https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Post by Monique »

wherés that suggestions page?
nick

Post by nick »

yes, that is the abstract.

i also made a pdf of the entire osteoporosis article from the website, so that people could download it and or print it out, etc...

the diet suggestions page is here
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Wow, you're going rather quickly. I have a couple of questions just from what I've read here...

By the diet or intro page, do you mean the intro to the book or the intro to the whole site? I think the intro to the site should be who is Wai and why do I care what she says since the site is WaiSays.com. And, the diet suggestions make more sense at the end of the book to me. Otherwise, I think people might be tempted to read the suggestions and not any further. Isn't it better for people to have a fuller understanding of what is going on?

On the same note, I thought that a loophole of getting around a 'suggested diet' (I keep wanting to write sample diet) would be to have a page or pages of recipes. Instead of telling people what to eat when, they would be picking out things that appeal to them and eat as their bodies and schedules dictate, which is one of the things stressed in the diet.

Also, does anyone else think that diet suggestions might be confused with the sample diet? I thought that the diet suggestions would be for maintaining a sample diet since that's much more difficult to do and since many will need to carry it on for months (two weeks of 'detox' and many more weeks of adding a food and then letting your skin completely clear if it aggravated you and then trying another food, etc.).

I'll take a look at the site tomorrow and write out some more suggestions. And, please don't feel timid about not taking them. It's not my site.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Forgot to say...the .pdf looks really good. Thanks for doing that!
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Monique

Post by Monique »

Originally posted by BlueFrog:
the diet suggestions make more sense at the end of the book to me. Otherwise, I think people might be tempted to read the suggestions and not any further.

I thought that a loophole of getting around a 'suggested diet' (I keep wanting to write sample diet) would be to have a page or pages of recipes.

does anyone else think that diet suggestions might be confused with the sample diet?
yes ppl might be tempted 2 not read any further, but 4 many reading further is simply 2 much asked n then its better 2 get them try some of d diet, right?
yes pages of recipes would b great, but would it not b better 2 link to recipe page of this board? (or make a copy n update this regulalrly?)
mayb sample diet should b "acne sample diet"?
i think suggestions page is 4 ppl in general, not 4 ppl wd acne
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Here's what I came up with: http://www.simplyskintastic.com/site_layout.html

Some things I noticed while perusing the site:
It doesn't seem as if English is the first language for the author. Some editing of the sentence structure might help.

The nutrient calculator yields 'missing data' statements no matter what I put in and there is not an explanation of what that means.

A date on the welcome message or a few other places, might help to emphasize that the site is still live and not an abandoned project. (There are many of those on the net.)

Monique:

The recipe page: I thought it would be nice to have pictures with it and a list of ingredients. Like a little online cookbook. There could also be a little tag for munch food or not. That's why I thought it might work better than the forums here. Plus, if it got large enough, it could even be put in a searchable MySQL database.

Putting the summary upfront: I don't think it's better to get people to try some of the diet becuase this diet requires an understanding of the fat to sugar ratios, essential amino acids, etc to keep from being malnurished. Wai also stresses that if you're not ready to commit 100% for a couple of weeks, wait until you are otherwise you will think the diet doesn't work when really, you weren't on the diet.

I'm not so sure about calling it acne sample diet, becuase there are other reasons for people to try the diet (IBS, cellulite, weightloss, etc). The sample diet acts as a 'detox' phase for anyone on the diet to help them get over the worst part of the food addiction (opiods, betacarbolines, etc.)as well as letting the liver and bowels play 'catchup' since they've probably got a back up of unprocessed materials from prior diets. I don't know what to call it though...introductory diet, detox phase, primer, trial phase...
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

BlueFrog:
Here's what I came up with: http://www.simplyskintastic.com/site_layout.html
Ah, that's very helpful.
Maybe acne should be on the first row as well, with the testimonies as a sublink of acne. I'm thinking of "Acne" just being mentioned (not a hyperlink) but that when you point at it with your mouse, it shows the sublinks that are hyperlinked: Free Acne Book, Acne Sample Diet, testimonies, Acne Q and A forum,

I think that some pages may need to be hyperlinked from different sections.

Maybe the "Wai diet" should just be a summary of what this diet is about, and then link to the section of the book that goes into detail.

Wai doesn't want a biography, and I agree; its not about Wai or me, but about the articles. We are quite stubborn about that.

We would also like to have a few main issues on the 'link-bar' (what's the correct name?), such as cancer, osteoporosis (with loads of hyperlinked sublinks), alzheimer, ADHD etc.

