9.11 'Conspiracy'

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Maybe, but you are worse, because you are a musician.
A potentially dangerous specie... (Bob Geldof, Bono etc)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Tee-hee, RRM! :lol:

Hey, Oscar, you know that denying you're a hippie only confirms the suspicion... :wink:

Why is it so bad to be a hippie anyway? Is it because the students who got angry and rioted in Paris in 1968, and those around the world whom they inspired, just didn't go all the way with their radical politics and ended up capitulating to the 'free market' of the 1970s and 80s? I say our parents let us down, by cutting off their dreads, tossing their tie-dyed shirts in the garbage and putting on suits (and ties - or nooses - for the men). They were won over by neoliberalism, and now all the kids born after Earth Day in 1970 have to pick up the pieces and start almost all over again on a crusade to rescue this earth from manic profiteering and fascist corporate types!!

*CurlyGirl sighs after having indulged in yet another anti-corporate rant*

Maybe I should just go join the Zapatistas and get on with it...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oh, by the way, perhaps you wouldn't want to be associated with Geldof, Oscar, now that eminent people like Monbiot are calling him 'the man who betrayed the poor'.... look here:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2005/09 ... -the-poor/
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL!

I don't think hippies are bad at all, on the contrary...but I'm just not one of them...or maybe I am...hmmm what is the definition of a hippie?
rischott

Post by rischott »

DAISY!!!!

What was your first reaction?
:P :D 8) means you are a hippie.

:) :? not a hippie

:twisted: :evil: means New Jersey State Police
huntress

Post by huntress »

LOLOL rischott!! :lol:

My first reaction was this: :D
But does that make me a hippie?

Flower Power...PEACE.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL!

Guess I'm not a hippie then... :)
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

LOL! My reaction was a mix of :D and :? ... So, I'm..a half-breed tree hugger? Wait, but none of us eat tofu! That must detract from our hippie points at least a bit! Haha, j/k I don't mind hippies at all - and, yes, I've been called a hippie before in jest by some good friends - they said the only difference is that I shower and shave! ;) I've never smoked pot, though :shock: That can't be good for my hippie status....

~Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe you're just hip then. ;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Tee-hee.

I have always been a self-confessed tree-hugger. That's because I actually do hug trees. Only privately, not to make a big show in the park and earn weird looks from strangers, but when I'm feeling low I like to make friends with a big ancient tree. I sometimes imagine that they talk to me (i.e. like Treebeard from LOTR - 'Anything worth saying is worth taking a long time to say...'). So, what exactly is the difference/connection between tree-huggers and hippies? If they are one and the same thing, then hey, I'm a hippie, but I doubt it.

And I don't smoke pot either. Never smoked anything in my life. Never went for longer than a week without washing my hair either... and since I don't have a beard to shave, well, I generally scrub up pretty well and end up looking more like a Phi-Alpha-Kappa sorority girl with my fishnets and patent-leather pumps than a 60s-throwback flower child... But I do try to be earthy in everything else I do!!
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Haha, I'm most definately hip! ;)

Curlygirl ~ That's cute! You actually hug them? I like to sit underneath them and just ponder and enjoy them...wonder what they've seen in their many years. We have a lot of old Redwood trees that are hundreds of years old on my parents' property where I grew up, and I just love them. They're so majestic.

:D Amber
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Mark wrote:
dadasarah wrote:I can't wait until governments realize that it's actually in their best interest to take EVERYONE'S best interest into account. And citizens as well.
You obviously don't realize that it's actually NOT in governments best interest to take everyone's best interest into account. They aren't stoopid!
When citizens realize this, the house of cards will crash.
Actually, I disagree. Remember, ordinary, fallible people created every single government. When governments (people in government) lose sight of why the government was established (if it indeed was established for beneficial reasons in the first place) and focus instead on preserving short-term, unimportant things like their jobs and salaries (and their friends' jobs and salaries) then the government starts to destroy itself, because it is not doing what people would like it to do (if it was not created beneficially then it is doomed from the start). People will not respect it and will want something different. In general, people like government over anarchy, especially when they've experienced both.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

bambi726 wrote:Curlygirl ~ That's cute! You actually hug them? I like to sit underneath them and just ponder and enjoy them...wonder what they've seen in their many years. We have a lot of old Redwood trees that are hundreds of years old on my parents' property where I grew up, and I just love them. They're so majestic
Hi Bambi... yes, I do hug them! You are lucky to have Redwoods so close by. I envy you...
dadasarah wrote:In general, people like government over anarchy, especially when they've experienced both.
Have you experienced a state of anarchy? I personally think it would be ideal... :wink:

*CurlyGirl suddenly huddles in the corner, afraid of spies who might be surfing this forum looking for dangerous anarchist quasi-fruitarians*
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I said "in general" to mean "most people". :)

I've only experienced anarchy once: the night after an anti-FTAA protest at the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City. Lots of senseless destruction by overindulgent young people.

But I was mostly talking about Iraq immediately following the US invasion of 1993, or the period of civil war and unsettled government that occurred during the reign (1135–1154) of King Stephen of England... :wink:

I think if leaders served the people as examples, like Gandhi, people would naturally lend them certain powers to look after certain parts of society, realizing that these people have gifts for such things. There should be complete transparency and accountability. There should be agreements on certain things that should not be tolerated (killing other people). There should be shared goals on what kind of earth we want to give to the people in the year 5000. Complete freedom (anarchy) allows the strong to prey on the weak without bound. However, flawed government allows the same thing.

I think it is everyone's responsibility to care for the world, but we must organize and plan and make goals for anything to get done. What do you think?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
rischott

Post by rischott »

Speaking in terms of the internal United States. How can we even possibly understand the meaning of complete freedom from government while you live in a country, a nation, a state, in which everything around you compliments the governement. As most of you may agree, this diet has opened your minds and spirituality greatly since coverting. But Countless others are still infected with the diseases and zombiness of the pre-wai/wholistic diet.
Other factors include the governments and educational systems creation and continuation of the class system, racial hatred, and forgetfullness of the truth of the past. True anarchy lays within the hearts and minds of all humans. But we have come to a time when we have forgotten to love and we've replaced it with mass media, mass production, mass livelyhood. Our government does not supply the young with an oppurtunity for knowledge, for equal existense, for a common dream. We are taught useless facts, and our motivation and spirit is drained from us year after year, until we succumb to the system. In 5 years, we'll believe there are only 2 parties, 1 god, and our allegiance to the flag. But it was government that put those ideas in my face. It was government that consolidated into itself, forgetting about you and me.