Everything Old is New Again

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Everything Old is New Again

Post by avalon »

I want to share this link with those who may never have read this post- or, with those who have never visited the old Wai acne board. I just spent the last few hours re-reading through posts and always take something I missed the first time, or reafirm old ideas... that keep the Diet fresh in my life.

This link I found funny. Not HA HA! But the simplicity of the food choices has me wanting to try it for a few days, just because :) So... sharing:

http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum5/000129.html

I like the idea that every once in a while I could shift gears down to three/four simple and cost effective food items, and be healthy :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Actually, my staple diet is OJ and some fish.
Though aditionally, every few days I also eat a cucumber-tomate-avocado salad.
Thats about it most of the time.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Wow, so the fish is the only "solid" food? Wouldn't all the acid from the OJ eventually cause problems? This would actually be great for me as I have been trying to figure out what I am going to do as I have a conference I will be attending for four days. I didn't want to have to bring so much stuff to eat with me as I am sharing a room with some colleagues. Just being able to bring a lot of fresh squeezed OJ, some Olive Oil and Yolks/Fish would make life quite a lot simpler. :)

RRM wrote:Actually, my staple diet is OJ and some fish.
Though aditionally, every few days I also eat a cucumber-tomate-avocado salad.
Thats about it most of the time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Wow, so the fish is the only "solid" food?
On days that I dont eat salad?
Yes.
Wouldn't all the acid from the OJ eventually cause problems?
No, they are the acids present in fruits in general.
And the oil 'neutralizes' the acids; without oil I you may experience acid reflux.
Just being able to bring a lot of fresh squeezed OJ, some Olive Oil and Yolks/Fish would make life quite a lot simpler. :)
And thats exactly why I do this. All I need all day, is a few bottles. (and a little snack: fish)
Seth

Post by Seth »

Just being able to bring a lot of fresh squeezed OJ, some Olive Oil and Yolks/Fish would make life quite a lot simpler. :)
And thats exactly why I do this. All I need all day, is a few bottles. (and a little snack: fish)
I will have to give that a try. So you completely supplant the egg yolks with the fish? If so, is this just a preference you have over the egg yolks. I have been finding that having to squeeze the yolk out is a little bit of a messy proposition, unless there is another trick to it unbeknowst to me.

Does the OJ, OO, Fish (and sometimes salad) combo provide all the nutrients and vitamins one needs or do you sometimes find craving another fruit as I think Wai had said would happen if your body starts to need something it isn't getting.

Thanks RPM for helping me resolve my eating at the conference dilemma!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Seth,
I never could get into yolk slitting and draining. From day one I have been using a shot glass to do the whole yolk, that is unless I'm mixing it with something. I find that I don't mind the sack at all. What bothered me more than the effort was losing any yolk along the way :)

I'm a greedy yolk-monger!!!!
avo

Post by avo »

Wow, I have not had yolks for a few weeks now. I too am on the OJ-fish-salad thing. Usually around 2-3 liters OJ with sugar/oil, .5 avocado, and .25 lbs tuna/salmon. And that's it!

I may start to eat starfruit, as my tree is fruiting. It's fruiting a lot. A friend is paying me 5 bucks so he can stop by and take whatever he wants from the tree/ground. :D
Seth

Post by Seth »

avo wrote:Wow, I have not had yolks for a few weeks now. I too am on the OJ-fish-salad thing. Usually around 2-3 liters OJ with sugar/oil, .5 avocado, and .25 lbs tuna/salmon. And that's it!
How do you buy your fish? Is it fresh? I ask because I have a hard time finding non-frozen fish. The fresh fish I buy only stays good for two days at best as is normally the case, from what I have read on here. It would certainly be easier to buy fish for the week than to have to go to the market every other day. However, that appears to be the only way it could work, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:So you completely supplant the egg yolks with the fish?
No, sometimes I still eat yolks instead. Most of the time im just too lazy.
is this just a preference you have over the egg yolks.
Yes, also that. But eating a lot of fish makes eating the yolks every now and then more appealing though.
Does the OJ, OO, Fish (and sometimes salad) combo provide all the nutrients and vitamins one needs
Yes, it still does.
How do you buy your fish? Is it fresh? I ask because I have a hard time finding non-frozen fish.
I go to the fish shop twice a week maximally.
I usually buy coquilles, mackerel, salmon and tuna. I eat the coquilles the first day, as the second day they are already a bit bitter. The mackerel (if fresh enough) just lasts to the second day, so thats what I eat on the second day. The third day its salmon, and the fourth day its tuna, as this one lasts longest.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Tuna is good for four days? Is it albacore, ahi-ahi or something else?

