Nutrients and harmful activities

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Tulip
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Nutrients and harmful activities

Post by Tulip »

I have a question about nutrient absorption.

When on the this diet, about how long does it take for all the vitamins to be absorbed from a 100-200 calorie meal of fruit and oil? How about animal food?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Tulip, in case you haven't read this elsewhere- I've lost 43lbs since starting The Wai Diet last february. I still have occasional binges where I gain 5-7lbs max, but know that I have no desire to regain the weight. I pray for the strength to not give in to this self-destructive program that I have.

It's not easy, but I believe it's possible. Today anyway :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Nutrients and harmful activities

Post by RRM »

Tulip wrote:When on the this diet, about how long does it take for all the vitamins to be absorbed from a 100-200 calorie meal of fruit and oil? How about animal food?
To absorb the vitamins, minerals etc. the food needs to go 'all the way'. Without full digestion, no proper uptake of vitamins.
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM,

I think I read somewhere that fruit in general takes 30 to forty minutes to pass through the stomach? Or was that digestion? With oil included, besides balancing insulin spikes, does the oil slow the digestion as well?

Curious.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:I think I read somewhere that fruit in general takes 30 to forty minutes to pass through the stomach?
Vitamins and minerals are not taken up from the stomach. The stomach is just the first stage in digesting our food. Most nutrients are taken up from the rest of the digestive tract.
does the oil slow the digestion as well?
Yes, a bit. Though it can also make it more efficient, as fatty acids are a great source of energy for the intestines.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay,
but you never answered Tulip's question and I am curious also...

How long do you think it takes for say- then, digestion/vitamin absorbtion to take place of foods listed???

Between ingestion and absorbtion??? Not that you would have to know, and I can certainly look it up, but if you know before I do :) You know what I mean... Ideas?

Avalon :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:How long do you think it takes for say- then, digestion/vitamin absorbtion to take place of foods listed???
Vitamin absorption takes place as long as the food is still in your intestines. The longer its there, the smaller the amounts, and in the end almost solely water is reabsorbed, but nevertheless. The food needs to go all-the-way to digest all the nutrients. Even in the actual stool there are still some small remainders.