Bee Honey

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Queenbee
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Bee Honey

Post by Queenbee »

:D hi...

I was wondering...does anyone know if eating natural unheated honey can be part of this diet?

Ami
(((blessings)))
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Hi Ami,

Yes, it definitely can! I personally eat a ton! Just make sure it is really raw. :)
Queenbee

Post by Queenbee »

:P yummmii...thanx sula

love ami
Last edited by Queenbee on Thu 26 Jan 2006 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
(((blessings)))
rischott

Post by rischott »

On the subject of honey: I've noticed many different kinds of honey. Some light color, others darker, and some are more 'liquidy' than others. Does it matter at all? Some jars cost $10 while others cost $50 for the same amount. Any suggestions on how to buy honey?
p.s.
At the moment I am in Korea, so I can not really read the labels in depth. Can i notice from the color?
Noaide

Post by Noaide »

rischott wrote:On the subject of honey: I've noticed many different kinds of honey. Some light color, others darker, and some are more 'liquidy' than others. Does it matter at all? Some jars cost $10 while others cost $50 for the same amount. Any suggestions on how to buy honey?
p.s.
At the moment I am in Korea, so I can not really read the labels in depth. Can i notice from the color?
Hi rischott,

I can ask a friend of mine who knows about honey - he´s a beekeeper :) ...but I do know that you can't tell much from the color about the quality...that mostly tells you what type of honey it is...

I guess what you should make sure is, that is has not been heated. That distroys all the good stuff in the natural honey...

noaide
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Is honey just OK to eat or is it some kind of super food? I've read articles that say don't eat it and others that say it is a miracle food.

Any one have any ideas or links to some convincing articles?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I was brought up being told honey was a miracle food. But I tried raw honey and didn't notice any effects at all....so I no longer believe its that miraculous :roll:
huntress

Post by huntress »

Has anyone ever tried flavoured honey like clover honey or blueberry honey? I wondered if flavoured honey will blend well with my mashed bananas...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Huntress :-D Eucalyptus honey is absolutely scrumptious on mashed bananas...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think honey is OK, mainly for its sugar content. I'm not sure about other contents, beneficial or toxic.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Thank you for the tip CurlyGirl :D
I can't find Eucalyptus honey around my area though, but I'll definitely keep an eye, or two( :shock: ), open for them!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I happen to get an euphoria from honey actually. My favorite combo is lemon juice + honey + just about anything (egg yolk, banana, etc), always get me in a really good mood.

I'm really keen about learning the different colors and consistencies of honey also. Please follow up on that!
Saiva

Post by Saiva »

Well, honey can have the color of almost transparant white to dark brown, it depends of what kind of flowers the bees take their nectar from :)

My personal favourite is the heatherhoney that the bees take nectar from in the autumn. It's darker and a bit more bitter than the paler summerhoney(but still very very sweet) 8)

If the honey is raw it should not be liquid, then it has been added extra fructose(wich is added during heating). BUT if it has been taken DIRECTLY from the beehive it's liquid and beautifully golden. It stiffen the days after that. And if it is properly stirred in that process it's almost completly smooth.(but NOT liquid!) And you can not see through it. :)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Saiva,

thank you for the info. :)

Can you tell just from the consistency of the honey if it's raw? In other word, is there a foolproof way to visually tell if the honey is raw?

Sometimes, you see a crystallization of the honey, especially around the edges of the jar, is that indicative of its quality or treatment process?
Saiva

Post by Saiva »

Um, well... I know some indications you could look for to see if it has been heated. But it's not so easy :?

If you live withing the EU it's easy, shops are not allowed to sell honey that has been heated. Only as "cooking honey" <--- bad translation? :roll: All the good stuff and natural enzymes are destroyed at 38-40 degrees Celsius. (some people say 45-50 C but that is NOT true!)

If you don't live in an EU country, there are som ethings you can look for:

1. If it is liquid - DON'T buy it! If the honey doesn't get stiff it's usually heated. (unless it has the color of water. Then it could be the "virginhoney" but that is usually very expensive.)

2. It's ok if it has just a little "frosting" on the top. It's just chrystallised sugar :)

Uh... Well... Honey can have A LOT of consitances, smooth,creamy and murky if it's dark - then it's usually from heather, almost rock solid and light - then it's usually "summerhoney" from wild flowers like rasberry, herbs, appleflowers e.t.c., completley white - from rapeseedflowers.

But really make sure it's not liquid and if the lable says it's supposed to be used in cooking - it has been heated.

If it's really stiff - almost like wax. Then it has probably not been heated.

Did I make any sense? :lol: