Where is Wai?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mireia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Where is Wai?

Post by Mireia »

I don't expect to know the exact location. I just want to know what happened. Why did Wai disappear?
The advice has good foundation, the diet works, there are positive testimonials....but the creator is not around.

I showed my mother the diet and she googled it and now she is VERY sceptical. She wants to sit me down and talk tommorrow.
It would be good to know why Wai is gone.

I don't think not being a professor with a degree is a problem if your advice works.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Where is Wai?

Post by RRM »

Wai is gone for personal reasons. I cannot talk about that without her permission.
Wai hasnt been online for a couple of years now.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I've had some sort of same obstacle too, with my parents in law not agreeing. But the logic of the diet is just so good, and that's what this is about. It is not about having a degree or what not, it is about the easiest digestible foods, no antinutrients and still fulfilling nutritional needs. And this is certainly possible and that is the wai diet. Just explain it to her that way. The simpler the better.

Oh and btw, I've got some friends who study biomedical sciences on the university here and they were very interested in the diet, not because they are willing to try it (too much addictions and sacrifices had to be made for them) but they found it really interesting. So, I had a talk and one of them send the protocol of the wai diet to his professor of nutritional sciences (certainly not a nobody here in the netherlands), who was very impressed and agreed that it is probably the most ideal diet. But that he couldn't do it aswell.

But you don't need to call help from authorative sources if the logic and nutritional facts are there, right in front of someones nose. Maximal nutrients, minimal antinutrients, more than enough of the RDAs. No one, I repeat, no one can disagree with that.

But please, please be careful, if you have a compromised health situation, the wai diet might need some extras (medicines) to make it work better, it doesn't necessarily work for all people who start the diet with a bad health condition. So don't see it as holy grail for all symptoms. See it more as an ideal and optimal health maintenance diet with maximal nutrients and minimal antinutrients. But yes, eating only wai foods that you tolerate best will certainly help in all cases, with or without medicines.

Oh and yes, I've met RRM in person, so I can confirm it. He's been on this diet for over 15 years and is pretty damn healthy and muscular from what I've seen and is, as you can read from the articles on the waiwiki and here on the forum, a intelligent person who certainly doesn't make claims he can't back up. I know, your mother has no time and probably hasn't got the know how to read and review all these articles, but still...
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

My mother trusts a few sources only.
1. Normal Doctors
2. Magazines and TV
3. Old wives tales

So in her eyes, the creators of this Diet must not be knowledgeable and a degree equals knowledge :roll: .
I disagree with that. Often doctors are the least knowledgeable. If someone has a degree, it does not mean they are good or passionate about what they are doing. It just means that they passed the test. What they do after that....who knows. Many do not extend their knowledge.
My family does not understand the power of good internet research. She imagines me clicking through shady websites and buying into everything written there :|
But the logic of the diet is just so good, and that's what this is about. It is not about having a degree or what not, it is about the easiest digestible foods, no antinutrients and still fulfilling nutritional needs.
I hope she can see that. I tried to talk to her about the dangers of heating foods before and she got downright offended. I have kept it a secret that we were on a Paleo diet (since moving back to Germany Dec.'11!) and also interested in Raw Paleo (I started eating some raw meat and my son never had cooked foods).
I am really scared to be totally honest, because I know they will fight like Lions. Their bread, noodles and coffee are their whole life. All the things that were already eliminated on Paleo even.
They would never want to consider it is bad.

How exactly does everyone deal with it in Public? Around family, friends and coworkers? I got the same negative reactions from some friends. Everyone thinks I'm a nutcase.
Oh and btw, I've got some friends who study biomedical sciences on the university here and they were very interested in the diet, not because they are willing to try it (too much addictions and sacrifices had to be made for them) but they found it really interesting. So, I had a talk and one of them send the protocol of the wai diet to his professor of nutritional sciences (certainly not a nobody here in the netherlands), who was very impressed and agreed that it is probably the most ideal diet. But that he couldn't do it aswell.
That is very interesting!
But you don't need to call help from authorative sources if the logic and nutritional facts are there, right in front of someones nose. Maximal nutrients, minimal antinutrients, more than enough of the RDAs. No one, I repeat, no one can disagree with that.
Very true! Maybe she will see that once she reads more about it (She has the link to everything)
But please, please be careful, if you have a compromised health situation, the wai diet might need some extras (medicines) to make it work better, it doesn't necessarily work for all people who start the diet with a bad health condition
I did have a lot of health problems. Some that were said to be not curable. When I learned about the Raw Paleo Diet in 2011, I transitioned to a healthier diet very slowly during and after pregnancy. At first I just cut out certain things like soy, or reduced my bread intake, stopped eating Pasta, while I still took medication. At some point I was safe to go off meds if things don't worsen and while eating a strict Paleo Diet (cooked still but better than a regular diet), most of my health issues improved. I think simply cutting out certain foods helped my body so much.
Since I have learned some things about carbs I have started questioning the low carb approach of some Paleo Dieters, like I mentioned before. And of course I always felt raw is better. There is so much information on cooked food and the toxins that are created, it just makes sense.
overkees

Post by overkees »

About friends and coworkers: they will of course find you a nutcase in the beginning. But if you keep discussing the diet and answer their questions they will always (to a certain degree) tend to agree and admit they wouldn't be able to do it. But, always emphasize that you are doing it for health reasons and that they don't have to follow the diet. The respect will slowly start to come. In the end, everybody will accept it, because there is no benefit from them in not accepting. So, initially this is a big struggle, yes. My experience is that alot of people feel, in a way, offended by you condemning their diets by claiming you are on an optimal diet. Therefore, it is easier to stress out that it isn't the case that if you don't do this diet you're unhealthy but that you, out of health reasons, really need to do this and you really feel this is right. Good luck with that.

I also want to tell you a bit about the buteyko method, it's about breathing and it's a great addition to the wai diet. Alot of people on this board are practicing (or at least aware of it) with very good results, myself included. It is about breathing less 24/7 to maximize oxidative metabolism instead of the less favorable glycolysis. Very basically it is about increasing CO2 in the tissues by breathing less and the CO2 has a positive 'pulling effect' on oxygen. It is very simple: If you work out, your cellular respiration will increase in the muscles and the body 'knows' there is more oxygen needed, so because of the increase in CO2 output there will also be an increase in O2 input. But with the buteyko method it is not just in a muscle but more throughout the whole body. There are certain techniques and if you are interested you can look on the forum or ask dime, kasper, panacea or me for tips.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My experience was more or less the same as overkees'. Now everyone is used to it, and they probably think I'm even more crazy than they already thought before ;) Of course after a while people see the results, so I guess that also helps. Like overkees I never condemn or preach, just patiently explain.
Of my family my mother is also on the diet.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Hm...hopefully over time some will see it isn't so bad.
Like I said before, I basically rose from the grave and rid myself of countless diseases. But my family won't consoder for a moment that my change of diet helped. I know not everyone will get the same results, but I seem to be very affected by what I eat so alone cutting out some things helped.

Someone recently said that I show signs of orthorexia bc of my diet, when I am really not the type for any obcessive eating behaviour....:/

Overkees
It sounds interesting! I will read about it some and ask questions if needed, thanks!