Saying good-byes

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Saying good-byes

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hey all,
Well, I am leaving Scotland... for good. I am heading back to Johannesburg tomorrow, so I'll be offline for a few days at least until I can get my new internet connection established in my house. I am going around town now to say my good-byes :cry: But then I'll be back in South Africa, the land of cheap, abundant fruit and Wai-heaven! Hooray!

See you all soon,
CG
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Have a good trip back! I'll cover for you, moderator-wise... ;)

Baie goede reis! :D
Agent

Post by Agent »

Goodbye from Scotland (I live on the West coast) :D

Scotland's not all bad is it? I'm sure you'll be back one day...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thank you, Oscar... :-D I know the forum is in safe hands with you. Though perhaps a little heavy on the practical-joke side of things.... :wink: (I like to think of myself as a voice of calm reason here... though perhaps I am misleading myself!!) By the way, in S.A. those of us who speak Afrikaans would say, 'baie goeie reis' - which is extremely similar to the Dutch version (no surprises there...) My German papa would say, 'Gute Fahrt!', which to a non-German is probably hilarious :lol:

Hey Agent, thanks for the farewell. Where exactly do you live along the West coast? And no, Scotland's not all bad - indeed, I really love it, and am planning to come back soon. The county of Fife is beautiful, for one thing, although St Andrews is a touch too isolated for my liking. Edinburgh is an absolute jewel of a city!! But first, a little break to restock my vitamin D back at home... and partake of fruity delights. :-)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually "goede" is more formal, and we also use "goeie" as informal. In german that could also be "Gute Reise", quite close too. :)

Tot over een paar dagen dan! :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Goodbye, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good Night!

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter

Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. ~Emily Dickinson, "Parting"

Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknown

Gone - flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
~Alfred Tennyson

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. ~Charles M. Schulz

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
~Author Unknown

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. ~William Cowper

Excuse me, then! you know my heart;
But dearest friends, alas! must part.
~John Gay

To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment. ~George Lansdowne

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. ~Irish Blessing

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.
~Dale Evans

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey

Can miles truly separate you from friends.... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there? ~Richard Bach

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch. ~Garrison Keillor

What shall I do with all the days and hours
That must be counted ere I see thy face?
How shall I charm the interval that lowers
Between this time and that sweet time of grace?
~Frances Anne Kemble

Not to understand a treasure's worth till time has stole away the slighted good, is cause of half the poverty we feel, and makes the world the wilderness it is. ~William Cowper

She went her unremembering way,
She went and left in me
The pang of all the partings gone,
And partings yet to be.
~Francis Thompson

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot

Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart. ~Kay Knudsen

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~Author Unknown

You and I will meet again
When we're least expecting it
One day in some far off place
I will recognize your face
I won't say goodbye my friend
For you and I will meet again
~Tom Petty

Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again. ~William Shakespeare

In the hope to meet
Shortly again, and make our absence sweet.
~Ben Jonson

Some people come into our lives
and leave footprints on our hearts
and we are never ever the same.
~Flavia Weedn, Forever

But fate ordains that dearest friends must part. ~Edward Young

Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age. ~John Dryden

Where is the "good" in goodbye? ~Author Unknown

As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. ~Alcibiades

So sweetly she bade me adieu,
I thought that she bade me return.
~William Shenstone

A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
~Irish Blessing

Where'er I roam, whatever realms to see,
My heart untravelled, fondly turns to thee;
Still to my brother turns, with ceaseless pain,
And drags at each remove a lengthening chain.
~Oliver Goldsmith, The Traveller

Distance of time and place generally cure what they seem to aggravate; and taking leave of our friends resembles taking leave of the world, of which it has been said, that it is not death, but dying, which is terrible. ~Henry Fielding

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~Irish Blessing
I agree with them,

Avalon :cry:
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I hope you'll find Internet soon in South Africa? We all miss you a bunch! :cry:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

indeed.... :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

CurlyGirl told me to send her love to you all from a freezing Johannesburg. :)
She's still settling in and busy getting her own internet connection, hoping to be back online asap.
avalon

Post by avalon »

My turn to say goodbye for a while. Oscar, will you miss me :D

Moving soon and there's packing and lots-O-stuff to do. Internet disconnect is imminent :( Will try and visit from other pcs heh heh

Anyhow, before I go If I haven't shared this with you before, beware it's a good but long read- and kinda oh I don't know...

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyg ... 05ch5.html

Take care all!

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ooh, where are you moving?

Well, good moving I guess...hope your internet will be up soon, not like CurlyGirl... :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Staying here in Florida- just out of a risky condo situation- risky for hurricanes that is :shock:

Got time for a last post-it though :)

Chow
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

:cry: I'll definitely miss your jokes! Since you are in the States, there's no excuses for being out of reach right?
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oh no!! Not avalon too! :cry: I'll miss your jokes and your fierceness too. No one here does a better rebute to Oscar's comments than you avalon. Oh well, Chin-Chin is good too but the two of you make a great dynamic duo.

Be safe avalon. *waves*