Ultimate health guide

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Ultimate health guide

Post by overkees »

Since I started wai, I also had other lifestyle changes. I decided to make a guide for a natural optimal health.

Wai diet
Basic: Eating ripe fruits and drinking juices accompanied with extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil; eating fresh raw egg yolks with the sac removed; eating small amounts of fresh raw fish (sashimi).
Optional:
Raw meat, sugar and fresh nuts.

Fruits, oil/fat and yolk give all the necessary nutrients (even more than the SAD) and minimalize the intake of antinutrients.
If you reach your RDA you will also fulfil your energy needs if you are rather sedentary. If you are active, you can eat more fruit or add some sugar to your diet to meet your energy needs. Because it only contains glucose and fructose, you will get better at controlling your energy level. By eating a lot of small meals during the day you will prevent eventual blood sugar spikes and by adding oil/fat the eventual spike is avoided. Fat/oil also will make you more satiated.
Fish is needed to be sure you will get enough omega-3 fatty acids. Although it is very likely that the egg yolks will do the trick alone. Because of the ratio omega-6 : omega-3 is not exceeded (in fact is much better than in the SAD) and yolks contain a small amount of DHA your absorption rate of DHA is increased.
Fish and yolks also have very high protein quality, so if you’re working out you can increase the amount of fish and yolks to build some muscle. Be sure to eat not too much protein, because protein is only needed for (re)building purposes. If you consume too much, your body will use it as an energy source and this will create unnecessary antinutrients and other troubles.
Don’t worry too much about minerals, the absorption rate is increased automatically by your body. Because of the diet there aren’t a lot of substances that will interfere with it. Just get across the minimal intake border.
By eating raw animal products you will train your immune system. Start with little and slowly increase the amount.
The great bonus of this diet is the elimination of all addictive substances from food. You won’t be plagued by the continuous thoughts about munch foods.
Excercising
Aerobic: Walking, running, swimming, cycling.
Anaerobic: Core muscle excercises, short bursts of energy when doing running, swimming, etc.

Aerobic excercises are excellent for better breathing. Less troubles with sleeping. Feeling more energetic. Do them with nasal breathing and try not to exaggerate.
Anaerobic excercises are great for muscle building, it will also help you to feel more energetic and help with posture. It will also help you to improve your condition. Try to not only train one muscle group but the whole body.
Excercises will also increase your immune system. It does so by pushing the lymph through your body and this will help the white cells to distribute more evenly in your body. Your lymphatic system isn’t moved with heart beats as the blood is. That’s why you need to move. Most of the nodes are at places where you can move a lot. The nodes are located at vulnerable places (mouth, neck, belly and groins).
Breathing and yoga
Breathing and yoga help to relax and balance your body. They also help your immune system by stimulating lymph nodes.
Yoga also helps to avoid stiffness and learns you to control and feel your body.
Ideal breathing is done by nasal belly breathing. Breathe in slowly and shallow. Exhale slowly and pause for a few seconds then repeat.
To test your condition, use the control pause test (cp). When you exhale, hold your breathe. Try to hold it until you feel the first urge to breathe. When you inhale again, it should be gentle (not forced) and you should be able to continue your normal breathing pattern without a problem. Above 20s and you’re okay. But getting above 40-60 s is considered as being really healthy.
To increase your CP, excercise only with nasal breathing. Or do the reduced breathing technique. This is done by after exhaling, holding your breathe for a few seconds and when you inhale, only go up to 80-90 % of your normal inhale volume. Try to keep a relaxed breathing pattern with light air hunger. Minimally done for 5 minutes.
A good breathing technique is very important. If you’re breathing correct, you’re optimally distributing your oxygen and carbon dioxide levels.
Cold showers
Cold showers have a lot of benefits. They increase brown fat cells, these are fat cells which make their own heat.
They help you to get better at an ideal breathing pattern.
They increase your immune system. Hot showers will destroy your natural protective layer of the skin.
They increase your alertness and keep you relaxed. You will feel very rejuvenated after a cold shower. And they actually have an anti-depressant function.
Increases fertility in men when compared to hot showers by not making your testicles too hot.
No soap and shampoo
You don’t need soap. Soap only washes away natural oils which help you protect yourself. It even doesn’t do a great job at killing fungi and bacteria.
If you’re healthy, body odours will almost be non existent. And rinsing good with water should be enough.
There are also a lot of chemicals in soap that will damage your skin and get absorbed.
It’s better to wash yourself with egg yolks, because they are very rich in vitamins, which will help to feed the skin and your hair. They also have good protective oils in them. You could also try coconut oil for dry skin and dry hair.
Try to shampoo your hair as less as possible. This will help with the natural oil distribution.
Shaving
When you shave you create tiny wounds on your face. The shaving foam you put on it is bad for your skin. It's best to use a shaving device that doesn't comes to the close to the skin - trimming. If you want to shave with a razord, rub some coconut oil between your hands and apply it on your face. Then shave and rinse with water.
No toothpaste
Toothpaste is not needed. Brushing with saturated fat will do the trick. Saturated fat works antimicrobial. Toothpaste has abrasives which are not needed if you brush the right way.
You should place your brush under an angle of 45 degrees at your gums and use small soft circular rubbing motions. This in combination with the fat will get rid of all the plaque and the fat coats your teeth with a protective layer for the acids. Acids cause fat to emulsify so eating enough fat is important for good teeth. Coconut oil is recommended.
Sleeping on hard surface on belly/left side
We have been sleeping for millions of years on the ground and bed sleeping has just been discovered. We have been built to sleep on hard surfaces like grass or sand. It takes some time to adjust but once the transition has been made you will sleep like a baby. You will be sleeping less. This is because it’s easier to get out of your light sleep so you don’t start another sleep cycle. So once you’re awake and you don’t need anymore sleep you’re done. A few blankets on the floor will do the trick, or a really hard matrass.
You must also sleep on your belly or left side, this will enable better breathing when asleep. A cooler room also helps you to get more quality sleep due to the better oxygen/carbondioxide distribution. And helps you to wake up more easily.
Posture
A correct posture is very important for your back and for breathing. It also has a reversed psychological effect. If you stand straight you can carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, you will feel more self assured and you won’t make yourself invisible. This way a lot of people will notice you. This will only make you even more confident and contributes to your mental health.
To see if you’re standing straight: Align your feet with your shoulders, put heels 12 centimeters before the wall and keep your buttocks and neck against the wall. Your neck should be parallel to the floor. Then bring your shoulders back so that your whole upper arm also touches the wall. Then relax. This is how your posture should be. A simple trick to correct posture when not close to a wall is to contract your buttocks and abs and do a chin tuck, then hold this position and relax.