Would it be okay for you to create an initial design for this 'link-bar', so that we can add and / or move stuff ourselves? (going back and forward all the time might be very inefficient?)

Some things I noticed while perusing the site:
It doesn't seem as if English is the first language for the author. Some editing of the sentence structure might help.
Very true.
Volunteers are very welcome!
The nutrient calculator yields 'missing data' statements no matter what I put in and there is not an explanation of what that means.
Ah, yes, in the section "Data Sources" (bottom page) it says:
"Still, there is important data missing. For instance, seafood is a good source of iodide, but most fish listed had no available iodide measure[1][2][3].

Pay attention to the missing data messages, they will give you a hint about how complete the results are. Even using the best data sources for nutrition on earth, there is still a lot of information missing.
Is that unclear?
A date on the welcome message or a few other places, might help to emphasize that the site is still live and not an abandoned project. (There are many of those on the net.)
Good idea. How can we do that?
The recipe page: I thought it would be nice to have pictures with it and a list of ingredients. Like a little online cookbook. There could also be a little tag for munch food or not. That's why I thought it might work better than the forums here. Plus, if it got large enough, it could even be put in a searchable MySQL database.
Your ideas are excellent!
The sample diet acts as a 'detox' phase for anyone on the diet to help them get over the worst part of the food addiction
That's also true, so maybe we should simply copy the acne sample diet, adjust it a a little bit, and refer to it as an option for those who want to phase into the diet through a 'detox'?
"Detox phase" seems an adequate title indeed, doesn't it?
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I would be happy to edit/make corrections to the Wai pages (concerning the English grammar) if you need someone; I am a copyeditor for my college newspaper and have a few years of experience. I would be happy to help out!
Monique

Post by Monique »

its great 2 see so many ppl want 2 help
i wish i could do something :confused:
nick

Post by nick »

Maybe acne should be on the first row as well, with the testimonies as a sublink of acne. I'm thinking of "Acne" just being mentioned (not a hyperlink) but that when you point at it with your mouse, it shows the sublinks that are hyperlinked: Free Acne Book, Acne Sample Diet, testimonies, Acne Q and A forum,

I think that some pages may need to be hyperlinked from different sections.
Ok, I think I see what you mean
Maybe the "Wai diet" should just be a summary of what this diet is about, and then link to the section of the book that goes into detail.
Yes! Definitely! I tell people that its an elimination diet. It supplies you with all the necessary nutrients and contains no toxins, thus the perfect diet! In addition, we can then add how this diet can prevent/rid acne, cellulite, cancer, ADD, sleep problems, by hyperlinking the appropriate articles. The intro/summary would act as a guide.

We should link the to book, as this is the core explanation of the diet.
Wai doesn't want a biography, and I agree; its not about Wai or me, but about the articles. We are quite stubborn about that.
I think the "waisays was the result of doing resesarch for a book. Originally...etc" paragraph is sufficient to explain the reason behind the site. For me when I go to a site and read about how so and so cured this and that with this approach it doesn't come off as scientifical. Whilst yours is totally based on the strength of your research, not how you cured your acne. It gives it more authority.

But to say the least, I love learning more about you two, but your privacy come first.
We would also like to have a few main issues on the 'link-bar' (what's the correct name?), such as cancer, osteoporosis (with loads of hyperlinked sublinks), alzheimer, ADHD etc.
Sure.
Would it be okay for you to create an initial design for this 'link-bar', so that we can add and / or move stuff ourselves? (going back and forward all the time might be very inefficient?)
Good idea. Time-saving too.
Good idea. How can we do that?[/b]
I could figure that one out.

Also, I just realized that we should have a page on how to know when fruit is ripe or ready to eat. Banana's get those brown dots. Avocado's are soft to light pressure. This could help people when first starting the diet.

So we should start a thread and everyone should add their ideas on that one.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I just realized that we should have a page on how to know when fruit is ripe or ready to eat. Banana's get those brown dots. Avocado's are soft to light pressure. This could help people when first starting the diet.

So we should start a thread and everyone should add their ideas on that one.
Yes, that's a good idea. We could then add all those evaluations to each specific page that also includes that fruit's nutrient composition, so that every fruit has its own page, and we can easily add info to each page.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Great initiative guys! I agree that both the structure and the visual design of the website could be improved to give newcomers a simple introduction as well as providing easy-to-find information and guidelines, and a way to reach the more in-depth scientific articles.

