Diets of Animals in Nature

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Diets of Animals in Nature

Post by Aytundra »

Diets of Animals in Nature and their life.
Aytundra

Re: Diets of Animals in Nature

Post by Aytundra »

Rodents are often fed diets in labs by scientists to see how it affects their life and lifespan.
But less take a look at some rodents in nature.

Tasmanian devil vs Naked mole-rat
Tasmanian devil: Eats meats, cannibalism, short lifespan, some afflicted with cancer, endangered species.
Naked mole-rats: Eats tubers, eusocial, long lifespan, resistant to cancer, not of conservation concern.

1. Both rodents do not consume cooked food in their natural habitat.
2. Food groups are not varied, so the tasmanian devil mainly eats protein, and the naked-mole-rat mainly eats starch.
3. Naked mole-rats currently are the record holders as the longest living rodents.

A. Surprised?
B. Any thoughts Wai Dieters?
dime

Post by dime »

I think carnivores in general have a somewhat shorter life-span due to too much protein in their diet.
In any case I don't think you can extrapolate any meaningful conclusions here :) I doubt you could extend the life-span of the tasmanian rat if you now force feed them starch.
dime

Post by dime »

This however is quite interesting
The protective role of autophagy in Heterocephalus glaber hepatic stellate cells exposed to H2O2 or nutritional stress.
We demonstrated that NMRs have higher levels of autophagy than short-lived C57BL/6 mice, and this may play an important role in the maintenance of cellular protein quality and the defense of cells against intracellular and extracellular aggressors in NMRs.
Also High autophagy in the naked mole rat may play a significant role in maintaining good health.