I would love to hear your opinions and maybe you can even add some more points to this guide. Thanks!
panacea

Re: Ultimate health guide

Post by panacea »

Talking with deep inhalations, a loud voice, or a high pitch
This causes hyperventilation effect just like mouth breathing, which can last for many hours afterward depending on the amount of talking

Overheating
Overheating due to too much clothing causes hyperventilation in an effect to cool the body, leading to the same negative factors as mouth breathing
This is one of the main negative health factors for infants and young children, who have much higher metabolic rates than adults and need much less clothing, but are often overclothed by well-intentioned parents.

Air quality
Indoor air quality is a major factor in health, as toxic chemicals not only burden the body but increase breathing rate. Some major contributors to poor air quality are carpets, bookshelves, and clothes which are not in drawers or in a sealed closet.

Improper spinal alignment
Improper spinal alignment and other related misalignment can be quite common in modern people and are often irreversible unless corrected by a knowledgeable and gentle chiropractor.

Electromagnetic Fields
Overexposure to EMF fields and related harmful devices such as microwaves, radiation, mercury amalgams, etc. EMF fields emit from virtually all electrical devices but are most powerful the closer you are to things like powerlines. Waterbeds with electric water heating system are one example of how EMF fields can negatively impact you during sleep.

will add more later
dime

Post by dime »

• Tobacco, alcohol, drugs
This stuff is no good and should be avoided.

• Medications, pills, foods with medicinal properties
Best avoided, unless you're sure that following this ultimate health guide alone doesn't help with your health problems.

• Exercising
We should add some mental exercises to your list overkees, but I'm not the expert so I leave to someone else.
dime

Post by dime »

Stressor Solutions: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2589
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

I really like this thread! So many people miss that there are well rounded factors to health, not just diet, or just exercise, or just breathing. BTW, I am fascinated with the info on breath, and have been working at increasing CPs too! Thanks overkees, for posting about that! I have studied a little pranayama and it is great to see the scientific explanations.

One thing I've experimented with is oil pulling. I don't do it all the time, but I do notice it can help improve my posture, energy level and breathing.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yeah the breathing is great. Many people get very good results, very quick. It's comparable to exercising without really doing the excercising. So your body doesn't needs to repair muscles and stuff. And I knew those Eastern yogis and buddhists were on to something with the breathing.

I had a lot of problems with relaxing my shoulders and this caused a lot of tention headaches. But since I do the breathing techniques I barely have m. Used to have 2 - 3 a week. Now it's more like once a month. This alone is good enough proof for me to continue.
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

My FIL runs marathon distances/does yoga and has for more than 40 years. He told me that when he started focusing more on pranayama a few years ago, (and less on exercise) he suddenly saw huge physical improvements. He also says it affects his sleep pattern, when he practices before bed, and he feels a lot of good healing happens during sleep.

