Potato crisps

Challenges and trouble-shooting
gilrose
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Potato crisps

Post by gilrose »

Some questions. Wai says that potato crisps are 'best happy foods" but potato crisps are potato chips in the U.S. so they are fried- which is contradtion to the raw diet. It is winter in the U.S. from Dec. to March and getting organic fruits is limited and costly so is it required to eat organic fruit? Isn't all this fructose from fruit harmful? This diet looks great because it has lots of K and Magnesium but you get hardly any calcium- How do you explain that? the RDA for calcium is around 1000 mg for an adult male aged 19 plus. Who is Wai anyhow? What is his credentials?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello and welcome on the forum. :)

The potato chips aren't on the diet, but are an example for 'munch' food, if you can't or don't want to do the strict diet.

The fruits with thicker skin are less vulnerable, so they don't necessarily have to be organic, but peel all the fruits anyway.

Maybe you could read some more articles, for instance the one about osteoporosis, which will probably answer your question about calcium.
gilrose

Peeling fruit?

Post by gilrose »

Is not the peel of say an apple nutrient dense and the best source of vits and stuff? Should I be peeling fruit or eating it whole?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're right, in or just under the peel the nutrients are more dense. But on this diet we get so much of those nutrients anyway, that not eating the peel doesn't matter. On a standard diet however, where people don't get that many nutrients, every peel counts. ;)
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

It is also wise to peel fruits because the concentration of pesticides and other pollutants is highest in the peel.
Also, the skin is generally more fiberous and harder to digest.
slea

Post by slea »

The calcium reqirements on this diet are different than on the standard diet. Your body automaticaly adjusts the absorbsion rate for what ever nutrients you need. When you are on a standard cooked diet, not only do you need more calcium but more of other nutrients as well due to the acid/drying nature of a cooked diet.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Hi again folks. This question is about munch foods like potato crisps. Potato crisps contain hydrogenated oil and doesnt those type of oils cause cardiovascular disease. My questions basically pertains to artery health because im trying to avoid or make sure I have the best arteries I can have for plenty of reasons of course. On the site Wai explains how cooked foods and percipated or oxidized protein, fat , and cholesterol is the cause of artery disease. But does hydrogenated oil for munch foods cause problems.
Another question if I may is about the healthy oils like OO. Is there any chance that eating these in abundance or even alittle bit can cause clogged arteries or high blood fat that can cause angina or tight chest feeling.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, hydrogenated oils are bad, like trans-fat(ty acid)s.
Natural, unheated fats are okay.
It's explained in this article: http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/fats.html
Gerard

potato crisps/potato chips

Post by Gerard »

Dehydrate some nice fruits (to crispiness) in the same shape and size as a chip or crisp, then dip it in olive oil and that will be the happiest food there is....
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote: The fruits with thicker skin are less vulnerable, so they don't necessarily have to be organic, but peel all the fruits anyway.
I consider pesticides something to avoid, but also I prefer organic because of the way they are fertilized.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure, ideally speaking organic always beats non-organic.