Intentional Community

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Intentional Community

Post by panacea »

not to mention that people don't live together for diets, people make communities for common ideas on religion or social structure, ethnicities, and things like that, unless there is some Atkins group village I'm unaware of xD
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

not to mention that people don't live together for diets, people make communities for common ideas on religion or social structure, ethnicities, and things like that, unless there is some Atkins group village I'm unaware of xD
That´s another reason to start it.
First group that lives together because of their diet!

But if we want to start it I want some rules in the community, like:
if you are reported to drink too much orange juice in one time (more than 1L) you need to make orange juice for the whole community for a day
if you are reported to eat fish, salad and fruit in the same time, you need to make orange juice for 3 days
if somebody catch you when you are cooking something, you need to make orange jucie for the WHOLE COMMUNITY FOR A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
panacea

Post by panacea »

lol well so far under like 5 people want to start it so maybe you should all just become roommates, you will draw less law enforcement attention that way I'm sure

(lol!)
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Wow, people have wonderful ideas in this board!

However, I think an intentional community is still quite hard to achieve... I mean, we are so few! And I don't see us going much bigger in number that easily, since, just like panacea said, people LOVE their much food. 90% of the people I talked about this diet, they said "I believe you, but I don't care, I just love much foods". The other 5% said "very cool, i'd like to try it someday, although i seriously doubt i'll ever have the will power", the last 5% "you're a freak".

The closest thing we have to that kind of community is this board, which I think is wonderful. I see it helping a lot of people. People are frequently available to help and to discuss, specially RRM, who I must congratulate here, again!

What should be done now is like promoting more the diet on the internet, since this tool has become a very powerful tool nowadays. Such a breakthrough diet, with so clear and intense results, makes me a bit sad how it is still so underground! I recently started a thread about this, here in the general discussion... Please read it when you have time!
overkees

Post by overkees »

I exactly get the same reactions. But in the beginning most of the time people will reply, FREAK. But everyone will ask questions, yeah but why this? Why that? And to everything I have an explanation. And they become curious. Oh, but how? And cant you eat anything else? But on social occasions? It's nice and a custom to do that. You're much like a vegetarian, no one can count one when eating together. And I say: "Oh, okay.. so if everyone smokes you smoke too? Even if you know it is unhealthy by a thorough investigation, not just copying what other people say about it? "Smoking is good: It cures my gout. :D"."

And then I get them on their knees and they will all say. Oh but that's so hard, and think of all the nice flavors you're missing out on. It maybe healthy, but I would never get myself to something like that... btw do you really like the raw egg yolks? What is it like? And I'll comment: "You like cooked eggs?", "Yeah", "Hard boiled or soft? ", "Soft", "Well it's like that, but then 20 to 30 degrees lower, and with good cholesterol and no converted oxysterols, the real bad guys.", "I can get into that, but I would still add a little salt. And I can't take the salmonella risk". "But I eat 15 a day, and I never got sick. And almost doing wai for 3 months"

Almost every discussion goes exactly this way. So funny, they will go down on their knees. And still they aren't going to try. But I got a lot of people eating much more wai food. Even some of my housemates to drink 0.7L of OJ every day, with fiber though, without the oil :). Olive oil and orange juice? Fat and carbs? Never, lol, theyre so stubborn. And even got 2 people to eating some raw salmon every once in a while.

No one is willing to give the egg yolks a shot. Too bad :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hahaha! I've got some people eating just raw egg yolks next to their cooked diet. ;)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I got my sister drinking a raw eggyolk in OJ every night. She's planning to up to 2 soon but is very frightened of Salmonella. I've also got my sister to quit milk and she's making rice bread as an alternative to standard bread.
I used to make a yolk/oj drink for my mom and she'd drink it every night and say "this tastes so good", then wake up in the morning saying "I feel so good this morning". As soon as I stopping making them for her and pressuring her into drinking it she stopped.