Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Web-lay-out suggestions, functionality, reporting dead links etc
Wintran
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Post by Wintran »

Sorry all, seems like I might have been wrong in believing this diet was suitable for a unique article on Wikipedia. See the full discussion at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... _Acne_Diet

It might be better to mention Wai's diet as an alternate view in the acne article and in support of the raw food diet.
Hannes
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

It was a nice try Wintran. I like the write-up and I think it or something like it would be a great addition to the Wai site as a 'summary' or 're-cap' page. There's a lot of info on those pages and I keep finding little hidden pages on the site that have nuggets of info. that I missed or glossed over. The single page summary is a good sort of checklist to make sure you've addressed all the major issues before starting the diet.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, if it does, just remove this portion of the post. But I think that it might be good to put some effort into making a more 'presentable' and user-friendly website at WaiSays.com. One of the first things that people are taught to look for when determining whether something is legitimate or a scam is the 'professional' look of the website. While the information is good and there is nothing wrong with the website, it doesn't have the polished look that some other diet sites have (including some of those that refute the Wai diet).

I've thought about going on a couple of IBS sites and giving a testimonial on how well this diet works. Last time I visited one site in particular, there were hundreds of people telling their horror stories, but not one item in the solutions/remedies/help section. But, I'm a bit hesitant to refer them to the Wai site for more info. the way it is now. It may sound silly, but first impressions are often lasting impressions and not everyone looks beyond the initial impression. I hate to have people who are open to the diet now close their minds to it because of aestehetics.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
nick

Post by nick »

Originally posted by BlueFrog:
There's a lot of info on those pages and I keep finding little hidden pages on the site that have nuggets of info. that I missed or glossed over. The single page summary is a good sort of checklist to make sure you've addressed all the major issues before starting the diet.

I was actually thinking about a summary of the diet itself, such as the best combinations, or easier ways of doing the diet, such as just juicing and adding oil and sugar. People read about the diet and maybe don't know where and how to start. Maybe a sample menu would be a great way to exaplin it. This page should of course include links to the other pages as well.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, if it does, just remove this portion of the post. But I think that it might be good to put some effort into making a more 'presentable' and user-friendly website at WaiSays.com. One of the first things that people are taught to look for when determining whether something is legitimate or a scam is the 'professional' look of the website. While the information is good and there is nothing wrong with the website, it doesn't have the polished look that some other diet sites have (including some of those that refute the Wai diet).

I've thought about going on a couple of IBS sites and giving a testimonial on how well this diet works. Last time I visited one site in particular, there were hundreds of people telling their horror stories, but not one item in the solutions/remedies/help section. But, I'm a bit hesitant to refer them to the Wai site for more info. the way it is now. It may sound silly, but first impressions are often lasting impressions and not everyone looks beyond the initial impression. I hate to have people who are open to the diet now close their minds to it because of aestehetics.[/QB]
nick

Post by nick »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueFrog:
There's a lot of info on those pages and I keep finding little hidden pages on the site that have nuggets of info. that I missed or glossed over. The single page summary is a good sort of checklist to make sure you've addressed all the major issues before starting the diet.

I was actually thinking about a summary of the diet itself, such as the best combinations, or easier ways of doing the diet, such as just juicing and adding oil and sugar. People read about the diet and maybe don't know where and how to start. Maybe a sample menu would be a great way to explain it. This page should of course include links to the other pages as well.

Good point. However I haven't seen a site with the look and feel of WaiSays.com. It's one of a kind! But you raise a good point, if this site had a more professional look and feel, it would be given a harder and more serious look. People feel more awed and captivated when you have a site that is more friendly and offering. However, this site is a book plus articles based on the scientific studies. It's very self-explanatory when it comes to the science part. But what about making it attractive for a wider audience???
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Yup, there's a lot to be said for simple and clean. And if you come in on the home page, the site does make a little more sense. But, for example I found it through the appendix on constipation, the same place I'd probably refer people on an IBS board. It's not immediately clear what it's an appendix to. I think some little additions like a logo toward the top of each page, maybe a navigation bar, etc. could go a long way toward giving the site not only a more polished feel, but a 'live' one.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good idea. A logo, or maybe a navigation bar at the left side of the page, as thin as possible?
I'm thinking of a navigation bar that only shows the main issues (eg cancer, vitamins, osteoporosis), and that when you point at them with your mouse, they show the pages within that section? (as there are many pages in the osteoporosis section)
Can anyone do this?
nick

Post by nick »

Yes! I could do it. I would need about two weeks as I'm very busy with other web projects.

