Intentional Community

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Intentional Community

Post by Mr. PC »

I know people have mentioned starting a Wai community in the past, but I did a search and couldn't find a thread on it, so. . .

Would anyone be seriously interested? It wouldn't nessecarily be 100% Wai people, it could include fruititarians, raw foodists who eat similarly, or should we try to go for people who follow wai (maybe allowing munch food).

Here's my dream, but of course this isn't what every other wai follower would want.

Community of progressive thinking atheists who follow a diet similar to the wai diet, preferably somewhere warm where oranges can grow, and we can be as independent as possible.

Does anyone here have any experience with Intentional Communities?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Intentional Community

Post by Oscar »

What is an intentional community?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

It's when a group of people, eg Anarchists, Communists, Atheists, Pegans, naturalists, create their own society/community. It could be in a city, it could be isolated in a country-side, or in a forest completely away from civilization. It is common for artists to create intentional communities so that they can focus on their art and bounce ideas off other creative people.

An urban community would simply mean all of us moving into a single block in a city, a rural community I'd imagine would give us a little more freedom to do things out way. There is a town, in Denmark which began as an intentional community and than progressed to a micro-nation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania

There are some cool anarchist-vegan communities already started, and naturalist communities. I've been looking for a community that shares a similar diet to the wai, and is socially progressive, but haven't found one.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I would be very surprised if there would be a Wai community like that, because eating animal protein doesn't usually fit in the frame of reference of people interested in setting up such communities. I think those communities often, if not always, have some kind of belief system at the base.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I'd imagine the 'belief system' at the base of a Wai community would be scientific reasoning, which is my belief system as well (why the diet makes so much sense to me). Yay science!
panacea

Post by panacea »

you need a gushy and dramatic belief system to reel in the overly social creatures that is women, hopefully enough pretty ones. then I'm in
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:-)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

K so, can we use the Lord of the Rings as a model?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Looking for dwarven women,Mr. PC?? ;)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

No, I'd prefer Dumbledore's army - instead of LOTR... :D
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Mmmm, short, stocky, and bearded; who *isn't* looking for dwarven women? A Hogwart's religion would probly be more popular but less awesome.

But seriously, do you think a society like this would lack females?
panacea

Post by panacea »

yeah i've tried to get all my girlfriends into it trust me people in general, females included, have very little control over their mostly unseen addiction to the foods they grew up loving. if i had to make a list of 'things people value most even if they don't realize it', eating the junk food they do would be right up there with making themselves look their best, sex, and money.

if i had to make a list of most impossible things that would never happen, - a bunch of people giving up their food addictions for the wai diet would be on the list, and Earth being hit by an asteroid that looked just like a chocolate chip cookie wouldn't be, because the former is more unlikely.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

or attain world peace :D

and nothing less awesome with with Dumbledore's army - so there! ;)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So you don't think there are enough people on the Wai (or similar) diet to start a community? I had no intention of trying to 'convert' people; although I'm happy to provide information I've given up trying to convince anyone to change. I always had the impression there were more females on the Wai board than males? Is that not the case? Anyone have an idea of the demographics here? Do you really think females would be less willing to live in a Wai community than males? Maybe we should start a poll.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So you don't think there are enough people on the Wai (or similar) diet to start a community?
Not nearly, as you need lots of them in one city to get a few of them wanting to live together.
Anyone have an idea of the demographics here?
No idea.