TROM Documentary [12 hour documentary on informing yourself]

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

TROM Documentary [12 hour documentary on informing yourself]

Post by panacea »

The TROM documentary is trying to present, in a simplistic way, the world in which we, human beings, live. The world discovered so far, not some idea or personal choice. Moreover we tried to present alternative solutions to current problems and took into account the future, which promises to be more than interesting.
An informative documentary, perhaps shocking and disturbing to many, depending on how you digest the information.

The documentary is divided into chapters and sub-chapters due to documentary's excessive length (12 hours). Also all the parts are connected.
Both documentary and website are well concentrated, so it is essential to read additional information, both in descriptions and the video player.
http://tromsite.com

This is probably the single most educational documentary I've ever seen, laying the framework for a very informed person. The first video, about what science is, is the worst of all the videos, I'd recommend skipping that one and watching "The Evolution of Everything" first. The documentary is mostly narrated by a computer voice (like Stephen Hawking's), to be aligned with the fundamental message of the videos, devoid of ego and emotional bias.

If you get nothing else from this documentary, by watching all 12 hours you will be completely accustomed to listening to computer-speak :)

They even align with the reasoning of the Wai Diet in a way, showing how our ancestors were forced to switch from living like other primates and became bipedal wanderers, eating suboptimal foods to survive the new lands they reached by exploring (by the supposed drought claimed in the video).
Oscar
Administrator

Re: TROM Documentary [12 hour documentary on informing yours

Post by Oscar »

I have a lot to read, but I'll have look at it at some point. :)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I remember seeing (I'm pretty sure on this site) a diagram that shows the stages of human evolution, in which we get taller, than suddenly short and than gradually taller again; I think something to do with the Turkana boy. I can't find it using the search, does anyone know?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks Oscar; I don't know why I didn't see that.

I watched the second part of the Tron documentary with my mom; she went on about how 'they don't know that' and that it was all 'someone's imagination'. She's religious so she really didn't like watching it. I didn't know the theory presented about what had happened before the Big Bang. I also didn't know about free form RNA existing before the first single celled organism. The second half was less interesting, but still a good watch overall.

The film says the homo-erectus diet consisted of mainly of meat and than roots and plants with *some* fruit. Why do most articles about the homo-erectus say this? And how do we know that they ate mostly fruit?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Every theory about the diet of Homo Erectus is what it is: a theory. Nobody knows for sure.
In my opinion we try too much to fit the development of the human race (and evolution) in a nice line, but I think that is far too simplistic. There is a lot we don't know (yet).