state of nature

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: state of nature

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote:
nick wrote: Basically, penetration is only about the desire of the male who wants to get the female pregnant. Thus it is called rape because it doesn't really do anything more than that?
Of course the entire vagina is very sensitive, and thus penetration can very well give her physical pleasure. But not orgasm.
My girlfriend often gets orgasms from penetration only. I know not all girls do, but I know of several more than just my girlfriend.

I think this "theory" about man, women, sexuality, society and life in general is very interesting, and Wai/RRM definitively got many good points, but I do not think that this is THE truth and all else is wrong.

In my view, people are different and have different drives and instincts.
What better ilustrates this than homosexuality?
summerwave

individual

Post by summerwave »

the underlying sense of the other person is the key to feeling a connection; without it, one cannot (as a woman, I am saying this) feel much....

Love is both transcendent-- beyond each person's personality-- and very much linked to how much the other person is able to realize this.

A paradox, eh?

We are not slaves to our glands; indeed if one feels the sense of oneness-- which is completely outside one's control-- with another person, any physical reaction is possible, and a suitable expression of this.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Off topic: this oneness extends to all everything/everyone.
summerwave

oneness

Post by summerwave »

Indeed, and it is uncaused/inherent.

And yet--
Beyond any partiality according to "liking/disliking" and without any effort on one's part, one discovers a shared sense of this with another.

If you are really both devoted/taken by that oneness, you need not search anywhere else. And within that oneness, each person may be most moved by it in different other ways, too-- music for one person; art for another; time outdoors; relishing the company of children... but all of these things have the same root. So you do not even have to have some shared features of 'lifestyle' with someone or have 'compatible' personalities.

It is really astonishing that love-- which is oneness-- is the underlying thread. This completely animates what we take to be 'the physical."(sic)
summerwave

one

Post by summerwave »

Actually, not so astonishing at all.... (except to the mind, which is of course not able to ever come to terms with something that trumps its processes...)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Exactly :)
summerwave

state of nature

Post by summerwave »

The theory on the site regarding all of this falls into the realm of science--
(and the mind)--

It is incomplete, perhaps-- I do not disagree; it is just not the whole story.

But all of science exists with the plastic sense that it may be updated; changed...

Although in this case we are talking about 2 different realms: acquired knowledge (theories; data; observation) and what I would call innate knowing.
summerwave

state of nature

Post by summerwave »

I was reminded again today-- upon seeing an old friend-- how love is happened upon, not created.

For this reason, it is natural, and effortless, though it may force the ego to see how powerless it is-- and in this way seem effortful, and difficult.

True love is only giving, with no thought of return.

I believe human sexuality takes place within this context, and love is the far greater value of the two.