New here...Having a lot of trouble already!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RainbowBright
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

New here...Having a lot of trouble already!

Post by RainbowBright »

Nice to meet all of you. I have been enjoying reading the messages posted here.

I started the diet about 3 days ago, but have had a heck of a time with it already! I have been extremely weak and spacy, and pretty much unable to function. After reading the posts here though, it has become clear to me that I simply have not been eating enough food! For instance, I was not eating breakfast, and just eating a few pieces of fruit during the day. I had the salad for lunch, but really just a medium sized salad, not a huge one, and not all day long either, just for lunch. I ate 1 raw egg per day as well, and that seemed to give me some strength, but not enough. I don't like nuts much, so I left them out. So my diet for the last few days has consisted of:

-- a few pieces of fruit
-- 1 raw egg
-- 1 medium sized salad

I can see now that this is probably not enough!

I went to the store today and bought some raw almond butter, some smoked salmon (I think this might be raw, it looks raw!), and some muffins that I can eat as a "munch food" with either the almond butter or a small amount of cream cheese. I think adding these foods will really help. Plus I think I can probably handle 2 raw eggs per day. They don't seem to bother me and we have our own chickens, so I know they are safe, organic, etc.

I realize that I won't be following the diet exactly yet, but I need to regain a little strength here before I can try again to get closer to the real diet.

I loved the e-book when I read it and I think that Wai and you all are really on to something here. I found the e-book because I have been searching for a cure for the cellulite on my thighs. I am 36 years old, have always been a "healthy" eater (mostly organic, cook everything at home, on and off vegetarian, etc.) plus, I have been working out for 5 years at the gym, I love hiking, and I am not even overweight! You see, on paper, it makes no sense for me to have cellulite! Something is really wrong with this picture and the e-book seems to me to have hit the nail on the head.

I am hoping that I can get rid of the cellulite with this diet. I just need to practice with it some more and not starve myself!

Thanks for listening!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome to the forum. :)

Not eating enough is the most common mistake with this diet. Basically you have to learn to listen to your body when it needs more energy. For now: eat when you're hungry. This might be every hour if you eat small amounts.

A way to check whether you're getting enough energy is by entering your diet into the nutrient calculator. If you're not getting at least around 2000kcal, then it's probably not enough. Of course this figure also depends on build and activity level.
You can find the calculator here: http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html

Smoked salmon isn't raw... ;)
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks!

Yes, I was thinking that the smoked salmon might not be raw! It looks very undercooked though. I guess they just cook it a little bit, perhaps.

Anyways, I am going to be cheating on the diet for the next few days (following it half-way and eating a few things that are not on the diet, like the smoked salmon) and then I will give it another start next week.

I've also read that cellulite can be eliminated by going on a 3 day grapefruit fast. Has anyone tried that? It sounds hard, but it would be worth it, even for a reduction in the cellulite.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I think that is nonsense :wink: That would be very easy wouldn't it!? But as it takes a lot longer to get there in the first place, it also takes a bit more effort to get rid of it. When I eat a LOT of junk for a while I get mild (is that a correct word here?) cellulite. But after a few weeks on 100% wai it's gone. But with my mom for instance it is way more severe. She eats 100% way for say 2 years now and she can hardly notice any difference regarding her cellulite. For most persons it takes a lot longer to get rid of it then a few weeks, I think. The build-up of cellulite is a slow proces, so getting rid of it will be so too.
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

I think you are right! To be honest, the cellulite drives me NUTS and I will do whatever it takes to get rid of it, including eating 100% WAI, if that's what it takes.

However, I need to practice with the WAI diet more, because I still have not got it down to where I don't feel weak all the time.

I have been up for about 4 hours and so far today I have eaten:

-- 1 banana with 1 tablespoon coconut oil when I first got up
-- 1 cup of green tea with about 1 tablespoon of half-and-half (ok, that's cheating I know, but maybe it would count as a munch food)
-- 1 raw egg
-- 1 grapefruit with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil

With all that, I would say that I am feeling less tired and weak than I have in the previous days on the diet, but I am still quite spacy and having difficulty concentrating.

I need to be able to eat the diet and feel strong and energetic. I wonder if eating 2 raw eggs before bed would help me feel better in the morning? I am also finding that I am waking up tired and seem to want more sleep than usual. That's not helping with my energy and concentration either!

Not sure what I need to do to make this work for me, but I am committed to keep trying until I get it right!

Thanks all!
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Ok, so now it has been 7 hours since I got up and here is what I have had so far today:

-- 1 cup of green tea with about 1 tablespoon of half-and-half
-- 1 raw egg
-- 2 glasses of water
-- 1/3 vegan muffin (munch food?) with 3 tablespoons raw almond butter
-- 1 large salad with 1 avocado, 3/4 cucumber, 1 tomato, a small amount of smoked salmon (cheating?), and lots of olive oil (probably 3-4 tablespoons).

The salad really filled me up and I feel full and pretty much normal after what I've eaten today. However, I think I might be cheating quite a bit here! In fact, I've eaten so much fat, I am wondering if I am just adding to the cellulite!

Sorry to bore everyone with a play-by-play of what I'm eating all day, I'm just trying to get this diet right, and writing it out here is helping me figure it all out. Plus your comments are really helpful!

Thanks! RB
Iris

Post by Iris »

RainbowBright wrote:Ok, so now it has been 7 hours since I got up and here is what I have had so far today:

-- 1 cup of green tea with about 1 tablespoon of half-and-half
-- 1 raw egg
-- 2 glasses of water
-- 1/3 vegan muffin (munch food?) with 3 tablespoons raw almond butter
-- 1 large salad with 1 avocado, 3/4 cucumber, 1 tomato, a small amount of smoked salmon (cheating?), and lots of olive oil (probably 3-4 tablespoons).
Drop the muffin, make the smoked salmon fresh salmon, and optional make the grapefruit an orange. Then you're diet is perfect :wink: (but very little!). But serieus, If you can (if it doesn't make you brake out) you should eat more yolks! I can believe you're feeling weak if that is all you eat. I easily eat 8 of them, sometimes 12! And no, this is not going to make you fat! I'm 5"8 and when I'm at my set point weight I'm 108 pounds, eating about 10 yolks daily AND like 175 gram salmon!
The salad really filled me up and I feel full and pretty much normal after what I've eaten today. However, I think I might be cheating quite a bit here! In fact, I've eaten so much fat, I am wondering if I am just adding to the cellulite!
Eating fat is not making you fat, nor is it contributing to your cellulite!!! It's the dirty protein that is causing that. Just as in some it causes acne. So you can eat as much fat as you like, it will not affect your cellulite!!! Just stop eating smoked salmon, muffins etc!!!
Sorry to bore everyone with a play-by-play of what I'm eating all day, I'm just trying to get this diet right, and writing it out here is helping me figure it all out. Plus your comments are really helpful!
No need to apologize :wink: I'm glad I can help! And I don't find you writing boring either! 8)

Good luck!
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks for the pointers!

I thought maybe the muffin was ok since it's vegan, so no egg, dairy, etc. to add to the cooked protein content. Since it's got 4 grams of protein for 1/2 a muffin, I thought I could get away with less than half a muffin as a munch food. These muffins are really good, especially with the raw almond butter. Yum!

Today is the first day I feel relatively normal on the diet, and not so weak. Yay!
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Also, do you eat your eggs at night, or throughout the day? I'm wondering if eating a few eggs before bed might be a good idea.
fictor

Post by fictor »

When you say "eggs" are you referring to whole eggs, or just the yolk?
It is recommended to stick to just the yolk.

I eat my egg yolks/fish/meat usually in 2-3 portions during the day.
I try to remain physically inactive for 1,5 hours after eating it. It
works fine when eating it at work, before I am going online or watching a movie. Or before I am going to bed :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

RainbowBright wrote:Thanks for the pointers!

I thought maybe the muffin was ok since it's vegan, so no egg, dairy, etc. to add to the cooked protein content. Since it's got 4 grams of protein for 1/2 a muffin, I thought I could get away with less than half a muffin as a munch food. These muffins are really good, especially with the raw almond butter. Yum!

Today is the first day I feel relatively normal on the diet, and not so weak. Yay!
Well, if it is low in protein then you could eat it as munch food, of course! I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression about that. I wouldn't take it instead of yolks or fish though!!!

And about the yolks, usually I eat them around 8 pm, but that is way before my bed time :wink: But sometimes I also take them in the morning, when I need an extra boost. But that does not mean you should do the same! Experiment, and find out what suits you best! It differs per person. (excuse my grammar... I'm not reading enough english lately. I hope you understand what I'm saying)

Glad you feel better already :!:
RainbowBright

Ate Mexican Food Last Night...Not Pretty!

Post by RainbowBright »

So I went out to dinner with my boyfriend last night and had mexican food. Bad idea! I only ate about half of a cheese enchilada with some cooked beans, but oh my God, did my stomach punish me for it! It's amazing how quickly your body can get used to a simpler/easier to digest diet and really rebel against "regular" food. I had cramping and bloating all evening after that (very romantic!). I finally had to drink part of a beer, just to settle my stomach and help me sleep (more cheating, I know!).

This really makes me see how much better this diet is and how much easier it is on the body. I just need to keep working with it until I get it right!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Just remember all beginning is hard. When you are used to eating this was, you don't even want anything else :D
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Yes, I just need to get used to it and find what is going to work for me. What do you eat first thing in the morning to get going? I was thinking of eating a couple of egg yolks, but then would I need to be inactive for a while and not eat anything else for a while as well?
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yes, that's correct.

Usually I eat like 1 or 2 apples, and then I make juice for the rest of the day. At normal "dinner time" (so round 6 pm) I take some fruit again, and like 2 hours later I take my yolks and fish. The rest of the evening I only drink juice again. But sometimes I don't eat anything when I wake up, then I just drink juice (with oil of course) till I'm energetic enough.

But like you said, you have to figure out what works best for you!