Keeping your jaw muscles in shape

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Keeping your jaw muscles in shape

Post by andyville »

Hello friends,

I would like to ask all of you out there who, like me, exclusively consume juices and egg yolks, what you do to keep your jaw muscles in shape? Obviously, there is not a whole lot of chewing going on when you consume these foods, and these muscles are very important to your facial feautures, especially in males (marked jaw muscles might compensate for a wide nose, a short chin and so on, and also gives a face a certain masculine quality to it). In fact, jaw implants are becoming a very popular procedure in pastic surgery in the west, both among males and females. However, you can come a long way by just keeping these muscles in shape, which is ordinarily taken care of by chewing your food.

I personally use chewing gums; when I put them in my mouth I chew all the juice out of them, and spit it out. Then I just use the gum as an exercise tool, and it works quite well. However, I would love to hear about even better solutions (I would be happy to be able to eliminate the gum). Maybe you can fill me in on the safety of using chewing gums, Oscar? Could they damage the teeth? Obviously I only use sugar free gums, and as I mentioned before I spit out the juice. And what do you think about leaving a gum lying around for a couple of hours, then continue chewing it, thus not having to spit out the juice of a new gum each and every time? It sounds a bit gross, I know, but what the heck. You don't use a threadmill once, then throw it away, do you? I know that's the most pathetic analogy of the year, but I never said I was Beethoven. Well, Beethoven was a composer - not a linguist - so that's another very poor analogy right there. I guess I should just stop typing.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I only use sugar free gums, and as I mentioned before I spit out the juice
Is it sweetened with Aspartame? Sorbitol? Xylitol? These are artificial sweeteners and they are 100x more dangerous than sugar. Even if you do spit the juice out, there may be a possibility that you might not be too careful and swallow some of it?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I save my gum... I never thought about my face muscles, but I do think it helps clean my teeth.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

I've gotten some awesome jaw workout with hazelnuts (combining it with some honey for more nutritient and taste), and I'm sure other types of nuts work just as well. I've been longing to try out Brazil nuts but haven't found any importers here in Sweden (ok, I've not been searching that much).
Hannes
andyville

Post by andyville »

huntress:

Yeah, I do not want to have to rely on those substances - that is why I would like to eliminate the gum somehow. I am just basically trying to find a chewy food here, with a lasting quality to it...

johndela1:

So then I'm not the only one :)

Wintran:

Yeah, nuts might be a good idea! One problem for me is that I do not include any nuts in my diet, but I guess as far as chewing is concerned, they would do the trick... Not as lasting as gum, though.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think chewing gum could damage the teeth. Personally I think chewing fruit and fish, and nuts if you eat them, will keep the jaw muscles in good enough condition without needing gum.
rischott

Post by rischott »

What about sexual activity? If one uses his/her tongue more, the jaw will also be worked out.
andyville

Post by andyville »

rischott:

Please keep us updated on your results. Any pictures that might clarify your technique would be much welcome! :D

I think I have found a very good food for the purpose of jaw excercise - carrots! Chew them very, very thoroughly, then once you have chewed all the juices out just spit out all the remaining fibre (or, if you do not mind eating fibre, just swallow it). I am a spitter, and process about 3-4 carrots a day - my jaws are back in the game again!