Promoting Wai Diet

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Getting The Word Out!

Post by nick »

So I have some ideas for 'advertising' the Wai Diet. This wouldn't be explaining the diet in ad-like fashion, but more a technique to get peoples attention and sending them to the website.

First and foremost would be a billboard reading "www.freeacnebook.com". The font in black on a white background.

Or perhaps even better, placing yard signs or some sort of sign with the web address at dermatologist offices. Maybe flyers?

Here is another one of mine:

A picture of two people sitting on a bench at nighttime, illuminated by a street light. One is smoking a cigarette as another eats a fast food hamburger. You could have text between the two saying "how does cooked food contain the same addictive chemicals as cigarettes?"

This one is sadder but hits home:

A picture of an overwieght person eating a hamburger. She/he may have a sad face, one of defeat and or confusion, as her hand holds her hamburger.

The text would read "Why are you addicted to food? Go to WaiSays.com to learn about it." or something to that affect.

At the bottom would be a tagline that reads "Mcdiction", the combination of mcdonalds and addiction.

This could be ads for magazines or just flyers to put up.
Obviously it would take money to put these ads in a magazine, but the potential of reaching many people would be there. Also, advertising in young females magazines would be best as this would spread word fastest. Acne, cellulite and overweight are major concerns to young women who do anything to achieive beauty and this would be the best way to create mouth to mouth spread of the diet.

Let me know what you think!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The people I meet who are interested in the diet, are usually not interested because of acne reasons. Maybe it would be an idea to make a section which handles about the 100% diet in terms of general health? With all the necessary info, like why no veggies, cholesterol issue, energy management, etc. That way a broader spectrum is covered than 'only' acne.

I'm not sure I like the idea of 'extensive' advertising, yet on the other hand I understand the need to share it with the world. For now I contend myself with mouth-to-mouth advertisement. :?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

'Mouth-to-mouth' promotion, eh Oscar? :oops:

...or did you mean 'word-of-mouth'? (I am inclined to think your intentions are ignoble... ;-))
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

ROFL! Erm it's actually literally translated from dutch... :D

But yeah, I guess:

IF interested_subject == beautiful_girl THEN mouth_to_mouth ()
ELSE
word_of_mouth ()
ENDIF

;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hehehe :-D

*all beautiful girls on the forum hold up crosses and garlic bulbs to fend off Oscar's lecherous advances...*
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Avalon = vampire
Oscar = Selective First Aid Giver

;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I've laughed more on this forum today than I have the entire week!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar = Bite me
Avalon = Vampire :twisted:
andyville

Spreading the word about The Wai

Post by andyville »

Hello friends,

I am just curious to know whether anyone is actively trying to get new people onto the Wai diet, or is it a "word of mouth" thing? Is the site linked from other sites? Are there any plans on releasing a book?

I have come to like this diet more and more, and would be delighted if the community would grow. So far I think I have recommended at least five other people to check out the site and read the articles, but I do not believe that either of them became actual followers.

We should have some kind of recruitment plan; for every new ten members you recruit, you get a free toaster. Thus, if you recruit 100 members you will get... ummm... let us see here... 10 toaster folks! TEN toasters! That means you do not have to worry about getting Christmas presents that year.

*Andyville nominates himself for the upcoming 2006 Wai Award, for this brilliant idea*

TEN TOASTERS!!!

*faints from excitement*
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No, not actively. I've explained things to quite a few people, but I'm not an active 'pusher'. So far my mom has been on the diet for 5 months, of which the last one was 100%.

Have fun with your toasters! ;)
slea

Encouraging others

Post by slea »

Hi everyone! Lately, I have been thinking how to explain my lifestyle better to others. I get asked all the time about what I eat, how I stay so slim and young looking. When I start telling them about it, I am always struggling with how to explain the diet with out making it seem too difficult. The reason I say difficult, is because I always get a derogatory comment, like, "I could never eat like that" etc. I'm sure a lot of you get the same comments, but is there anyone who has found a more positive, interesting way to bring it up to people? I've said things like, "Sure, but it's very different, so keep an open mind" or "This diet has made such a difference in my life, experience and proof speaks for it's self". You get the idea! I have given out the web site address several times and I'm sure as you suspect, it's usually not read and they ask me all the questions, which I don't mind.

OH....and one other comment I always get that I don't have a good regular answer for is: "Why does everyone eat this way if it is so bad for us? Why do all the doctors and nutritionists not know all of this stuff?" I usually tell them that it's due to the influence of the industries, but that doesn't seem to be a good enough answer!

Anyway, I know that you can't make people understand, they will want to only if they are truly interested. I'm just trying to find a way to make it more appealing and explain it better. Any ideas? :D
RRM
Administrator

Re: Encouraging others

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:Lately, I have been thinking how to explain my lifestyle better to others.
Yeah, i know what you mean.
to be honest, i always 'hide behind my acne'; i tell them that if i dont eat this way, im covered with acne. And then they understand why i do it.
Really explaining the diet is way too much...
"I could never eat like that"
Yeah, thats the number 1 response.
is there anyone who has found a more positive, interesting way to bring it up to people?
What is more positive than saying that this diet makes you look good and feel good?
I never give out the address, unless they specifically ask for it.
I think that the everybody has its own path, and only if its the right information on the right time for them, people may embrace it.
I dont believe in 'advocating the idea'. The idea advocates itself to those who are genuinly interested (and do some very hard searching, before they can find us)
OH....and one other comment I always get that I don't have a good regular answer for is: "Why does everyone eat this way if it is so bad for us?
Because we dont know how bad it is for us.
Because we dont know how much healtheir / longer we would live on a raw diet.
Why do all the doctors and nutritionists not know all of this stuff?"
Because we know so little.
Every year we hear some new health notion, to find it to be the opposite a few years later.
I'm just trying to find a way to make it more appealing and explain it better. Any ideas? :D
Just be the shining you. Let it up to them to find out how interesting it is, or not.
slea

Post by slea »

Thank you, RRM! You are right. You just confirmed what I have been doing all along. Just be a shining example, trying to be anyway! I am one of those people that want to help everyone. I'm getting better at minding my own business! Thanks again! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Usually I tell people only what the ask about but just enough to make them ask more if they're interested. Sometimes they ask further and sometimes they don't. In the end most people's attitude is "I could never eat like that", like you mentioned, but I'm already glad I could pass them some of the knowledge.

Btw I read CY's post about variety being the same on the Wai diet as on normal diets, and I think I'm going to use that. Grains vs fruits, veggies vs avocado/tomato/cucumber, animal protein (or lack thereof) vs animal protein. ;)
mario91

Promoting Wai Diet

Post by mario91 »

Hey everyone!

I was watching some acne videos today on youtube, and I got mad about how everyone who suffers from acne still uses chemicals to burn their pimples... How every well-known method for clearing acne consists on this. On the other hand, NO ONE knows about the Wai Diet! No one ever mentioned it on the comments. There is not even one video on youtube about wai diet! There are videos about paving stones, pole finders, videos of girls with huge tits doing something completely uninteresting that everyone watches on mute... but not a single video about the diet!

Then I went to a well know acne site, acne dot org, and in the forum I saw some topics about Wai Diet... but still, with not that much views and posts.

This made me think: howcome is this possible? How come such a revolutionary diet, that works even better and faster than any chemical treatment, that has been there on the internet for about a decade, is still so underground? And it's not only about acne my concern! But acne is what is should be more talked about, since it's where is has the fastest and most visible results.
I'm not saying that there should be more "dietists" already, since I understand our eating paradigm is extremely different from the "normal" diets paradigms... But there should be a little more hype around there, don't you think?