Promoting Wai Diet

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Promoting Wai Diet

Post by RRM »

there should be a little more hype around there, don't you think?
Ha ha, yes, that was what i expected initially.
I have no clue why it has not spread more.
Maybe because its too radical.
Maybe its because you have to keep eating this way all the time.
Its not just a pill that you need to take daily; its changing your life, basically.
I dont know.
panacea

Post by panacea »

The main problem for me is cost.
Where I used to live, in Texas, it was do-able, if I was rich, without processed juices with flavorpacks, been stripped of normal flavoring, been kept up to a year in a tank, etc.
Where I live now, even if I was rich, I would go broke very soon trying to juice the oranges here which are some of the lowest quality I've ever seen. Almost 4 in 8 oranges are greenish, and they are higher priced than any oranges I've ever seen too, I bought some just to test, and they yield less juice than any other oranges i've tried as well, and they are valencia size oranges.
All other fruits up here (near Canada) suffer the same problems of unripeness, bad taste, and high cost.

The diet is only possible for me and others around me if they wanted to try it with store bought OJ and egg yolks, and maybe the occasional fruit like a watermelon, if they can afford it.

This is the main problem for people who are would-be wai dieters imo. I wish I could find a good source of OJ that didn't smell like detergent when it was left out of the fridge for about 4 hours (I don't think that's a good sign and all store bought OJ has this happen to it).
mario91

Post by mario91 »

RRM wrote: I have no clue why it has not spread more.
Maybe because its too radical.
Exactly...

Everything that has been said here is so damn true. You start talking about this to someone, and they go like: "only fruits...? what, not even some tasty, healthful bread and milk (get the irony?)?... what? raw fish?? uurrghhh (when they never even tasted raw fish)".
I come to conclude that most people are still very narrow minded. Even if this diet is very different from theirs, and I really understand you can get shocked at first (I didn't, but I understand who does) they should be more opened to listen WHY, instead of soon starting shouting "oohhh nooo, ohh my goooood you're insaaane"! So, it's a bit just like Oscar said... just let it be!
RRM wrote: Maybe its because you have to keep eating this way all the time.
Its not just a pill that you need to take daily; its changing your life, basically.
Yes, but if they only LISTENED, they would see how worthwhile that change is!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

panacea wrote:The main problem for me is cost.
(...)
This is the main problem for people who are would-be wai dieters imo. I wish I could find a good source of OJ that didn't smell like detergent when it was left out of the fridge for about 4 hours (I don't think that's a good sign and all store bought OJ has this happen to it).
Well, man does not live by OJ alone :D
Ever though of sticking up to dried fruits? Maybe even dried fish, if you can't also get it easily? I just bought 70kg of dried figs this summer! Buying bulks of dried fruits can comfortably provide you good quality fruit for the whole year. And you also save a lot of money!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

About adverstising, I think it's a good ideia, but wouldn't it be quite costly?
I got a better idea: graffiting the walls!!!! Woooohoooo!! (just joking!)

I think the internet is still the best way to promote our diet. It's a very free environment... And when it comes to explain scientific facts, written words are more powerful than spoken. Because this diet's paradigm is still quite complex... there is a lot you need to learn.
I recently started promoting our diet in acne.org, i think we can convert a lot of people there! :P
Other essential website would be Youtube.. I'm also thinking about making some videos there... I've also been "firing" some comments at the most viewed acne videos! Muahaha!

Oh, and RRM, if you ever published the book, in paper, I think that would also be a hell of a progress! It could even lead to some media exposition, and that would give it a lot more of credibility. People would start talking about it.
overkees

Post by overkees »

The problem is that most of the other diets that are sold by book with a big marketing campaign or big results in the first few weeks. You need to learn how to handle wai, it will take a few weeks before you totally get it. And the others also have some kind of representational figure that advocates for the diet.We don't have that. And we don't need to. In fact the wai diet is pretty damn straight forward. It can be brought in one sentence: Optimalising the balance between nutrients and antinutrients. It speaks for itself. That's what I like about it.

The only problem is we have so much rubbish about food going around. Like cholesterol is bad for you. Saturated fats are bad. (not all) Fiber is good and healthy (not if you eat enough fat or have constipation problems). There are some other things that aren't proven to be nutrients yet that are in other stuff that's really good for us (what don't you understand about the word essential, it are medicines ffs). Brought to our awareness, unluckily, in 1950 and debunked pretty quickly. In the 70ies there was a big antimovement. But survived that attack. Now it's under attack once again, hope we win this one. With all the obese people around, I think we're going to have a chance this time.