I'm glad to hear of your successes too! Even more incentive for me to focus on it a little more!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Very good thread!
Thanks overkees :)
dime

Post by dime »

@sunmaiden it would be interesting to check his CP and see what have those marathons/yoga done for him :)
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

FIL is quiet and rarely talks about physical achievements. If I can find out about his CP, I'll let you know:)

Exercise has allowed him to get to and maintain good health. At 70, he's on no medication, has a healthy heart/cholesterol levels and gets good physical evaluations at the doctors. But he's also a cancer survivor, and we think exercise pulled him through. He started running to lose weight/get in shape and soon after began a fat free/sugar free diet. Then he got cancer (about 25 years ago), was treated with full dose radiation and ran his way through treatments. (My husband's convinced the fat- free diet caused the problem, but there are other possibilities like pollution or job stress) He must have worked a lot of those poisons out because he survived the cancer and the treatment! He relaxed and went back to a fairly normal diet,(cooked starch, moderate fat, and some sweets/ chocolate) I think exercise can mitigate some of the effects of modern diet:)

But breathing/pranayama practice seems to have helped him stay medication free, and achieve some personal goals. He was doctor approved for a mountain trek which he wanted to go on several years ago. At over 65, he wasn't sure he'd be accepted, since you have to have a good health record and pass a stress test, so you're not a risk to the group (not much medical assistance available on such wilderness treks).
panacea

Post by panacea »

Shower Filters for Health
The U.S. EPA recently stated that "Due to chlorine and showering, virtually every home in America has a detectable level of chloroform gas in the air." When chlorine vaporizes in steam and combines with other organic compounds in the air, it converts to chloroform. Chloroform is a strong respiratory irritant that can also cause fatigue.

Most people don't realize that tap water typically contains at least or often above the level of chlorine recommended for swimming pools, 1 to 1.5 ppm. A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows a high rate of absorption of chlorine and other chemicals. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 20 times the concentration of chlorine and other synthetic chemicals as contained in tap water, due to the fact that these chemicals vaporize at a much lower temperature and at a much faster rate than water. While over 98% of the water coming from the shower head goes down the drain, 70% to 90% of the chemicals in the water vaporize before the water even hits the ground!

Inhalation of chlorine and chemical vapors is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis. When chemicals are inhaled into our lungs, they enter directly into our bloodstream and can have magnified effects (as compared to ingested chemicals, which are partially filtered in digestion). A recent study showed that over 1/4 of swim team members suffer from some degree of asthma due to chlorine inhalation.
I've researched for a while now about shower filters and feel I've found the best one. Not only does it remove 91% of chlorine from the water but also has a filter system for other chemicals. Besides having healthier showers and healthier indoor air from this unit, you also have softer water which works better at cleansing you (without the need for soaps or shampoos), and has a cosmetic beauty effect of softer skin and hair by using this, as chlorine damages both skin and hair. You can also get this for your faucet to drink out of but since it's another 100$ I would just use the shower filter to pour into bottles and store it.

if you sign up for the 6 month auto filter replacement plan you get a discount on the unit and filters with free shipping. It comes out to $60 for the unit itself and one filter, then every 6 months it will cost roughly $45 for a new filter (auto shipped). That is $7.50 a month for this thing and comes with a lifetime warranty with that sign up plan. When it arrives I will test how much better my common tap water cleans my hair by itself rather than with the aid of a gentle shampoo. If it does this then it will practically pay for itself as the shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and hair products people buy generally cost more than $7.50 a month

http://www.aquasanastore.com/aq-shower-filter.html

However I'm also researching the safest type of 'cleaner' that can be used on everything from dishes to washing your hair, and could even be ingested without making you sick, but I have to test it first. (I found this by researching what the most sensitive MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) sufferers use, and based on reviews of these people I've found a promising 100% plant based soap that hasn't caused any reactions whereas other thought to be chemically safe products such as dr bronners baby mild soap and others do cause reactions in these highly sensitive people.
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

I'm keeping this in mind for the future! I'd really like one, but have to live somewhere where I can get one, first:) I have lived a couple of places in the past with natural mountain spring water or deep wells and showering and drinking that water is a real treat! Its much superior to normal tap water. But a good filter must make a noticeable improvement! Heated chlorinated water is worse than colder chlorinated water, so unless we have a super cold day, I take a cool shower.

What type of soap have you found? I find dr. bronners soap to be very drying. I use lemon juice as shampoo (perhaps some people would find that harsh) and water/loofah on my body. Soap a few times a week, as needed:)
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Very good post about the Shower Filters, panacea!
I'm gonna get one as soon as possible.
waipete

Post by waipete »

I've used a shower filter 20$ CAD and I noticed smoother skin right away. I couldn't stop touching myself. =D

I've always wanted to try breathing right, but my nose has always been plugged almost every morning for the past year, right now it's pretty clear, so I guess I'll start now.
panacea

Post by panacea »

do you sleep in a carpeted room pete?