Marijuana

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
rischott
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Marijuana

Post by rischott »

I started changing the way I ate and think about foods about a year ago. I went through phases of adding new things (soy, fiber, greens) and thankfully losing others (cooked meat, processed foods, fast foods, hot dogs). But today, I try to follow the Wai diet as best as I can, each day I become closer and closer. I am almost 100% raw, except when I am around friends/co workers. Korea is a communal society, so to be 'different' than the group is sometimes quite uncomfortable.
But one thing I had a question about is the use of Marijuana. I have not smoked it since I left the states last October, but when I return to the states I most likely will smoke on occasion (maybe once a week at times and then maybe 3 to 4 times a week on others).
So, my concern is, will smoking pot have any effect on my body telling me what i need? I can almost feel when i need sugar or fat now. But once i start consuming pot again, will that throw me off? Or will i be able to read my body better?
nick

Post by nick »

Pot is a depressant, all though the effects of it can vary depending on how much you smoke and the quality. Everytime I have smoked pot, the experience is a little different from the last time. I noticed that I sipped less from my OJ and I personally don't like the feeling of putting my body through that altered state-ness. With this diet, you'll be able to tell what you like and don't like, especially the next day.

Do you like the sensation of being high?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Marijuana

Post by RRM »

rischott wrote:
will smoking pot have any effect on my body telling me what i need?
Yes, because it has analgesic properties and its well known that it makes people crave for junk food.
I can almost feel when i need sugar or fat now. But once i start consuming pot again, will that throw me off?
Yes.
harlotsdance

cig smoke same as MARYjane smoke

Post by harlotsdance »

Would it make a difference if you vaporized it. I LOVE SMOKING.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Hi harlotsdance,
Unfortunately, I don't think pot is good for your skin (even if you vaporized it), sorry. Maybe you could cut back? I view it as a sort of "treat" on rare occasions, or if I'm very, very stressed out and yoga, meditation, etc. don't cut it.

Personally, I mildly breakout if I smoke too often, even when on the sample diet...I am not sure if it is because of the dehydratiion (my lips immediately get chapped, even if I'm drinking lots of water)--and dehydration equals water retention-- or because it is too easy to forget to eat (which equals breakdown of muscle protein, which also means water retention).