We need some breakthroughs before we can convince people eating the wai way is a good thing for a lot of people. We could proof it if we can get some people to eat 1 month wai in the right way. You will never go back to a sad diet ever again. Wai makes you so much more aware of what shit we eat normally. Just by only eating wai, even if you didnt know about the underlying stuff. Maybe people would quit off and on. But you'll learn a big big lesson by going wai, even if for a while. And that's the whole point.

And that's the strength of wai. Just try it for a few weeks, watch and learn. Let the body speak for itself. Go back to your roots!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

overkees wrote: We need some breakthroughs before we can convince people eating the wai way is a good thing for a lot of people. We could proof it if we can get some people to eat 1 month wai in the right way. You will never go back to a sad diet ever again. Wai makes you so much more aware of what shit we eat normally. Just by only eating wai, even if you didnt know about the underlying stuff. Maybe people would quit off and on. But you'll learn a big big lesson by going wai, even if for a while. And that's the whole point.
That is a wonderful idea!
Any chance we could make that study like something professional, and publish it in a science magazine, or other credible zine or paper?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mario91 wrote: Any chance we could make that study like something professional, and publish it in a science magazine, or other credible zine or paper?
Yes, thats what im planning to do when i have enough money:
Feeding rats a totally raw diet vs feeding rats the same diet, but then everything is cooked for, say 15 minutes. (plus 1 group fed cooked and supplements)
Then see how long each individual lives, and what is its cause of death.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Wow, that's a wonderful idea too!
But that's a long-term experience. But for what part of it would you need that much money?

And what about getting like 10-15 people to do the diet for a few weeks, just like overkees said?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mario91 wrote:...for what part of it would you need that much money?
You need specific rats, specifically bred for scientific testing. Thats because any 'genetic surprise' needs to be ruled out.
Also, you need special standard feeds that are not cheap either.
Then you also need to pay scientists for a couple of years, as the monitoring and feeding needs to be done by qualified people.
All this so that the experiment cannot be classified as unscientific.
And what about getting like 10-15 people to do the diet for a few weeks, just like overkees said?
Yes, thats much cheaper, but you need to get a scientist (in the field of dermatology) interested in doing the experiment.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

RRM wrote:
mario91 wrote:...for what part of it would you need that much money?
You need specific rats, specifically bred for scientific testing. Thats because any 'genetic surprise' needs to be ruled out.
Also, you need special standard feeds that are not cheap either.
Then you also need to pay scientists for a couple of years, as the monitoring and feeding needs to be done by qualified people.
All this so that the experiment cannot be classified as unscientific.
I understand.
RRM wrote:
Yes, thats much cheaper, but you need to get a scientist (in the field of dermatology) interested in doing the experiment.
And I bet no dermatologist would be interested in risking his job and his ass to do such experiment. But it would be gold if you or any of us found one :D

I've started this year my graduation in environmental engineering, will I be considered a scientist when I become graduated?
Would I have some credibility to coordinate, and then publish studies like these two? Having in the mind that both would concern general health and not just skin health (even though health wouldn't be my area).
dime

Post by dime »

I think I'll get me a mouse as a pet, and feed him exactly what I eat downscaled in calories. Just to check that I'm not doing something stupid with my diet :D
dime

Post by dime »

Ok seems like they shouldn't eat bananas and citrus fruits.. so much from my experiment.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

And their mineral requirements are also much different (about 10-fold higher; per bodyweight)
mario91 wrote:I've started this year my graduation in environmental engineering, will I be considered a scientist when I become graduated?
Would I have some credibility to coordinate, and then publish studies like these two?
No, that will not be sufficient.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Hey guys...

Just to tell I've been promoting our diet in acne.org for the last weeks/months, and I think it's been having some good success :)
I've been receiving lots of msgs/topics of people saying they had just began with it, some already have shown success!

I'm making this for pure pleasure, because I really love this diet! (I mean, way of life :D) And it's like 15 min a day that I spend, that's not even that much!

I still haven't forgot the rats study idea.
What do you guys think about a fund raising to do that study? Like Wikipedia's doing now.
How much money, approximately, would you think it would be needed, RRM?