Wai Diet

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Mthrash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Diet

Post by Mthrash »

My concern with Pufas is that they so easily oxidize, and (i believe) as a result are responsible or play a role in most chronic disease. I am referring mostly to their form as seed and vegetable oils.
Mthrash

Wai Diet

Post by Mthrash »

I enjoy playing around with my diet and am no stranger to testing the extremes; so I’m curious, if you don’t mind sharing:
Is your diet extreme out of necessity or convenience?
When you fast till 16:00, (I assume for autophagy benefits?) do you notice or have concerns that your metabolism/thyroid will down regulate to become efficient with the lower intake?
Lastly, have you ever measured your blood glucose after the juices? If so, do you ever feel the spikes/brief tiredness?
Aytundra

Re: Wai Diet

Post by Aytundra »

Is RRM's
Mthrash wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 16:41 diet extreme out of necessity or convenience?
That is not really a fair question to ask him.

Afair (As far as i've read), and if irc {have to dig through posts to find them and piece it together}
He never ate normal.
He grew up on a farm. {That puts him in the 1%, I mean the 99% live in urban cities, right?}
He ate fresh chicken. He also defined what happens to old chickens, their meat is tougher. Bones or shells gets recycled back into chicken feed.
Hung out in orchards, plucking fruits off trees like in the paintings of ancient gods.
Then he moves to a city to be a waiter one day.
And tries to get everyone to eat like a farmer.
Or something between a farmer and tarzan.
{Unfortunately urban people only know industrialized commercial farming, so we can only imagine what a true orchard looks like. He does not do a good job of describing his orchard, and no pics were posted.}
His current plans are to recreate tarzan's jungle, or something of the likes.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

Unfair question? (Not asking for a response - just disareeing)
Thank you but I'm quite confident RRM is capable of responding for himself.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mthrash wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 07:34 My concern with Pufas is that they so easily oxidize
True.
Many nutrients easily oxidize, but yes, PUFAs more so than other FAs.
The body is very well equiped in dealing with the effects of oxidation. that is because you need oxidation to live. you cannot obtain energy from nutrients without oxidation. That is why we need to breath; we need the oxygen for oxidation; to live.
Oxidation is essential to life.
The body contains all kind of mechanisms to deal with the collateral damage, ranging from preventive (antioxidants) to repair (autophagy)
as a result are responsible or play a role in most chronic disease.
We have had some discussions about this topic in the past.
Please check it out, it might interest you
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... f112221507
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mthrash wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 16:41 I enjoy playing around with my diet and am no stranger to testing the extremes; so I’m curious, if you don’t mind sharing:
Is your diet extreme out of necessity or convenience?
The Wai diet initially was out of necessity, to eliminate acne.
After that, it was because i think its healthier.
Wai Warrior is because of the life extending effects.
When you fast till 16:00, (I assume for autophagy benefits?) do you notice or have concerns that your metabolism/thyroid will down regulate to become efficient with the lower intake?
My thyroid is working perfectly.
Autophagy will actually make you (temporarily) need less external energy, as it stimulates the conversion of damaged organelles into available energy.
Lastly, have you ever measured your blood glucose after the juices? If so, do you ever feel the spikes/brief tiredness?
No, i don't measure. I just go by how i feel; always energetic.
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

Thank you! I really appreciate your knowledge and insights. ‘
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

Hi RRM,
Are you still fasting till 1600? If so, are you only on water or do you include juice? How long is your eating window?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Are you still fasting till 1600?
Yes
Though occasionally i start eating a bit earlier, if i feel that im 'eating' muscles too much.
I can now clearly feel the difference between 'normal fasting' and 'destructive fasting'.
It's all about finding a middleground between controlled autophagy and the loss of too much muscle tissue. This may differ per day.
If so, are you only on water or do you include juice?
No juice. Juice is food (energy and other nutrients)
I hardly ever drink water though.
How long is your eating window?
Between 16.00 and bedtime (20.00/21.00)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 07:23
Mthrash wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 07:34 My concern with Pufas is that they so easily oxidize
True.
Many nutrients easily oxidize, but yes, PUFAs more so than other FAs.
The body is very well equiped in dealing with the effects of oxidation. that is because you need oxidation to live. you cannot obtain energy from nutrients without oxidation. That is why we need to breath; we need the oxygen for oxidation; to live.
Oxidation is essential to life.
The body contains all kind of mechanisms to deal with the collateral damage, ranging from preventive (antioxidants) to repair (autophagy)
One way the human body (and many other organisms) seem to deal with high PUFA intake is by lowering the body temperatute and the metabolic rate (in the sense of oxidative energy metabolism). Energy metabolism comes with a lot of ROS, which has many important functions, including in the process of autophagy, but high ROS production and high PUFA intake (or production) seems incompatible throughout the universe of living organisms.

If you look at the fatty acid composition of organisms and compare that with the temperature of the organism you will notice something interesting. The temperature of the organism will surprisingly accurate predict how saturated the fatty acids are.

The high temperature and high metabolic rate of humans suggests that we do best with a more saturated fatty acid intake. Warm blooded animals that have high PUFA intake either hydrogenate those PUFA to SFA using bacteria, or use this PUFA to lower their metabolic rate and temperature to enter hibernation.
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

That makes sense and is very interesting!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: The high temperature and high metabolic rate of humans suggests that we do best with a more saturated fatty acid intake.
Saturated fats are more efficient as pure fuel, but the more complex structure of PUFAs enables them to elicit more specific effects (eg 'messenger role')
We naturally consume mostly saturated fats, as fuel is consumed in bulk.
Are you suggesting that we should lower PUFA intake below standard recommendations?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Filtering out PUFAs...
Kasper, there isn't much left to eat, even if you try to sneak in milk products.
MuPuSa without Pu, leave in MuSa limit to meat gamemeat dairy fat fruits nuts.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Here is a list of foods when the portion of fats contains 33% or more PUFA.
However it is important to look at the grams table, as the volume is really little in fruits.
Obviously if you eat oils and nuts the PUFA amount is more than fruits.
MuPuSa, Pu over 33percent page 1 of 3.JPG
MuPuSa, Pu over 33percent page 2 of 3.JPG
MuPuSa, Pu over 33percent page 3 of 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, great lists