We would also need to talk about exactly what you want.

Also, in order to make it more friendly, should we make a page that has a sample menu? how to make the diet easier?
I think this community board could come up with some suggestions. I have plenty.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

From what I've read before, the idea of a sample diet was rejected because people would assume that was the way to eat and try to conform to that. But, maybe that's changed.

You might consider putting the book in .pdf format that can be printed easily or stored offline for those that have trouble reading lots of text online or have limited computer access (sharing comp time with other family members, etc.)
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nick:
Yes! I could do it. I would need about two weeks as I'm very busy with other web projects.
Wow, that would be great! :)
We would also need to talk about exactly what you want.
Yes, of course I will specify my ideas, but maybe others have some good ideas?
Also, in order to make it more friendly, should we make a page that has a sample menu? how to make the diet easier?
We have always been opposed to this, but maybe, after all this might be a good idea if we do it exactly right. We would need help for this though; input from you guys I mean.
I think this community board could come up with some suggestions. I have plenty.
Ha, sounds good!
BlueFrog:
From what I've read before, the idea of a sample diet was rejected because people would assume that was the way to eat and try to conform to that. But, maybe that's changed.
No, it hasn't changed; we still feel that way, but on the other hand, there may be a 'way around', or maybe not. I'm not sure.
You might consider putting the book in .pdf format
Yes, that's a good idea. Can you do that? Do you have Acrobat Writer? (Isn't there a free alternative version?)
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

:) I have reader, that's the free version that everyone can download from Adobe to view .pdf files. So, there's no reason anyone wouldn't be able to use the files once converted.

Converting the files to .pdf costs money. But, if someone is in web design, graphics, or attending university, he/she probably has access to the program.

Here's a sample of their online version: http://createpdf.adobe.com/?Language=ENU There's a free trial, with the first 5 conversions free, maybe it could be done just on that?
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
nick

Post by nick »

I have got the software for pdf's. No problem there!

I just need to think of how this will all fit together.

Such as, should we make page that is a friendly introduction to this diet. So that it explains it from a diet approach, instead of a rid your acne, or lose wieght approach, kinda' like a summary of the site. Then we can have the pdf version for people to download.

Does this sound good? or something else?

Because, right now, the site is more or less a collection of amazing health/diet articles. The online book isn't hyperlinked anywhere on the front page. I just think a summary/intro page to the diet would be helpful.

I like the cooking converts healthy protein into toxins, and etc.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

I think anything doesn't use flash would be great. :) I can look at it this weekend and think about ideas for structure.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nick:
should we make page that is a friendly introduction to this diet. So that it explains it from a diet approach, instead of a rid your acne, or lose wieght approach, kinda' like a summary of the site. Then we can have the pdf version for people to download.
Yes, that's a very good idea.
We just name it: "introduction to the diet" or "diet suggestions" (there is a suggestions page, but it's a lame one right now) or something like that.
The site indeed needs a user friendly introduction as to how to eat, more than just "eat lots of fruits and some animal food".
Because, right now, the site is more or less a collection of amazing health/diet articles. The online book isn't hyperlinked anywhere on the front page. I just think a summary/intro page to the diet would be helpful.
Yes, and on this introduction page, which needs to be hyperlinked right after the first line on www.waisays.com/index.html , we will link to the FreeAcneBook pdf file.
I like the cooking converts healthy protein into toxins, and etc.
Yes, like:
Cooking converts healthy protein into toxins that cause cancer, dementia, constipation, ADHD and overeating.
Cooking converts healthy cholesterol and healthy fats into toxins that cause vascular diseases.
Introduction to the diet
BlueFrog
I think anything doesn't use flash would be great.
I agree.
I can look at it this weekend and think about ideas for structure.
Thank you!
nick

Post by nick »

I have started to make a .pdf of the osteoporosis article and the free acne book. It should take a few more days to finish and put up on the site.

For the diet suggestions/introduction page, I think we can take the original diet suggestions page and add some information that would help people understand the diet.

For instance, it's cheaper to buy bulk oranges from a produce company than to buy from your regular grocery.
Plus, zipping from orange juice while at work or while your not at your house, it's much easier to keep your sugar level steady.

So recommendations like that. The diet suggestions page is great because it makes recommendation just like that.

For the intro page, we could also have an explanation of what this diet is and what it isn't.

Those are some of my ideas, if I'm making it harder let me know. I'm trying to think of how the introduction/summary page should flow.
Monique

Post by Monique »