sitting vs standing

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

sitting vs standing

Post by Kookaburra »

I think I might have Varicose veins as a result of standing everyday for the past year. Is standing a form of exercise? Do you burn more calories when you are standing compared to sitting? RRM, do you have Varicose veins since your job as a waiter means you are standing most of the time too? I cannot sit for long as my butt will get achy. Does standing increase the pressure of the joints in your knees since your whole weight is supported by the knees?
panacea

Post by panacea »

standing is a thousand times better than sitting, unless you are sitting on the perfect size bouncy ball for your height. sitting constricts you, your digestive system and leg blood vessels especially. In particular the kind of chairs you see in the western world, sitting on yoga mats and stuff isn't as bad if you shift around a lot, like children do.

I'm not sure what causes varicose veins, could be a number of things, but improving circulation will help, and standing/walking help with that, so that isn't the cause, unless maybe you have some really, really tight clothes (jeans), socks, or constricting shoes. Even lightly tight underwear can impair digestion a little, try sleeping nude for awhile and soon you will wonder how you managed to sleep with clothes on! I can't stand even loose boxers anymore, I can feel it bothering me even as I go off to sleep, so it can't be good for circulation. But, blankets aren't that big of a deal if they are fluffy and you must have them, just don't wrap up in them like a tortilla.

for the butt ache you need to be more like a kid, notice how they shift in their seats all the time, tilting it forward, balancing, etc? This shifts the pressure on specific points for a more natural and balanced 'sitting excercise'. Optimal solution is to sit on a bouncy excercise ball, get a kind thats smooth on the surface not rigid, and even better is to get a thin cotton sheet (super small) and wrap it around the ball, keeps the ball clean (you can just clean the sheet), and is way more comfortable.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

but improving circulation will help, and standing/walking help with that, so that isn't the cause, unless maybe you have some really, really tight clothes (jeans), socks, or constricting shoes.
A way to treat varicose veins is to use compression stockings. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicose_v ... nservative
The wearing of graduated compression stockings with variable pressure gradients (Class I, II or III) has been shown to correct the swelling, nutritional exchange, and improve the microcirculation in legs affected by varicose veins.[9]
Don't you find it contradicting? You are saying that tight clothes restrict circulation but compression stockings(which are tight I think) help to relieve varicose veins.
But, blankets aren't that big of a deal if they are fluffy and you must have them, just don't wrap up in them like a tortilla.
If they are fluffly doesn't that mean they are more dusty? What's wrong with wrapping up in them like a tortilla?
panacea

Post by panacea »

How the Stocking Works

When thinking of varicose veins and compression stockings, it may seem that the restriction on the leg by the stocking would deliver the opposite of the desired result. The fact is that the stocking tightens the most at the ankle, and gradually delivers less tension as it stretches over the knee and towards the thigh. The result becomes the forcing of blood along its natural course despite the damage to the veins. The Stockings are not indestructible however, and even the prescription stockings will need to be replaced after a few months of regular use.
taken from a quick search, honestly I've never heard of that before because it sounds ridiculous, which it is. Obviously it works because it's a mechanical fix for a chemical problem; the equivalent of using a pacemaker instead of your own heart. Just keep your heart, and your veins, healthy, compression socks are going to cause all kinds of problems wearing them all day, which is required to cosmetically fix this problem. To really fix the problem - remove the source, you will benefit not only cosmetically but physically, emotionally, and definitely more in the long run.
Don't you find it contradicting? You are saying that tight clothes restrict circulation but compression stockings(which are tight I think) help to relieve varicose veins.
you skin needs to breath for other reasons, and I don't think you'll enjoy wearing the compression stockings all day. just because something gives a nice effect, like those enzyme creams for the face that make your face smooth and wrinkle free, eventually it has disastrous effects, because it's the band-aid approach to ailments.. always take the natural, prep the body to heal itself.. millions of cells will work for you, overtime, for free, and you dont have to buy creams or stockings, or suffer their effects - just make natural decisions.

If they are fluffly doesn't that mean they are more dusty? What's wrong with wrapping up in them like a tortilla?
my blanket isn't fluffy, but fluffy ones tend to breathe easier and is lighter. the constriction thing harms you in the long run, the compression stockings use a complex gradient style compression method to 'help' bloodflow, although it's not worth the cost.. but anyway, wrapping up in blankets is constricting to the lungs and skin, which all need to be able to expand and breathe. all of these tiny effects add up to a good cosmetic outcome, in veins and everything else, everything ties in together.. like pennies to make a dollar..

personally I feel that a good hammock, and sleeping nude with maybe a light blanket is optimal, but most people stick to tradition which is why i said fluffy (comforter) is fine.