protect against stroke?
A 'stroke' may be related to different diseases, so there is not just one cause.
If a low fat diet causes stroke, the wai diet is safe.
If its low cholesterol, the wai diet is safe.
Of course its of utmost importance to keep your blood system clean,
and thus to prevent the precipitation of damaged proteins, fats and oxysterols (cooked foods).
Does a vegan diet cause stroke, and if so, why?
Maybe due to a lack of omega 3 fats, cholesterol or B12.
Does animal fat protect the arteries from stroke?
A fatty lining would protect the arteries, i guess,
but i dont see how animal fat would, and not plant fats.
Unless we are talking about specific omega 3 fats (not LNA).
Does fructose cause diabetes?
Never by itself. I mean, fructose is not 'bad', it depends on the conditions in total.
If you consume lots of added fructose, yes, you may throw the glucose / fructose ratio out of wack,
so that satiety and insulin response are impaired.
Why does a diet high in cooked grains, i.e. starch, cause stroke?
Except for purines, I dont see the correlation.
Between high cooked starch diet and diabetes, yes.
How can anyone eat cooked red meat three times a day and not suffer some sort of nitrogen overload issue?!!!?
Your body may suffer, but Its hard to notice it,
because how will you notice the oxidative effect of all that ureum and ammonium?
Many diseases are the eventual result of long term suffering. (organ failure, cancer etc)
stroke + uric acid; lots of sites including stoke = elevated uric acid; serum uric acid strong predictor of stroke; diabetic prevalance and stroke
Ah, there you go.
Have you ever heard of the man who did research on the effects of cooked food on the blood and found that cooked food causes leucocytosis?
no, i havent.
So anything that causes a lot of dead white blood cells can raise uric acid levels.
Interesting.
so, basically, any pro-oxidant / toxin can.