Here's the latest version of the text by nick and me that I added to Wikipedia before it was removed, in case you might find some use for it:
The No More Acne Diet states that it can completely eliminate acne, as well as cellulite and obesity, by removing all foods that can cause acne from your diet. It's a kind of raw food diet in that only raw foods are ingested, and bases much of its energy intake on fruits and fruit juices, combined with cold-pressed olive oil and some vegetables. In contrast to fruitarianism, this diet also uses raw fish and raw egg yolk as a source for protein.

The No More Acne Diet was developed mainly by Wai Genriiu, a member of the Artists Cooperative Groove Union in Amsterdam, who is also the founder of Wai Says, a website with many articles regarding how food affects our lives and how cooking food creates harmful toxins.

According to Wai, this diet should completely eliminate acne in 90% of all acne patients, while in the remaining 10% the levels of specific hormones are too much elevated and can cause acne all by themselves.

Causes of acne according to the diet
According to the diet, acne is caused by the combination of two factors:

1. A high sebum production
2. Retaining water, pinching off sebum canals

If one of these two is absent, you don't have acne.

A high sebum production (1) can be caused by elevated hormone levels, or other factors not determined by hormones.

Retained water that pinches off sebum canals (2) can also be caused by hormones, but also by the food that you eat.

So, if your hormones cause a high sebum production, and your diet is the reason to the retained water, then this diet can eliminate your acne completely. But if the retained water is also caused by your hormones, this diet will not sufficiently work for you.

Acne is caused only if you have a high sebum production and if your skin is pinched off due to water attracting substances. If you have an oily skin but no acne, then your skin isn’t pinched off. If you don’t have an oily skin but have a swollen/thicker face, then your skin could be pinched off due to water attracting substances.

So what are these water-attracting substances? When you heat or cook food you originate new substances, and one of these substances are proteins that react with carbohydrates in something called "the Maillard reaction”. Heat changes their chemical make-up and digestive enzymes cannot fully break down these “dirty” protein peptides, connected chains of amino acids. The blood can absorb single amino acids to be utilized for repair and construction, but the blood cannot absorb protein peptides as effectively. Instead, the lymphatic system, which is designed for these larger molecules, absorbs these protein peptides as well as other nutrients, where enzymes break them down to be utilized, because organs and the blood cannot use these Maillard reaction products and protein peptides. The human body is built around efficiency and the lymphatic system ensures that vital nutrients are not wasted. The only catch is that the "lymph-express" empties its cargo into the skin, where this “dirty” protein attracts water from the true skin, pinching off the sebum canals.

The true skin is below the outer layer, and contains much water (1.8 to 4.4 gallons), which 80% is available for localized swelling of the skin. Protein has water-attracting properties and since the "lymph-express" transports these "dirty" proteins to the true skin, it attracts water the lymph, blood and from the outer skin.

Because "dirty" protein distracts water from the outer layer of skin, this has a dehydrating effect, taking away moisture (water) from the outer layer. This dehydrates the outer layer, which your skins counter-acts by increasing the amount of sebum, which has a hydrating effect. This can exacerbate the acne, as the more sebum is produced the more the sebum canals can be pinched. Sebum is essential to keep the skin young and flexible, it is not the cause of acne. Only when the sebum canals are pinched can there be a problem. So we need to decrease the amount of "dirty" protein in order to decrease the water pressure in our skin. The No More Acne Diet is a diet that excludes such toxins.

External links
* Free Acne Book - The Free Acne Book is a free online version of the book written by Wai Genriiu titled No More Cellulite, No More Acne, No More Overweight and provides extensive information on the No More Acne Diet, including a sample version of the diet and recommended food combinations.
* Wai Says - A website created by Wai containing many articles on the subject food and toxins caused by cooking food.
* Wai Talk (new) - A new discussion forum that was started in August 2005. It is moderated by long-time members of the old forum and is meant as a community for people interested in the diet to share ideas and experiences with each other.
* Wai Talk (old) - The old forum was mostly moderated by Wai herself but was closed in June 2003 because she felt most questions had already been answered. It's available as a read-only archive of questions and answers.
Hannes
nick

Post by nick »

I have the Free Acne Book in .pdf form, I just to send it to fined a place where people can take a look at it and give some final suggestions.

Its basically the book from the website in pdf form.

We should start a thread about how you can tell when fruits are ripe!
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Thanks Wintran and Nick. Here's a link to a working copy of the navigation. It's still very early into design process and will take some time to get it up and running. But, if anyone is interested:

First page of the acne book:
http://www.simplyskintastic.com/Wai/diet_book.php
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you Wintran, Nick and BlueFrog, your help is very valuable!

>>> VIEW THE NEXT PAGE >>>