What to advice "normal" people, "second best" choices

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: What to advice "normal" people, "second best" choices

Post by panacea »

bell pepper is a fruit
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Yeah, I read that.
Black pepper and Cayenne pepper are also a fruit, but not allowed.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There is a group fruit-vegetables, between fruits and vegetables, in which bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, etc are. Tomato, avocado, and cucumber are in the same group. The latter are closer to fruits (and therefore more tasty/suitable) than the former.
Iris

Post by Iris »

It depends on what the person in question wants. If he/she wants to eat a very general diet (bread, typical evening meal etc) I "advice" (next to some things that's been said already) things like using butter instead of margarine, including more fruit, for example by making banana ice-cream (everyone loves banana ice-cream!) or eating fruit/tomato/cucumber with their bread, putting fruit in all sorts of dishes (makes a possible diet change in the future easier too). Start eating bread with much less additives (in the past, I found this already makes a HUGE difference!), stop using all sorts of packages and start cooking/preparing meals yourself (read ingredient lists!). Be careful with grains (personal experience: especially wheat is VERY addictive), better to eat more fruit, vegetables or meat (as raw as he/she finds acceptable). Not very revolutionary advice, but many people have no idea, is my experience.

The fish shop I mentioned in my recent post sells marinated salmon (gravad lachs), which is marinated in lemon juice and dill (and probably some other things :wink: ). Maybe this could be an acceptable alternative to plain raw salmon? I have had it in the past (from another seller, though) and thought it was very good...