Is there any good source for learning how to inspect for parasites? I have looked through some books about sushi but they are worthless when it comes to saying anything beyond the fact that fish can contain them. It is for this reason, I have stayed clear from other fish although I love raw fish in general.
Seth

Post by Seth »

avalon wrote:Hi Seth,
I never could get into yolk slitting and draining. From day one I have been using a shot glass to do the whole yolk, that is unless I'm mixing it with something. I find that I don't mind the sack at all. What bothered me more than the effort was losing any yolk along the way :)

I'm a greedy yolk-monger!!!!
I never had a problem with the sack, but though Wai said it is not good for the skin to eat it or is it just that it has enzyme inhibitors and won't have any negative reaction to the skin itself? I didn't mind eating the yolks until I started draining them. :)
Seth

Post by Seth »

avo wrote:Wow, I have not had yolks for a few weeks now. I too am on the OJ-fish-salad thing. Usually around 2-3 liters OJ with sugar/oil, .5 avocado, and .25 lbs tuna/salmon. And that's it!
Interesting, you add extra sugar to the OJ? Is it white or raw sugar? (Does it matter at all?)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Tuna is good for four days? Is it albacore, ahi-ahi or something else?
Sure. Up to 5 days in my experience.
Its blue fin tuna.
Is there any good source for learning how to inspect for parasites?
There must be, but I dont know.
It is for this reason, I have stayed clear from other fish although I love raw fish in general.
Yeah, me too. I dont experiment much, just the usual farmed salmon, tuna, coquilles and surf clams. With mackerel im most cautious.
Seth wrote:I never had a problem with the sack, but though Wai said it is not good for the skin to eat it or is it just that it has enzyme inhibitors and won't have any negative reaction to the skin itself?
Its the enzyminhibitors, which, in theory (we have not come accross any experiences regarding this) may affect your skin.
Seth wrote:Interesting, you add extra sugar to the OJ? Is it white or raw sugar? (Does it matter at all?)
White sugar, in my case.
White sugar is more pure than brown sugar, whether its coloured or less processed (its never raw), meaning that it contains only sugar and no residues from other plant materials that may contain protein.
Pure sugar is safe regarding your skin. (if you manage to control your blood sugar level)
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:Tuna is good for four days? Is it albacore, ahi-ahi or something else?
Sure. Up to 5 days in my experience.
Its blue fin tuna.

That's good to know about the tuna. I was under the impression all fish was good for about 2 days.
Is there any good source for learning how to inspect for parasites?
There must be, but I dont know.

I will do some research and see if I can find anything that may be helpful.
Seth wrote:Interesting, you add extra sugar to the OJ? Is it white or raw sugar? (Does it matter at all?)
White sugar, in my case.
White sugar is more pure than brown sugar, whether its coloured or less processed (its never raw), meaning that it contains only sugar and no residues from other plant materials that may contain protein.
Pure sugar is safe regarding your skin. (if you manage to control your blood sugar level)
That's good to know. I tend not to have a problem with the blood sugar as I usually do about 15-20 TBS of Olive Oil per day. Since fat doesn't make you fat, I doesn't appear bad if one goes heavier on the olive oil.
avo

Post by avo »

I can definately be considered a 'regular' at the seafood shop, as I go 3 times a week. I usually choose from sockeye, naturally raised, cohoe, king and some Norwegian salmon. But after 4+ weeks straight of just salmon every night, I got tired of it and went back to tuna (blue fin). All their fish is always fresh, never ever frozen, overnighted from their respective location.

I don't like to eat fish any longer than 3 days. I'll keep my eye out for mackerel, never had that raw before.

I buy my sugar from 'bulk bins' at my work, so it is cheap, and cheaper with 20% discount on all purchases by employees. At the moment it is organic 'evaporated cane juice,' so it is grey, not white. Otherwise I prefer just organic sugar. I use about 10-15 Tbl spoons in my juice daily and slightly more spoons of oil.

I'm not attracted to yolks anymore. They used to be my favorite thing, when I got it fresh and local, not the store crap. Is it ok to have a yolk along with fish? Just to get anything I may be missing nutrient-wise...