"Meditation" debate

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Zone A B C D

Post by Aytundra »

I learned a really cool trick from good manufacturing practices.
In manufacturing companies especially pharmaceuticals it is very important to keep their items clean and free of contamination.
It is important to them because they make packaged foods and packaged items, packaged bottles and packaged pills.
To do that they have procedures and rules that workers follow to ensure a clean product.

They divide things into Zone A B C D, Zone A is clean, Zone D is dirty.
Workers in gloves and hats and astronaut like gowns and gears handle things in Zone A.

Zone A has a positive air flow (air blowing on the item), to prevent room particles and dust from landing onto the food or pills they are manufacturing.
Zone B is like anything not on the belt or on the table or on the surface that the item is sitting on.
Zone C is like the clean room.
Zone D is like anything outside the room.

The rules are that if you are working in Zone A on The Item, and you drop a tool on the floor (Zone D), you don't pick it up, you use another clean tool instead.
That way you don't contaminate the item that you are working on.
Last edited by Aytundra on Thu 19 May 2016 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Re: "Meditation" debate

Post by Aytundra »

Useless thoughts are like Zone D, don't pick them up.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Useless attitudes are also like Zone D, don't pick them up.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Keep working on good ideas! :)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez wrote: I don't do anything else because I can't think of another thing.
Piaget will say you should learn how to center and decenter.
You also need to prioritize.

Like this, using "BEDMAS" from math: :D
Brackets
Exponents
Division
Multiplication
Addition
Subtraction

( :D ^3 + Sleep^2 + Food) + (Idea x Action = Play) + Think - :(
_____________________________________________________ = :P d'Ay
Time

{Equation d'Ay-tundra!}
Aytundra

Re:"Meditation" debate

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez wrote: Look at all you wrote. There's even feelings of sadness. Was it meditation? No. As Kasper said, if you really were concentrated on breathing, you surely hadn't written all those 'negative' things.
"sadness"?

I gave it some thought.
I understand what it is.
That is not sadness.(grim paint)
That is grief.
Grief is different from sadness.
Grief is a loss unreturnable.
Grief is the lost of love.
Love unreturnable.
Grief is a specific emotional feeling.

Being forced to meditate weekly is not constructive.
I know it was accidental.
I know it was introduced rather innocently as some icebreaker and de-stressor.
But though the purpose is imagined and the qualities it is to encourage or temper or notice, in the limited imagination of the professor, stated like of the words mindfulness, pain, stress, relief, and suffering... (Mc-Mindfulness -Fad Meditation, et al.).
None of these predicted wordy-things, could have guessed that the method netted one more emotion.
It had precipitated Grief.
I do not want to be desensitized to that emotion.
(we all know that Skinnerian operant conditioning can mess with natural responses)
Grief is special.
I do not want to lose Grief either.
It is like that bitter-sweet feeling.
There are emotions better left alone than to be desensitized.
I am not displaying an ego per say.
I was only defending my feelings.
I did not feel it was right that I was in that situation feeling that emotion, and being told to ignore it and "focus on breathing will get away everything", and kidnap my mind by force to return to some random breathing method invented a la mode of the day by fad-meditation. please God, no, to create amnesia of memories soft gone? by weekly sittings of mindless-breathing. I would rather die than to have such memories tampered, desensitized, butchered into pieces and relabelled "uh that is suffering, uhm that is pain, uhm you are overthinking things, stop thinking, it is making you suffer.....................{and so it trails like that damn bell}........tinnnng....tinnnng....tinnnng........._" oh such ignorant commentators.

Go to H*** Weekly-fad-Meditation! Go meet B.F.Skinner. Be gone, I don't need ya!

To be clear,
Neither is grief equal to suffering.
Neither is grief equal to mistake.
Neither is grief equal to non-mindfulness.
Neither is grief equal to negative feeling.
Neither is grief equal to sadness.
Neither is grief equal to pain.
Neither is grief equal to... all those imagined things of meditation speakers et al.
Neither is the defense of protecting grief equal to ego.
Neither is the defense of protecting grief equal to judging.
Neither is the defense of protecting grief equal to overthinking.

