what to put on my skin: YES OR NO?

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
DarkGalaxy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

what to put on my skin: YES OR NO?

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Anyone??

The skin apparently absorbs a lot of what it comes in contact with and therefore, I try to be extra careful with what I put on my skin. I use food masks (avocado, banana, honey, etc) on my face, etc. If it is not too edible, I don't feel comfortable putting it on my skin (because I want it to stay young). Also, some of the substances I avoid in this diet may be used in personal care products and still have some effect in my body.

Should this be ok (regarding cellulite, overall skin health and anti-aging),

YES OR NO???
1) When avoiding salt: seaweed soap, seaweed wrap, Dead sea salt, Dead sea clay mask, French mineral clay mask, soaps containing salts.
2) When avoiding caffeine: caffeine scrubs (or rubbing wet caffeine grounds into cellulite- affected areas)
3) Aloe Vera gel from fresh cut leaves... any reason why I should NOT put this on my skin?
4) Alternatives for shaving cream anyone (I mean, I guess I could use an avocado :))?
5) Anything I should avoid? Any external things that can either positively or negatively affect my cellulite progress or age my skin faster?

:)
RRM
Administrator

Re: what to put on my skin: YES OR NO?

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:1) When avoiding salt: seaweed soap, seaweed wrap, Dead sea salt, Dead sea clay mask, French mineral clay mask, soaps containing salts.
No. Still salts that extract water from your skin.
2) When avoiding caffeine: caffeine scrubs (or rubbing wet caffeine grounds into cellulite- affected areas)
hmm, not sure.
3) Aloe Vera gel from fresh cut leaves... any reason why I should NOT put this on my skin?
Yes, because it accelerates skin renewal (so: No)
4) Alternatives for shaving cream anyone (I mean, I guess I could use an avocado :))?
Ha, ha, thats taking it pretty far...
Maybe a beard-trimmer?
5) Anything I should avoid? Any external things that can either positively or negatively affect my cellulite progress or age my skin faster?
Ehrr, thats a very general question...
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Beard trimmer? To shave my legs? hehehe
Oh I WILL use avocado hahaha

Aloe Vera... I see... interesting but true so I won't use it anymore (only for really hot dates maybe). Now if I only knew for sure that my coconut oil is raw...

Ok so no salts (just as I thought), no Aloe, I'll skip the caffeine scrubs too. You know, it's actually pretty hard to find salt-free soaps.

Thank you!!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Try waxing? ;)
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Hehehe that's so messy... and what's in that wax anyway?

I'm thinking of having my bikini line, armpit hair and leg hair permanently removed. Now THAT would be great.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Hehehe that's so messy... and what's in that wax anyway?

I'm thinking of having my bikini line, armpit hair and leg hair permanently removed. Now THAT would be great.
That would be cool for my face... maybe like, if I stopped shaving I'd have a perfectly trimmed goatee or just have it all removed. I don't like facial hair for the most part.
avo

Post by avo »

johndela1, I wouldn't do something so drastic. Never know when you might change your mind about that.

DarkGalaxy, go right ahead. :D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

:D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

yea, maybe...

I just hate shaving... I usually put it off and when I get around to it, it is hard to do because it is so long.

I think if I had the chance to safely stop the hair growing, I would be all for it.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Yea... no more hair EVER on my armpits, legs and bikini line... heavenly!!
Looking forward to that!
meao

Post by meao »

Shave with olive oil, thats what I do, it looks fierce ;)!
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Late reply... but hey I just joined...

Yeah anyway, I shaved (my face) with olive oil this morning... it wasn't very effective, I can tell you that. What I mean to say is that I was unable to cut my facial hair close to the skin, meaning that I was just as "prickly" even right after shaving... I'm still looking for an EFFECTIVE way to shave without irritation...

... or I might also consider getting all my facial hair removed by laser :P
Christina

Post by Christina »

lol, done that, been there. Just use egg white and put coconut oil on the skin after. :wink:
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Are you telling me I should smear egg white all over my face? If so, that sounds interesting (but less wasteful, as I'll be able to use all that egg white I normally discard)... can you confirm that?

And concerning coconut oil... I haven't been able to find any. Is it sold in a bottle (liquid state) or in some other kind of packaging (solid)? I am of course speaking of virgin coconut oil.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Yep, smear it on. And please wash it off after.
I buy wilderness family extra virgin coconut oil. It says it hasn't been heated over 118 degrees F. It costs about $ 65 for a gallon without shipping.