I may have felt other emotions (and maybe others worth saving too), but in that mixture there was definitely the emotion grief, that I was reminded of. And that is like a no. (no one messes with that. I am sending the mafia if ye touch one more nerve.) Dark-silvery-sparkley-paint. Yes it is dark, but it is sparkles like glitter, I am keeping that. It is special. I only use when I need to. I don't like others making me accidently opening up my paintbox and having me use my small volume of special paint every week.
-----------------------------------

{
~~~~~Sparkles, glitter, specks like tiny mirror, delicate, light, shiny, bright.They hold the colours condensed in small, smmall like tiny, they hold the world. No glitter is the same, it never reflects light the same way, some more pink, some more green, some more blue, some hold the rainbow in it, streaks like the back of metallic sticker backing, the things behind the smiley face stickers, dinosaurs, fish, stars and more. Have you ever been perplexed how it got there? These are things that glitter and reflects. And so it is like that, you can see your memories shine behind these paints. Memories that you had, things that you once saw. Things that you once knew. Delights that you have had. Kept in a tiny jar. ~~~~~
}
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:
RRM wrote:I only fall asleep once everything has been solved or sorted out.
I doubt that you completely stop sleeping until something is really solved and, for example, miss working on the next day because of that.
It never takes that long to solve an issue, or sort it out.
The maximum time i have spend on figuring out a solution, or way to go about it, was 2 hours.
I made up for those 2 hours in the following night.
Using more time is counterproductive (you will go in circles)
Sorting things out may just take designing a strategy how to deal with a certain iussue.
Knowing that i have a strategy gives me the peace that i need.
dime

Post by dime »

Go Aytundra! And tell your teacher: hey teacher, I'm here to learn X, not meditate..
We sleep 8 hours a day, that's plenty enough meditation for one day I'd say.. not sure why would anyone want to waste any more time trying to shutdown their brain while awake.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

dime wrote:not sure why would anyone want to waste any more time trying to shutdown their brain while awake.
It depends: if your mind is making you sad, even if you think about something happy, it will only last for a few seconds; or vice versa. But in the end, those are just thoughts making you either happy or sad. What if it there were no thoughts? How would you feel, can you imagine?
And it is not about shutting down your brain: it is to be aware of it.

Look how your 'brain' controls you:
If a person lies to you, the next time you see him, you will have a filter saying 'Liar' on his face and you won't see that person anymore as before: you will only see a liar and you'll treat him on a different way. And it is pretty simple: that person thinks that lying can help him achieve something, but it doesn't make him a liar. He lied at that moment, it's a fact, but he is not a liar.
Actually, that's how ego works: you treat your boss with more careful and respect and you treat your colleague with contempt and humiliation. Change the way you treat each other and see what would happen.
But if you see, that's only a superficial thing: it is merely their social status. The funny thing is that when they were born, they were 'nothing': they were neither a liar, neither your boss, neither your colleague.

Now, imagine if people started to not categorizing other people and look at them when they were 'nothing' and simple act according with the present situation. Maybe you would be talking with the liar, with your boss or with your colleague with the same respect and honor.
Maybe discrimination wouldn't exist.
Maybe war wouldn't be necessary.

And, I repeat, it is not about shutting down your brain. It is about using it more efficiently.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote:Go Aytundra! And tell your teacher: hey teacher, I'm here to learn X, not meditate..
Yes, to learn X is important! That is what I paid for.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez wrote: Now, imagine if people started to not categorizing other people and look at them when they were 'nothing' and simple act according with the present situation. Maybe you would be talking with the liar, with your boss or with your colleague with the same respect and honor.
Maybe discrimination wouldn't exist.
Maybe war wouldn't be necessary.
How do you solve "Pride and Prejudice"?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Just be aware how that changes your behavior in every situation.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Ok, so we need Awareness "in every situation", not meditation.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Exactly. Meditation is a good tool to understand what awareness is. Once you get it, you will see that you lose your awareness (compulsive thinking about things that doesn't matter at that moment, for example) many times. But I may experience this more than you, because I have serious problems on concentrating. I get really lost on my thoughts pretty easily.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Concentration vs. In-experienced, Memory, Physical-tiredness, Motivation

If a brain has never explored a New maze, and cannot find the exit of that maze,
we cannot blame that brain to say, that brain does not have concentration skills, it did not have experience.
No Amounts of concentration can make you remember a path, or persuade you to work any harder at making it through a path, as there is no notion of a path conceived previously.

If a brain has been through the maze once, and had found a path and an exit of that maze, but cannot find the exit of that maze,
we cannot blame that brain to say, that the brain does not have concentration skills, it just did not have enough memory.

If a brain has been through the maze several times, and had found the ideal path to the exit of that maze, but does not reach the exit of that maze,
we cannot blame that brain to say, that the brain does not have concentration skills, it might just did not have physical fuel.
(It spent 2 days going through that maze again and again non-stop without sleep, it is tired, it used up all the brain chemicals to modulate brain activities, it needs rest).

If a brain has been through the maze many many times, and had found the best path to the exit of that maze, but does not reach the exit of that maze, we cannot blame that brain to say, that the brain does not have concentration skills, it might just have been feeling that it is bored and needs something more intellectually challenging, this is it lacks motivation, not a lack of concentration skills.